Sometimes I feel like mofos here need to STFU

Comments

• hahahaha. WATCH FOR FAKE RECORD TALK.

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    I mean really I'm not tripping because I get records every day that dudes sweat, as if they are actually hard to find, but it's just kind of weak.

exactly, i would think you'd be the last person to complain about this. SS gabbing is probably one of the biggest factors contributing to you stacking

SS is great for customers... I don't know what you guys all think but i am NOT stacking, this is a fucking grind that most folks are not built for. It is not easy at all and there is not some huge stack of cheddar that I go to bed on every night. I hustle hard as cold shit and on good days i reap the rewards. on bad days it's not fucking sweet.

I don't like the faddish record collecting, bragging and yapping yapping yapping and then the price skyrocketing. It's not good for business.

STOP SNITCHING.

Your beef then lies with the internet itself, no?

The internet is merely a structure. My beef is with some of the fuckers that inhabit it

• Options
    I mean really I'm not tripping because I get records every day that dudes sweat, as if they are actually hard to find, but it's just kind of weak.

exactly, i would think you'd be the last person to complain about this. SS gabbing is probably one of the biggest factors contributing to you stacking

SS is great for customers... I don't know what you guys all think but i am NOT stacking, this is a fucking grind that most folks are not built for. It is not easy at all and there is not some huge stack of cheddar that I go to bed on every night. I hustle hard as cold shit and on good days i reap the rewards. on bad days it's not fucking sweet.

I don't like the faddish record collecting, bragging and yapping yapping yapping and then the price skyrocketing. It's not good for business.

STOP SNITCHING.

Make the heart and wallet one?

K.

• enjoy your own (mind) garden.

• you know, I like showing unknown records to people, talking about them, trading info, it's a great learning process. And it's best done in person.

• I mean really I'm not tripping because I get records every day that dudes sweat, as if they are actually hard to find, but it's just kind of weak.

STOP SNITCHING.

Your beef then lies with the internet itself, no?

The internet is merely a structure. My beef is with some of the fuckers that inhabit it

That's an AMAZING record! Take that price to the

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    you know, I like showing unknown records to people, talking about them, trading info, it's a great learning process. And it's best done in person.

• funny thing is the lovelites record did not inspire this post (although it fits the bill)

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    you know, I like showing unknown records to people, talking about them, trading info, it's a great learning process. And it's best done in person.

• Options

Colin/Zuba (Earth Roots and Water/Summer record drummer) and JErry Brown.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    Not to undersell the power that is the Strut, but how do we know if this shit is real or just part of our private mind garden of self-grandeur?

I'd like to see some quantitative data, bitches!

(Or how about some good anecdotes?)

we've gone through this too many times.

like the time that soulstrut believed that it had "discovered" eddie kendricks - people hold on and made it into a valuable record.

not to diminish the way that information and pre-packaged wall-collection hype is developed through this site and others.

gotta run.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

Super real.

I've leanred far more by going to the Groove Merchant every week or so than being on Soul Strut everyday.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    believed that it had "discovered" eddie kendricks - people hold on and made it into a valuable record.

Or the recent SoulStrut-aided "discovery" of Archie Whitewater...

• dude you mean to tell me that the LOVELITES was like some kind of unknown record before people started talking about it on soulstrut?

you gotta be kidding me!!!!!

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HAH AH AHH AHH AHHA HA HA AH A HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• you know, I like showing unknown records to people, talking about them, trading info, it's a great learning process. And it's best done in person.

Super real.

I've leanred far more by going to the Groove Merchant every week or so than being on Soul Strut everyday.

This is turning into some Socratic shit.

But seriously, I spent the past nine years without soulstrut and I can safely say I've learned a ton in this year. Dealing in person with people, leaching for knowledge and generally poking around to find my own way did lead me to an orginal collection that Im proud of. But, I've been put on to countless great records that everyone should have, that I may have never bumped into in ther real world, through this site. So I dunno. I say drop a few crumbs or give a gentle push online...every now and again.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    I've spent[/b] far more by going to the Groove Merchant every week or so than being on Soul Strut everyday.

DJ Ferrari

• All this talk is very sad... it's kinda lame to try and claim records as your own secret and to bitch about others finding out about it... it's music, it's supposed to be enjoyed by many, not some hush hush secret that you DON'T want people to know about...
    Many people don't have access to clued up record store employees or friends with knowledge on these types of music so the internet is very handy for that, for finding stuff you hadn't heard of that turns out to be great that you aren't able to learn "in person"...

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts

• dude you mean to tell me that the LOVELITES was like some kind of unknown record before people started talking about it on soulstrut?

you gotta be kidding me!!!!!

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HAH AH AHH AHH AHHA HA HA AH A HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Lovelites has always been sought-after, just like Archie Whitewater and Eddie Kendricks. It is far tougher to find than either of those but I digress...

What the internet does is take a given title and whip little dudes up into a frenzy where they pop a hardcore boner and fling some ridiculous sum at a record, thus changing the price dynamic, the demand, the arbitrary wholesale value a dealer might ascribe to it, etc... it's like breeding a herd of mini-marcofunks.

• identify unknown items by what they sound like versus what someone on a message board said was good.

that sucks that a lot of people shop by reccomendation only. i shop by 90% personal discovery, and 10% info from other sources (see a recod i heard of, pick it up), but on that 10%, i still listen to the shit before I buy it. am i supposed ot trust random peoples' tastes? nah. that's pretty chumpish to just buy records because other people want them (unless you're just buying to sell), but it happens. a lot. maybe i don't know all the "raers" in the world because of it, but i don't care. i'm pretty happy with what i find on a regular basis.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i dont read record related posts

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    i don't kknow this site makes me laught some times. .the shit pople post i ntheir weekly finds is pure comedy alot of the time...

9 times out of ten its the same shit OVER AND OVER again...

i know you had beef wit hthe realheadz forum JP but honestly all that forum did was confirm that 95% of raers sound like shittier versions of classic NON RARES... tepid funk turds for days

peeps need to use ears not pics / hype when picking records.. but hey what doi know i've only bought abot 5 records off ebay and they were all things i was just looking for cleaner copies on.

exhibit C:

no offense but that reynaldo scale thing is retarded...

no offense but that reynaldo scale thing is retarded...

Don't hate the Sayer, hate tha_game???.

well what can i say about the herd mentality that hasnt already been discussed

• well what can i say about the herd mentality that hasnt already been discussed

if it wasn't for that herd mentality would any of us be here now?