Weekend finds posts - HOT or NOT?

2»

Comments

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    I like K's finds. I'm always curious if he can find a 45 with LESS information than in the batch previous. I think once he had a red one with just "JAMAICA" written in pen.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Read other threads. Let people do their thing. HOT.

• I like the show off your raer/not so raer threads whether or not they've been freshly dug and flicked. I say

• By the way, look what I dug up at the local thrift!

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Even if for the simple fact that it may be the ONLY record-related post on the front page in a given day I say its an institution and an important aspect of the site. I don't always look at but its pretty neccessary as far as I'm concerned.

It is a bitch that its just spoon-feeding lurkers but thats inevitable...

• Options
    I like K's finds. I'm always curious if he can find a 45 with LESS information than in the batch previous. I think once he had a red one with just "JAMAICA" written in pen.

My secret is out.

K.

P.S. If you knopw my boys Miles, Rhek, MAtt or Moves out there be sure to say hi for me.

• What sort of twisted individual needs to validate every single record by posting a pic on SS?

Exactly my point.

that said, there are some people who post every so often that I enjoy seeing - Karlaphone for example. Or, I mean, if I find something super great every now and again for $1 it's fun to share. But seriously, it's gotten uber lame.

Karlaphone for example

Karlaphone for example

Karlaphone for example

Karlaphone for example

Karlaphone for example

Karlaphone for example

Karlaphone for example

??????????????? ??????????????

• I guess you missed the

I wish.

• ?

I think K got so jealous, he immediately went into

mode.

• Options
    I think I know whose records those are. Yes, I did miss the joke - maybe I'm getting old.

Not too many of those plates around.

K.

P.S. I'm more likely to be happy for you had you found that - my logical side refuses to let me be jealous.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I think I know whose records those are. Yes, I did miss the joke - maybe I'm getting old.

K.

P.S. I'm more likely to be happy for you had you found that - my logical side refuses to let me be jealous.

Somebody who lives VERY near me that doesn't usually sell records had a pile of OG dubplates (from the big names like Tubby) on ebay a few months ago, made at least $500 off them... needless to say I was NOT happy for them...

• I find it absolutely appalling that people like to talk about records on this site, period. WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!

• Finds posts are ok... they can be entertaining... sometimes I'm like "why?" or "who cares?" because it's like sun goddess or even just a JBs record... but still if people like them. tha's cool

I stopped posting finds because a) people lurk on this site and when you're all "LOOK AT THIS $100 RECORD I JUST SCORED FOR $1!!!" that dude is watching and just gripped the rest of his stack like "NEVER AGAIN!" and b) because it's just kind of punitive (yes this also applies to Kevin and Ari!!!). I mean, I could post what I found on my roadtrip because it's awesome but part of me feels like it's lame to do that

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    After reading this and the Spike Lee thread I've decided to stop posting in the Record Finds or any political or racially related posts.

This means you can look forward to the following threads from me in the near future..

Best White NBA Player Of All-Time

Best White Rapper Of All-Time

Best White Record Store Owner Of All-Time

Best White Person Who Is Able To Totally Relate To The "Black Experience" And Post About It On SS Without Being Ridiculed By Other White People Of All-Time.

As a matter of fact.....I'm gonna stop looking for records altogether!!!

"SS Changed My Life"

Finds posts are ok... they can be entertaining... sometimes I'm like "why?" or "who cares?" because it's like sun goddess or even just a JBs record... but still if people like them. tha's cool

I stopped posting finds because a) people lurk on this site and when you're all "LOOK AT THIS $100 RECORD I JUST SCORED FOR $1!!!" that dude is watching and just gripped the rest of his stack like "NEVER AGAIN!" and b) because it's just kind of punitive (yes this also applies to Kevin and Ari!!!). I mean, I could post what I found on my roadtrip because it's awesome but part of me feels like it's lame to do that

JP,
    On a more serious note, digging for records is like Fishing....and most people take pictures of the fish they catch.....go into any Bait Shop on Long Island and I promise there will be a wall of photos with people's "catches".

There are even magazines that do nothing but publish photos of what Fisherman catch.

To me, Record Finds is the same thing.....and it also gives me hope that there are still big fish out there to be caught.

Now for those folks who post "bogus" finds...there's an old joke that can be applied..

How can you tell when a Record Digger is lying??

His lips are moving.

I think Record Finds are HOT......just like The Long Island Fisherman!!!

• Finds posts are ok... they can be entertaining... sometimes I'm like "why?" or "who cares?" because it's like sun goddess or even just a JBs record... but still if people like them. tha's cool

JP,
    On a more serious note, digging for records is like Fishing....and most people take pictures of the fish they catch.....go into any Bait Shop on Long Island and I promise there will be a wall of photos with people's "catches".

There are even magazines that do nothing but publish photos of what Fisherman catch.

To me, Record Finds is the same thing.....and it also gives me hope that there are still big fish out there to be caught.

Now for those folks who post "bogus" finds...there's an old joke that can be applied..

How can you tell when a Record Digger is lying??

His lips are moving.

I think Record Finds are HOT......just like The Long Island Fisherman!!!

This is true... I will have to try to take some pics when the shop clears up.

2 x Puddin' 12"
    8 x Above The Law "Black Mafia Life" LP & "Vocally Pimpin'" EP
    Mulatu Afro-Latin Soul
    Bambaata Death Mix
    Sound Of Insects

total: 3+ boxes. I had a good weekend.

The more I think about this(I'm 2 hours into a Nyquil overdose) the more I realize that "Record Finds" is what "Crate Digging" is all about.....I've NEVER been to a Record Show where people didn't "floss" their finds or I didn't hear "Hey, what did you find today".....In those scenarios the REAL dicks are the ones who refuse to show you!!!

Rich

• I'm 2 hours into a Nyquil overdose

TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE TEXAS RAP THREAD!!!

j/k, you're right, at shows and the motel parties that surround them the real herbs are the dudes that won't show you the label or sleeve....

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    I'll have to go with hot. I don't have the energy to take pics of all my finds but I appreciate the people who do. It's definately hotter than the political posts!

• I think I know whose records those are. Yes, I did miss the joke - maybe I'm getting old.

K.

I know who's they are. Never met him, but I used to frequent the bloodandfire site for about 3 years and he would post quite a lot. Sick collectros. Sick.

• chasechase 767 Posts
    I never post my finds... that being said, look at the day I had at the orlando show..

not everything, only the fun ones..

one in the middle was only $2

even as a 90% the time lurker, I rarely read the finds posts