Celebrity sightings:

13»

Comments

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    christina ricci is very short. shorter than me! hah!

• boast1boast1 142 Posts
    about 10 years ago i was dating this girl who one night asked if i wanted to go eat dinner over her friends house with her. her friend ended up being the granddaughter of johnny cash and i ended up sitting across the table from him.

in memphis back in like 98 i was at one of those mtv sports and music festivals. me and some friends were on our way back to our hotel when we noticed this crowd up ahead..getting closer we saw it was method man and everyone was trying to get his autograph even the cars were stopping getting him to come over to sign. the cops showed up telling him he was obstructing traffic..im not sure what exactly was said but the police ended up pepper spraying him and arresting him. it all happened pretty fast and needless to say the crowd was pissed. about a year or two later belly came out and he mentions the incident in one of his scenes.

ran into pbw at some record store in nashville. played pool in LA on a table next to mccauley calkin and seth green. had a drink at a bar next to ellie may from the beverly hillbillies. saw jim varney while at the grocery. met issac hayes' drummer while digging for records at a salvation army & pissed next to ron artest.

• NBA players: John Starks,Charles Oakley, Dikembe Mutumbo
    Pro Wrestlers: Barry Windham and Dustin Rhodes(son of Dusty)
    Rappers: MOP

As for my girlfriend...Wyclef. She also hung out with Treach and Vinnie of Naughty By Nature poolside in Cancun,having drinks and partying with them or whatever. She also tried to meet Steve Harvey during the same week, but he wasnt having it..total asshole. Oh..and Alan Houston too

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    She also tried to meet StevePaul[/b] Harvey during the same week, but he wasnt having it..total asshole.

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts

Man no matter what they tell you the show is never sold out!

Last summer, I took my pops to a Les McCann Show. I was tryin to catch the first act before I had to go to work. I didnt anticipate it selling out..but it did so I had to do some fancy foot work to get me and my dad in, which basically just involved a lot of begging and showing them the record I needed him to sign. They let us in if we agreed to stand at the back of the venue by the bar. I brought a copy of Layers, but I wasnt the only one to think of that so I thought my chances were slim being in the very back of the venue and all...How would I get close enough? I was about to give up when he immediatly went backstage after the show, he is old as hell and had a hard time getting on and off the stage. However, At the end of the show the drummer came back to the bar to get a drink. I asked him if he could help me get it signed. He went and got his wife who then took me backstage and introduced me to Les. He was so sweet, we had a nice short chat and he kissed my hand...dirty old man ha ha..It was very cool though and one more reason why I wont take no for an answer. Even though he may not be classifiable as a celebrity, it was a huge highlight for a music lover/fan such as myself.

Other Celebrity encounters and sightings:

I was on the same plane as Keith Richards on a plane to St. John when I moved to the V.I. in 99'

Saw Alicia Keys AND Tom Jones within seconds at the Bellagio in Vegas last year.

Lots of muscians and artists: Desmond Dekker, Toots, ODB and Rza, Tash

Peter Max, I had him sign a box of Dots that was cool.

It always seems to be at work though, no matter what the job is.

Shock G, Prince, John Corbett (the DJ guy from Northern Exposure) and Jared the Subway Sandwhich Guy have all partied in the bar I work in. Unfortunatly I didnt get to meet Prince.....Fortunatly I didnt get to meet that Jared guy either.

I was djing for a wrap party and Ill never forget John Corbett singing along with Del's 'Mistadobalina' and he kept screaming " BOO YAH!!" that was funny as hell.

Saw Ashley Judd at work. and Josh Davis, also at work.
    Too many to mention.....Growin up in So. Cal it was like a spectators sport to the highest degree.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    does Kanye West count as a celebrity?

I know he's not Josh or anything, but still...

• lucerolucero 425 Posts
    I had a quick chat with Mile's from Breakestra this morning actually (ie. 12.30 am) - he was wearing a Mohawks 'champ' T shirt & Breakestra had performed it as a cover here last sunday. I mentioned that it was bit of a trip seeing so many people gettin down to some Alan Hawkshaw, & he replied along the lines of only chin stokers would have picked up on/thought of that

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts

One persons trash is another persons treasure.

• lucerolucero 425 Posts

One persons trash is another persons treasure.

those aren't stautues either

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

I know he's not Josh or anything, but still...

