Djing in front 50,000 people?!

SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
I'm shook. I took the offer to play the main public concert stage during All Star weekend, but I'm seriously considering backing down. I don't wanna get nerved up and wreck my name. Big dudes, please to offer advice.

Comments

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    Rise to it.
    Sure you'll be nervous, but this is a unique opportunity. Don't regret it 'cos you decided you'd rather be a pussy

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Big dudes, please to offer advice.

Hit them with that Cheeky Blakk...

• I'm shook. I took the offer to play the main public concert stage during All Star weekend, but I'm seriously considering backing down. I don't wanna get nerved up and wreck my name. Big dudes, please to offer advice.

IF YOU SCARED THAN SAY YOU SCARED!

Naw but seriously, rock that. Oppurtunity of a lifetime, mayne. Just make sure to drop some Nga Fish though.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    fuck that, get money muthafuckah.

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    Rep our god damn city.

• Do it (but build overviews first).

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    You sounding like a true "microwave dj" right about now.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Post on Soulstrut while you're playing or you're soft.

• I'm shook. I took the offer to play the main public concert stage during All Star weekend, but I'm seriously considering backing down. I don't wanna get nerved up and wreck my name. Big dudes, please to offer advice.

i've seen you dj numerous times cashless, you aint got no reason to be nervous!
    you're gonna rock that shit homie.

Just make sure to drop some Nga Fish though.

Only for a Black crowd...

50,000?

You'll regret not doing it! Do it! Do it!

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Do it (but build overviews first).

Definitely, I'm about to dedicate my 2nd comp just to building overviews and doing other Serato related ish.

I pretty much gotta do it, I just gotta get some drank in me first.

Post on Soulstrut while you're playing or you're soft.

call me soft serve baby doo doo then.

• Don't forget the tip jar for requests!

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    As a DJ who has played in front of really large crowds (the biggest being over 14,000) you will find that it's easier than you would imagine. When dealing with crowds of that size they'll go nuts by just hitting them with bangers and keeping it fluid and moving. For instance, there's nothing that quite like the feeling of playing a song like Busta Rhymes "Pass The Corvoiser" (which was a hot track at the time) and when he's like "Don't this hit make my people want to JUMP JUMP" and actually having 14,000 jumping in unison. It's some real shit that you'll never forget. Definitely do it, bro. You will regret not.

Like I said... it will be easier than you think.

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    yup. listen to cosmo. real talk. you just gotta keep it simple, don't try anything crazy and make sure you have good monitors (you will). it really isn't stressful. you don't have to make anyone dance.

• you don't have to make anyone dance.

MORE REASONS TO DROP THAT PROJECT BLOWED PIFF!

So this is going to be at the actual All-Star events (dunk, three point, and the actual game). Please to post "all-star weekend playlist".

???????

• On second thought, maybe he shouldn't take this gig. Dude just PMed me to say he was gonna "set schitt off" with Kurtis Blow's "Basketball" and then "do this illy blend into the Wu All-Stars 'Soul in the Hole.'"

I don't know, man.

On second thought, maybe he shouldn't take this gig. Dude just PMed me to say he was gonna "set schitt off" with Kurtis Blow's "Basketball" and then "do this illy blend into the Wu All-Stars 'Soul in the Hole.'"

I don't know, man.

Then into some Cocoa Brovas "Won on Won"... Word!

On second thought, maybe he shouldn't take this gig. Dude just PMed me to say he was gonna "set schitt off" with Kurtis Blow's "Basketball" and then "do this illy blend into the Wu All-Stars 'Soul in the Hole.'"

I don't know, man.

Even a non-DJ like me knows that that's not the move--what he wants to do is mix from Kurtis Blow into the Bow Wow remake...

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

call me soft serve baby doo doo then.

consider yourself quoted junior

I'm not thinking that "Bitch get off me" would work for the corporate and city sponsored steez.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

I'm not thinking that "Bitch get off me" would work for the corporate and city sponsored steez.

going by idealogy this either makes you a sell out or a racist, which one is it?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts

going by idealogy this either makes you a sell out or a racist, which one is it?
    come on man

a fucking bidness man, so lemme han'el my bidness maaaaaan!!!

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

come on man

what I can't have fun with ym #1 fan?

dude can run all over this site calling me a racist in every thread but I can't poke fun back? pssshhh please.

I wish him all the luck he'd wish me if I was in the same situation.

Do your thing man

come on man

dude can run all over this site calling me a racist in every thread but I can't poke fun back? pssshhh please.

I wish him all the luck he'd wish me if I was in the same situation

Please go somewhere else. Please.

come on man

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

come on man

come on man

This is the same dude that says that I'm stalking him!!!