MOST HORRIBLE SONG OF THE MOMENT?

Comments

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    Ya, ya grill ya, ya, ya grill

this was going to get my vote as well. i could have liked it, but the girls' parts bug the shit out of me.

i get it, but can't say i can stand it - chicks calling dudes (who are not their father) daddy. ew.

Worst hook since "slow motion fuh me. slow motion fuh me. slow motion fuh me."

What is wrong with you?

Nothing.

I said worst hook*, not song. I like the song.

*Or chorus or whatever you want to call it.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    The new Busta Joint, up there with D4L...

"Touch It" or something newer than that?

The original version is not bad, but the "all-star" remix is one of the worst things out right now. Painful.

Whatever version is on the video is terrible. Am I mistaken or did Daft Punk do something simialar to that hook, or is it a Daft Punk sample?? or someone else. Does'nt really matter. It's still bad...

daft punk sample by swizz beatz...
    bustas new shit aint really that great...

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    The new Busta Joint, up there with D4L...

The original version is not bad, but the "all-star" remix is one of the worst things out right now. Painful.

Whatever version is on the video is terrible. Am I mistaken or did Daft Punk do something simialar to that hook, or is it a Daft Punk sample?? or someone else. Does'nt really matter. It's still bad...

Daft Punk - Technologic

The original of Touch It is dope, the REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEMIX is god awful though. Mary J, we love you as a singer, but plaese oh plaese, leve the rapping to Lloyd Banks Busta...

• The new Busta Joint, up there with D4L...

daft punk sample by swizz beatz...
    bustas new shit aint really that great...

Leave it to Swizz Beats.....

Wasn't there a rumor going around for a while that Busta was working with Madlib??

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    The rap songs that get hammered right now are so bad I'm starting to like the R&B songs (though you aren't going to catch me picking up a Chris Brown, Ne-Yo or T-Pain CD)

• for the record, i like slow motion and for a month or two there were times i could enjoy grillz.
    both the songs though were made as pop-rap hits. so was "ice baby" and 90% of JD's producing catalogue. there's a lot more factors that go into making these songs "horrible" (in some folks minds) than the actual quality of the song

these are the words of a man who knows what the fuck he's talking about when it comes to hip-hop.

How come no one mentioned 50's "best friend"?

That shit is ass on wheels. Putrid bubblegum Ja-Rule formatted doodoo...

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    for the record, i like slow motion and for a month or two there were times i could enjoy grillz.
    both the songs though were made as pop-rap hits. so was "ice baby" and 90% of JD's producing catalogue. there's a lot more factors that go into making these songs "horrible" (in some folks minds) than the actual quality of the song

these are the words of a man who knows what the fuck he's talking about when it comes to hip-hop.

Not if he was capable of enjoying "Grillz" for a month, much less two...

Didn't you see the movie?

He wrote that when he was eight!

• for the record, i like slow motion and for a month or two there were times i could enjoy grillz.

How can anyone deny lines like "you see my grandmama hate it, but my lil mama love it"???

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    or "I got a bill in my mouth like I'm hillary rodham"

Not only is he boasting about sucking dick, but also doing so by using a Hillary ref. OK. Yeah, I'm sure she's always going down on that shit.

And "a bill" = $100. Them's some bamma ass grillz.

you're joking right? I KNEW there was a good reason to skip that flick.

you're joking right? I KNEW there was a good reason to skip that flick.

Unfortunately, no...

An hour and a half of my life that is now forever lost to me.

Besides paul wall, what white dudes rock grills/z?

Just sayin...

sayin.

oh yeah. haha

for the record, i like slow motion and for a month or two there were times i could enjoy grillz.

Is this the song with ja-rule or nelly and pow wow where they rap about their teeth?

Man, I told everybody that shit was stupid 2 months ago and I was called a hatter!

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    MJ, i kinda agree with you. some of the 'horrible' songs mentioned above - "grillz" "slow motion" etc - were made to be catchy as hell.

I ask again: what is wrong with you dudes?