Episode 1: "The Encounter"

In a record store just outside of detroit the day before the Super Bowl:

(on phone)

Me: "Hello"
    S.Hawk: "Hi"
    Me: "What are you doing?"
    S.Hawk: "I'm outside looking in"
    Me: "I'm inside looking at 45's"
    S.Hawk:"I know"
    Me: "okay"
    S.Hawk: "Kanye West just walked in the door"
    Me: "What? How do you know?"
    S.Hawk: "Because he just walked by me and into the store."
    Me: "Are you serious?"
    S.Hawk: "Yes. He's behind you right now."
    Me: (turning around)..."holy shit"
    S.Hawk: "Do you see him?"
    Me: "I'll talk to you later."

Next week's episode: "Me and Kanye, Best Friends"

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    EPISODE TWO:

B. Self: "Hey Kanye, Hey Kanye"
    K. West: "what can I do for you kid?"
    B. Self: "you know that cold grits 45 you sampled off a comp? I have the original of that, if you ever need any rare breaks hollar at a player, I got that detroit sex machines, what you know about this... etc etc{ edited in the interest of brevity...}

---

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    EPISODE TWO:

B. Self: "Hey Kanye, Hey Kanye"
    K. West: "what can I do for you kid?"
    B. Self: "you know that cold grits 45 you sampled off a comp? I have the original of that, if you ever need any rare breaks hollar at a player, I got that detroit sex machines, what you know about this... etc etc{ edited in the interest of brevity...}

---

i thought you were outside

• tuneuptuneup 586 Posts
    When i was a kid I got the chance to watch a taping of a Muppets special. Met all the muppeteers (Frank Oz, Richard Hunt..etc.) and Jim Henson was especially cool. I sat as his drawing desk with him, as he took out a glossy photo of him with all the muppets that he operated which were all sitting around him in the shot. He proceeded to ask me what I liked about the show, and while I answered he signed a unique signature for all of the Muppets in the pic, and one for himself. There must be 20 signatures on that pic. I remember him being so tired from a long days shoot, but he really wanted to make a kid happy by signing the pic (which i didn't even ask for..he offered). Even at the time (10 years old) i knew that this was exceptional. I am so grateful to him for that.

Cheers Jim......

• I once saw Prince (dude is like 5 foot and was wearing pounds of makeup) in the Village in NYC at this record store.

He was just standing there with his wife as his handler/bodyguard dropped about 3K buying up all of his bootleg recordings they were selling at the store.

It was surreal to say the least.

Also saw Bill Murray walking down Park Ave. with an enormous top hat.

digging strictly for your own records =

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    When i was a kid I got the chance to watch a taping of a Muppets special. Met all the muppeteers (Frank Oz, Richard Hunt..etc.) and Jim Henson was especially cool. I sat as his drawing desk with him, as he took out a glossy photo of him with all the muppets that he operated which were all sitting around him in the shot. He proceeded to ask me what I liked about the show, and while I answered he signed a unique signature for all of the Muppets in the pic, and one for himself. There must be 20 signatures on that pic. I remember him being so tired from a long days shoot, but he really wanted to make a kid happy by signing the pic (which i didn't even ask for..he offered). Even at the time (10 years old) i knew that this was exceptional. I am so grateful to him for that.

Cheers Jim......

That is exceptional.

For me:

??? Arundhati Roy is twice as gorgeous in person.

??? My father was on a small plane flight with the entire '83 Blackhawks (he'd actually been bumped onto their flight). He pulled out a sheet of notepad paper and they passed it around for me. A great thing for a 5-year old to get, even if hockey was another language to me at the time. I mean, I'd just gotten into the Seahawks and all.

??? My girlfriend (who has the better stories) met Toshiro Mifune whilst growing up in Japan. I saw their family picture with him to prove it. She saw PE at Budokan in the early 90s. And her sister had a speaking role in Lost In Translation.

??? Oh, and I played ping-pong with Sage Francis. Now I can die in peace.

• ryanryan 334 Posts

pops and kenny barron. a total gentleman.

