Beginning Of The Week Finds(Funk Related)

Comments

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Hey Indiana45s, have you been to CT lately? I'm feeling suspicious I know where you got all those.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

OST - Sign of Aquarius (Adell) Insane hippie psych freakout musique.

Is there anything else on this label. I picked this up last year and was really digging it. That one track w/ the weird synth on top is insane.

Yeah there's a few more rock albums on the label. It's a local MIchigan (Livonia?) label. I was lovin' that "Sign of Aquarius" album when I found it a couple years ago, but when I pulled it out last month it didn't really do anything for me. Still, seems to be fairly scarce.

• the3rdstreamthe3rdstream 1,980 Posts

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST

now iam waiting for a "indiana45s is lying (proof inside)" post

but you have poland on lock

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts

I just picked these up today. Not even sure what I bought. Save me some time and tell me which ones I should listen to.

The Makowicz at the bottom right might be one of the better ones.

http://www.soulstrut.com/reviews/review/review_insert.php?item_id=1482

Here's a review of the Sadowski as well:

http://www.soulstrut.com/reviews/review/review_insert.php?item_id=1624

And the Jazz Jamboree LP at the top (blue) in the middle

http://www.soulstrut.com/reviews/review/review_insert.php?item_id=1954

The Laboratorium in the 3rd row, far left is Fusion:

http://www.soulstrut.com/reviews/review/review_insert.php?item_id=1457

You're also got some straight jazz-bop lps as well.

• nice finds. that laboratorium is nice. holler if youre not keeping it.

• JazzsuckaJazzsucka 720 Posts

I just picked these up today. Not even sure what I bought. Save me some time and tell me which ones I should listen to.

Nice score!

Havn't heard even near all of them, but the obvious ones are of course:

Makowitzch: Unit
    Prague Big Band: Music For My Friends
    Karolak: Easy
    Sadotowski is alright in some parts

I bet there is some good 60's stuff on there as well, I would listen to the one in the upper section with the guy standing in the middle of the road, I have a feeling it's some good hardbob business.

• Options
    I have a feeling it's some good hardbob business.

Ahem.

K.

• JazzsuckaJazzsucka 720 Posts
    I have a feeling it's some good hardbob business.

Ahem.

K.

What, you don't like hardbob, K?

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    The guy who sold the Polish recs to him, or the guy who sold them to the guy who sold it to Indiana45s can suck my dick! But I'm glad someone from the Strut fam got em.
    Peace
    T.N.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I realize heads on here aren't too into these guys, but I've been checking
    for this 12" for a while now, I've always been into these tracks, only ever had the cassette,
    so I was psyched to cop it. Gotta love how the sides are "Key Side" and "Garvey Side"

This is protected by the red, the black, and the green -
    At the crossroads, with a key -
    SISSIIIEEESSS[/b]

Fuck that noise--I'm a big-time X-Clan. And I think they haven't gotten near the props they deserve.

Just for the hell of it:

X-Clan - Raise the Flag 256kbps

• axefoleyaxefoley 331 Posts
    for this 12" for a while now, I've always been into these tracks, only ever had the cassette,
    so I was psyched to cop it. Gotta love how the sides are "Key Side" and "Garvey Side"

SISSIIIEEESSS[/b]

Fuck that noise--I'm a big-time X-Clan. And I think they haven't gotten near the props they deserve.

Just for the hell of it:

X-Clan - Raise the Flag 256kbps
    brother j does not get his due props..grand verbilizer is so dope...sugar shaft was no slouch on the wheels either!

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts

SISSIIIEEESSS[/b]

Yeah, you are not alone digging X-Clan, SOI. Regardless of what people might think of them, they were musically. Brother J had the illest voice and cadence. Sugar Shaft was doing it on the wheels. Beats were dope. Goddamn, we used to play the shit out of that 1st album.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

Daughters of Albion on Fontana

what did you think of this album? You need to give it a Waxidermy review, cause I'm calling hatter on it

I was kind of hoping it would be more folk/psych and a little less poppy. It's alright but not quite worthy of reviewing really.

