Music that makes you cry

tuneuptuneup 586 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
so on the movie that makes you cry tip....have any of you ever laid a tear or 17 to the sound of music??I admit getting pretty choked up and shedding a few to a Kurt Elling track a while ago.........

Comments

• Said it before and I'll say it again...

Dave Van Ronk - Tell Old Bill
    Sam Cooke - A Change Is Gonna Come

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts
    Was thinking of this too... My example from more of a similar context as the movie post. Like when Malcolm X is walking to the auditorium at the end of the movie and that ballad is playing - the song is what gets me... Cot damn...

• jbarkerjbarker 71 Posts
    I know it's not music, but I read an interview with Jane Birkin while she was touring and she said that her nephew died when he was 17, so she reads a piece of his poetry at every concert, so he can be alive again for a minute or two.
    That got me all choked up, the idea that someone can be alive again when their art is played/spoken.

• tuneuptuneup 586 Posts
    I know it's not music, but I read an interview with Jane Birkin while she was touring and she said that her nephew died when he was 17, so she reads a piece of his poetry at every concert, so he can be alive again for a minute or two.
    That got me all choked up, the idea that someone can be alive again when their art is played/spoken.

man...are you trying to choke me up now....

that is something beautiful....

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    I get a little verklempt listening to "Spare Me a Little of Your Love" by Fleetwood Mac.

• "Naive Melody (This Must Be The Place)" by the Talking Heads makes me cry often.

Peace...
    FNM

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    A few months ago someone on here mentioned that Minnie Ripperton recorded "Memoty Lane" after she found out about her terminal cancer.

Now everytime I hear that song I feel a little something

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    "Naive Melody (This Must Be The Place)" by the Talking Heads makes me cry often.

Peace...
    FNM

cosign

my bestest friend played this at his wedding - walking down the aisle

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    Don't hat on me but PF "wish you were here" gets my eyes runnin'...was the favourite band of my brother (RIP)....

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

I always choke up a little at ARM TO THE LEG LEG ARM TO THE HEAD YO[/b]

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    And that trial... It's so unfair!

• manchildmanchild 56 Posts
    dollar brand - pilgrim
    but has a personal aspect too a course

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    mouth full of cavities - blind melon....reminds me of a friend of mine who passed away