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    i was walking down 55th St in NYC to go to my girls school a few years ago....i see Woody Allen come out of a small corner store and walk towards me...i immediately notice and say "hey Woody Allen" out loud and he insantly goes "ehhhh" and turns around and starts walking the other way

Pharell in Times Square with 3 girls on his arms and a huge bodyguard

Mike Myers at a LES bar

i sat next to Karl Watson (pro skateboarder) on a flight from long Beach to NY...we talked music and riding and i gave him some CDs...he gave me stickers

one of my friends spit at Andy Dick once in the street cuz he said hi to him and Andy told him to fuck off

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    A few years ago a friend of mine was argueing with a girl, or more accurately getting beaten up by the GF he was cheating on, when Henry Rollins walked up the block towards them. Rollins looked at them like he was going to intervene, then realized that she was beating him up and not vice versa and looked my boy in the eye and laughed at him and kept walking up the block. My friend said he didn't even notice what the girl was doing, all he could think of was how weird it was that Henry Rollins was watching him fight with his girl outside some bar on the Lower East Side.

• I once confused Dustin Hoffman for Anthony Hopkins on the street, kept asking him about Silence of the Lambs, but he wasn't having it and told me to fuck off.

Talk about a Corky move. Funny as fuck tho.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    When I was ten I performed on stage with ABBA. I was part of a children's choir that sang two songs with them. Shit was mental. I recently found photo evidence of me singing my guts out while one of the honeys snuggled up close. Of course, I was rocking my imitation Mork from Ork rainbow suspenders at the time. Those were the days. If I can find those photos again, I'll post them.

I went to college with actor Liev Schreiber (Manchurian Candidate remake, currently boning Naomi Watts. My Gawd!!). We used to play basketball in the afternoons. Dood could ball, very strong and quick as hell. Anyway, his team was favored to win the schick super hoops 3 on 3 tourney but me and my boys took them out in the finals. Lee was freaking.

Also went to school with Minnie Driver's sister, Kate, who had the best boobs I have ever seen (at least with her clothes on that is).

Yusef Lateef taught Jazz at my college. Would often see him walking around in his trench coat, looking extremely dignified.

In part II tomorrow, I'll recount my weekend chauffuering Guns and Roses around.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    You go to Amherst?

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Hampshire College, my brother.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Yeah my bad, that's what I meant. I used to talk to a girl who went there and would visit her every once in a while. Dude was her teacher. Tripped me out.

• A few years ago a friend of mine was argueing with a girl, or more accurately getting beaten up by the GF he was cheating on, when Henry Rollins walked up the block towards them. Rollins looked at them like he was going to intervene, then realized that she was beating him up and not vice versa and looked my boy in the eye and laughed at him and kept walking up the block. My friend said he didn't even notice what the girl was doing, all he could think of was how weird it was that Henry Rollins was watching him fight with his girl outside some bar on the Lower East Side.

that rollins story beats mine by a long run... too damn funny.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    A few years ago a friend of mine was argueing with a girl, or more accurately getting beaten up by the GF he was cheating on, when Henry Rollins walked up the block towards them. Rollins looked at them like he was going to intervene, then realized that she was beating him up and not vice versa and looked my boy in the eye and laughed at him and kept walking up the block. My friend said he didn't even notice what the girl was doing, all he could think of was how weird it was that Henry Rollins was watching him fight with his girl outside some bar on the Lower East Side.

that rollins story beats mine by a long run... too damn funny.

That must have been a long time ago. Rollins is sensative now...

• All seen here at Shangri-La Records...

NATHANIEL MAYER (11:15 A.M.)

NATHAN "PEDRO" LEWIS & DAN GREER

CHUCK NORRIS!

• Ok, back in 1992, I saw Burt Reynolds and the guy who played Mayor Kyle Applegate from "out of this world' together just browsing around.

DUDE. that's Doug McClure, the actor that inspired the Troy McClure character on the Simpsons.

i met MC Brains at KMEL Summer Jam 92 0r 93 when there was a massive food fight duduring Naughty By Nature's set.

i played chess with kim gordon at the amoeba breakroom before an instore and then took her daughter Coco to go see Spy Kids 3

I stood next to Harrison Ford during my sister's graduation

Mike2600 called me right after he saw Constantine from Idol in hollywood

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    All seen here at Shangri-La Records...

CHUCK NORRIS!

You are being sarcastic, right?

CHUCK NORRIS Chuck Norris's left over talent!

CHUCK NORRIS!

You are being sarcastic, right?

Of course. That's Van Dam!