• Options
    Got a pile of gheri curl soul LP's and 12's from a thrift shop yesterday - someone dropped of their collection:

Not in the pictures (yet)

Blair - Nightlife LP
    Karen Jones (Handshake)
    and about 60 other LP's and 12's. Went there at closing last night and the manager told me to come back this morning.

Sought-after northern soul tune

The beauty about 12 inch collections in Canada (and maybe this is just a Toronto phenomena) is that you alwyas find a reggae/soul cover 12 (most on EAD, but I have found Risco's "I'm caught UP") like above. Never knew this existed. B side is s Liberty Silve boogie killer!

Love the title track. Don't see this LP north of the border very much

Recorded here in Toronto. Nice disco Lp with a dope mid tempo beat track.

More boogie.

Classic.

Very good indy folk LP from Missoula, Mt signed on the back.

K in Canada.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts

what did you think of this album?

I bump into this on the regular. It's not a particularly exciting album.

Indiana45s -> Some nice ones in that Polski batch.

I've been staying away from records for a while due to lack of funds, but hustling a wee bit brought me some goodies this week:

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

That Paul Mitchell is a tepid jazz trio terd which is surprisingly common for a private ish...

• roistoroisto 879 Posts

Polish Jazz Quartet, Namyslowski Quartet, Novi Singers "Bossa Nova", Astigmatic and Kurylewic "10+6" are the best of the bunch IMO.

Katowice Big Band, Sadowski "5000 Thousand Points, Karolak "Easy", Makowic "Unit" and Bemibem are cool as well.

Nice finds!

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
    some music journalist died recently and the widow sold the majority of the dude's collection to Atomic records. 20 or so boxes of promo stuff from the late 60's to present. Most of the good stuff was priced way past eye rolling, but those Atomic guys always hate on their blues section and non classic rock.
    Image hosting by Photobucket

• davesrecordsdavesrecords 1,802 Posts
    damn what is happening here in this thread. spring cleaning must be majorly in effect.

• progbeatzprogbeatz 451 Posts
    Wall worthy.

• Options
    Couple goodies during my walk this morning

Deadly Trinity set over boom Linval Thompson rhythms/vocals. 3rd song on each side is murder.

Never seen this before. It's really good.

I now have a couple copies - get at me if you're into 1970ish indie soul/funk a la Motley/Herbert/Carrington.

K in Canada.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts

Peregrinations - love that album. The Archie Shepp looks good too, haven't heard it though. Bobby Timmons is dope too. Good finds.

• BlastkidBlastkid 240 Posts

Polish Jazz related, I bought this one this week:

A collaboration on the Poljazz label between Jan P. Wroblewski and the Belgian BRT Jazz Orchestra. Personnel = ao. Sadi, Etienne Verschueren, Janot Morales, Bruno Castelucci...

Great stuff

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts

what did you think of this album?

I bump into this on the regular. It's not a particularly exciting album.

Indiana45s -> Some nice ones in that Polski batch.

I've been staying away from records for a while due to lack of funds, but hustling a wee bit brought me some goodies this week:

CHEF, hvad er nu det for en gangster l??rling du har f??et fat p?? der?

det kunne godt ligne et par pac plader en lille smule (willie dynamite, counts...)?

So, if they are slackers on rock prices, what did they ask for the Big Star LP's?

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts

So, if they are slackers on rock prices, what did they ask for the Big Star LP's?

by no means super cheap, but relative to what I've seen them go for elsewhere/what Atomic normally prices in demand records for, I think they were a bargan. Mind you they are promo, og ardent, and super clean.....

#1 record -- 15
    radio city --10

That's a steal, dude. Nice one.
    I paid $20 for Radio City and was happy about it.

• Found this at one of my stops on the way home from work today.....any info out there??

peace*

yO! Rich i need to get at you.....let's connect.

peace*

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts