Beginning Of The Week Finds(Funk Related)

124»

Comments

• UnDos3UnDos3 81 Posts
    came up on a few good ones lastnight:

JIMMY CLIFF - I AM THE LIVING
    THE NOTATIONS - S/T (2000 re.press, but still dope)
    CHARLES EARLAND - ODYSSEY
    JD & THE EVIL'S DYNAMTE BAND - EXPLODES...
    LINVAL THOMPSON - BABY FATHER (oriJAHnal LP in excellent condition)
    CURTIS MAYFIELD - BACK TO THE WORLD
    BOBBI HUMPHREY - BLACKS AND BLUES
    VA - BLACK ECHOES LP (this is a roots reggae compi including Dennis brown, The Heptones, Junior Delgado and many more greats)
    VA - 17 NORTH PARADE LP (another dope reggae compi. The highlight for me is Donovan Carlos' Be Thankful track.)

one.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    chick churchill Lp
    Union Pacific lp(private pop-rock thats kinda cool)
    craz-it's on 12"(on East harlem. they rap like onyx but the beats are raw, they use get out my life woman and skull snaps drums. any info?)
    comptons most wanted 12"

pretty lame

• phono13phono13 842 Posts

Is this one any good? Never heard it.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    i havent received it yet. But the credits include: Sergio Mendes, Oscar Castro Neves, Hermeto Pascoal, Gilberto Gil, Carlos & Kathy Lyra, Paulo Da Costa, Raul De Souza and others.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    comptons most wanted 12"

which one ?

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    straight check em

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    straight check em

damn that's a sick single. Counts as a pretty good score in my book.

• shitzrshitzr 648 Posts

I got some interesting private ones yesterday. Info appreciated.

Warmth Volume 5 - Up Jumped Kolbe. I know a record is going to be good when the standard issue quote from someone famous on the back is from Moses Malone! "Moses is not the Force. This is Doc's team... Moses is just here to help win". Private press on Double Dunk Records (ha!) in Aptos, CA. I don't know where that is, but judging from the zip code, it must be close. Signed by the band on the back too. Funky jazz with some wild ass spoken word over it. Will be sampling soon. So this is volume 5, anyone seen more?

DJ Ferrari

Aptos is a little bit south of Santa Cruz. I have never seen that record though. Nice one!

their other records arent as nice. actually theres really only one track on 5 that is good in my opinion. however there are 6 volumes i think. i talked to the engineer and he told me about it. the first few volumes dont pop up often because they had lower pressings and sold quite well. i see 5 alot. its fun when you get them with the signatures on them. sold them at their shows. i kind of remember the engineer saying that they used to play out all the time. so maybe most of their records were sold at shows... hence all the signatures.

the engineer on the record is still doing his thing. hes got copies of some of their records. may have other things too. only really talked to him that one time... 5yrs or so ago. he could be dead... i really dont know.

anyway... carry on.

is this the same band warmth from santa cruz? if so, i got their self titled and "cooper house", both which i see more often than the volume 5 (which i just copped from you today and i digs it).