"Slow Motion" is not at all in the same class as "Grillz"

Which ones good and which ones bad?

Rodeo is pretty shitty. Juve kinda messed up there. Cool and dre = overhyped like a motherfucker.

"Slow Motion" is good, you terd.

"Rodeo" is horrible, though, as all further attempts Juve will inevitably make to duplicate the success of "Slow Motion" will be.

how come i gotta be a terd? What is that anyway?

MJ, i kinda agree with you. some of the 'horrible' songs mentioned above - "grillz" "slow motion" etc - were made to be catchy as hell.

I ask again: what is wrong with you dudes?

"Slow Motion" is not at all in the same class as "Grillz"

Which ones good and which ones bad?

Rodeo is pretty shitty. Juve kinda messed up there. Cool and dre = overhyped like a motherfucker.

"Slow Motion" is good, you terd.

"Rodeo" is horrible, though, as all further attempts Juve will inevitably make to duplicate the success of "Slow Motion" will be.

how come i gotta be a terd?

Because you disagreed with me... or failed to be in complete agreement with me.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    Young Jeezy's - "My Hood"

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    Young Jeezy's - "My Hood"

ban.

that whole album is a classic.
    touch it is dope, as well.

the LL is wack, but i will probably play it out to a good reception.

• can someone please post some "good songs of the moment" that have across the board appeal? i dj to a VERY mainstream crowd and my serato folder of new music is looking pretty slim right now. here's what i got that generally gets a decent response:

cee-lo - happy hour (remix with snoop)

robin thicke and pharrell- i wanna love you

sean paul - temperature

ying yang- shake

busta - touch it

remy - conceited

ll & j-lo - control myself

50 and mobb deep - have a party

daddy yankee& g-unit - rompe remix

don omar& fabolous - dale don dale remix

kanye west - touch the sky

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

i have admitted to liking this. is it good? i dunno - but i like it.

across the board appeal

no such thing.

• montymonty 420 Posts
    across the board appeal

no such thing.
    truer words were never typed.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    across the board appeal

no such thing.
    TI - what you know

• can someone please post some "good songs of the moment" that have across the board appeal? i dj to a VERY mainstream crowd and my serato folder of new music is looking pretty slim right now. here's what i got that generally gets a decent response:

cee-lo - happy hour (remix with snoop)

robin thicke and pharrell- i wanna love you

sean paul - temperature

ying yang- shake

busta - touch it

remy - conceited

ll & j-lo - control myself

daddy yankee& g-unit - rompe remix

don omar& fabolous - dale don dale remix

kanye west - touch the sky

Three 6 Mafia-Poppin' My Collar. Loving that right now..

• Have a party= Feelin' it
    Best Friend= I guess it's a guilty pleasure but G-Unit kills it with the smooth tracks ("Karma", "Curious", "Best Friend", 21 Questions). HATT ME NOW
    Touch It= Neccesarry club record, kinda cool concept but the remix with Lloyd Banks trying to get "hype" on the mic was bad. He should just stick to his mumbling
    I wasn't really a big Jueve fanm but ever since Jueve the great I actually look forward to dude dropping material. Rodeo=Fire, That joint with Luda= out of control, and that joint where he raps "posse on broadway" is real fly as well.

L.L. is beyond terrible, I think it's the J.LO factor that makes a kinda bad song to some terrible as shitt.

• hey, what is "grillz"? who performs this joint?

sincerely yours,

Disconnected From the Streets

sincerely yours,

Your boy, Nelly with Paaa Waaa and Big G.I.P.

I like to call girls lil' mama as well and I've also been known to recently yell "SHAAAAWWWWWTTTTTYYYYYYY" out the driver side of moving Ford Focus as well.

sincerely yours,

Your boy, Nelly with Paaa Waaa and Big G.I.P.

I like to call girls lil' mama as well and I've also been known to recently yell "SHAAAAWWWWWTTTTTYYYYYYY" out the driver side of moving Ford Focus as well.

thank you. i feel more connected already.

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts

Woah. Tell me you're sitting on 15s too...