Is Spike Lee Out Of Touch...

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

but there's a difference between speaking about people and speaking for them.

how about we drop all this black and white shit and talk about the "human experience", since music is a universal language.

Is Balz Out Of Touch?

Is Balz Touching My Ballz?

Is Spike Lee chinese?

Is Canada hogging all the A's?

Is "Screeched" the longest one syllable word evar?

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

but there's a difference between speaking about people and speaking for them.

To the dude who would ignore Ed Powers - why would you do that? Because you don't feel what he's saying? You don't think his views are valid? Let the man speak & listen to what he has to say. Maybe you & I & others can benifit from the knowledge of a guy who lives shit that we haven't experienced first hand.

Is Balz Out Of Touch?

Is Balz Touching My Ballz?

Is Spike Lee chinese?

Is Canada hogging all the A's?

Is "Screeched" the longest one syllable word evar?

do you have a job? a girlfriend? a life?

To the dude who would ignore Ed Powers - why would you do that? Because you don't feel what he's saying? You don't think his views are valid? Let the man speak & listen to what he has to say. Maybe you & I & others can benifit from the knowledge of a guy who lives shit that we haven't experienced first hand.

some dudes talk way too much while saying very little, and their views aren't very valid to me (doesn't mean they can't be valid to someone else).
    these people i shall ignore.
    everyone has the right to ignore.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

some dudes talk way too much while saying very little, and their views aren't very valid to me (doesn't mean they can't be valid to someone else).

then it would follow that everyone has the right to be ignorant. this is a good thing?

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

Look, we're both Canadian (I think). Neither of us is going to know what it means to be a Black man in America. This isn't to say that Ed Powers is some kind of Uber Genius who's going to say shit that will blow your mind, but he has a perspective that neither of us are privy to. I agree that we all have the right to ignore, but I don't think it prudent. How can you ignore the voice of a guy who lives the things that we only speculate on? Forget being disconnected from the streets, that kind of thinking can lead a person to be disconnected from life.

• Too many panties.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Too many panties.

Panties fire sounds like an idea we should develop and run with a little more.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

some dudes talk way too much while saying very little.

thanks for your honest opinion ....
    sorry i offered my opinion in a thread that hit home....

like i said ....i'll just sit back and enjoy YOU discussing the black community...

but you didn't have to announce it

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    blaz, can it. You're just trying to look real dumb right about now.

i cannot speak for the black communities

That should have been your last post in this thread.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Too many panties.

Panties fire sounds like an idea we should develop and run with a little more.

I found this when I googled "Panties Fire":

Dear Sister Rossetta,
    Because of the type of work I do, I often find myself alone in the homes of some very wealthy, fashionable people. The lady of the house usually has a fine collection of satin panties and lingerie in her bedroom. I've begun stealing panties from these women. Am I beyond redemption?

turbospirit

Dear turbospirit,
    Satan has lured those ladies into buying seductive lingerie, and they in turn have corrupted your innocence by leaving it in plain sight in their dresser drawers. They should be arrested! In these cases of panty stealing obsession, it is usually the panty owners at fault.

The Bible Clearly States that satin panties are forbidden undergarments, yet the fact that these women openly defy God's word is no excuse for your behavior. You must be strong against temptation, and trust in Jesus Christ.

First, Sister Rossetta must ask, are these used, and do you sniff the panties? Your depraved situtation becomes more grave should you answer yes to either question. The texture and scent of a woman's used satin panty must have been devised by Satan himself to drive human beings to the brink. It is your choice whether to jump into the fiery chasm, or turn back to serve the Lord.

You still have some conscience left. Get those evil panties away from you, before they do more damage. They must be burned in a rooftop bonfire as an offering to God, a sign that you will sacrifice this immoral lustful habit.

The roof, the roof, the roof is on fire,
    Sister Rossetta
    P.S. If local fire ordinances prevent you from burning the panties as described, you may mail them to Sister Rossetta at Sister Rossetta Enterprises. Please include a descriptive note about each panty and it's owner.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    a guy who lives the things that we only speculate on

i dont live anything but a normal live....

i'm not poor....and i don't claim to be the black voice of strut.....

but another thread concerning black issues full of white views ......notice how many blacks even bothered to fuck with this thread....it says alot

but i'll shut up now

but another thread concerning black issues full of white views ......notice how many blacks even bothered to fuck with this thread....it says alot

but i'll shut up now

so because i'm white i should not be concerned with anything other than white issues?

• dayday 9,611 Posts

but i'll shut up now

so because i'm white i should not be concerned with anything other than white issues?

No disrespect, but just stop dude. The whole point Ed is trying to make is that Black issues being pontificated by Whites on the board is a regular thing and it's laughable at best. Herm pretty much summed it up above.
    Not that that's gonna stop anyone, or anything.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

but i'll shut up now

If you don't want to hear what a Black man has to say about the Black community, then you may as well only be concerned with White issues.

You're just trying to look real dumb right about now.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts

This is so funny coming from you .

because i am dumb?

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

huh? This thread is so wtf.

If you don't want to hear what a Black man has to say about the Black community, then you may as well only be concerned with White issues.

i guess i'm just a dumb racist fuck, spike lee is irrelevant, $$$ will bring freedom to everyone, and choosing to ignore one guy means you are ignoring an entire race and are ignorant.... ok.

thank you guys for helping me see the light.

because i am dumb?

or because i am speaking for blaz by implying that he is being purposely obtuse?

• so because i'm white i should not be concerned with anything other than white issues?

because i am dumb?

or because i am speaking for blaz by implying that he is being purposely obtuse?
    you aren't Black.

Weren't you the person who was trying to tell me what was a more realistic portrayal of Jamaican life,in the Harder they come vs Rockers thread,when youre in Canada and i'm in Jamaica.There's no need to gang up on the dude,it's happens too much here on soul strut as it is already.

because i am dumb?

you aren't Black.

this is true.

i have officially lost track of what i'm being accused of...

Weren't you the person who was trying to tell me what was a more realistic portrayal of Jamaican life,in the Harder they come vs Rockers thread,when youre in Canada and i'm in Jamaica.There's no need to gang up on the dude,it's happens too much here on soul strut as it is already.

It gets no clearer than this.

just saw it now.

i wasn't telling you - i was asking you. our disagreement/discussion was about the narrative and film-making style and the portryal of life in Jamaica.
    please revisit the thread

just saw it now.

i wasn't telling you - i was asking you. our disagreement was about the narrative and film-making style and the portryal of life in Jamaica.
    please revisit the thread

My misunderstanding, sorry about that.

• I really don't understand why "blaz" is attacked by all other people why he is disagreeing with Edpowers......of course maybe the guy could use more sensitiviness and not using the word "ignore", but I don't see the point in this corporated racial politically correctness

of course I respect the fact he probably knows more & better than me but at certain level I still can be allowed of disagreeing with someone abt some issues......even if he is black at I still can debate with him on racial issues not having all other white people telling me "shut the fuck up because he is black so he knows what he is saying"

your whole attitude just enhance the racial barrier on the board

just my 2 cents