A Photo Tour of hcrink's House

13»

Comments

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    There are people you can pay to handle these situations;
    not really w/in everyones budget to be honest. I think the trully sad thing is that htis dude lets his mom live this way. It is really his responsability to do something about it especially since he lives there now too. Get her in some counciling, order a roll away and start chuckin'. My grandmom is alittle like this (I think most are) and every now and then when my dad goes home he just throws shit out. One time he backed up a trailer under the upstairs bedroom and just started heaving uselles old textbooks and stuff out the window.

I think this sort of thing is actually really sad. But then, i also recognize that its my own subjective opinion. To me, people that live like this are completely stuck in their own prison. When you concern yourself with worldly things, they will get you! You think its you possessing the objects, when in reality its the objects that possess you!

Some of you guys in here scare me with that "the joy is in knowing you have it" type talk. I guess its just an aspect of most "collectors" mentality that I just cant relate to. I came to this site as a music lover, and I would never aspire to be anything else.

Collecting stuff is only cool when the actual objects bring you joy and satisfaction. When it becomes merely about the act of aquisition, you are travelling down a seriously dangerous road.

We live in a comsumer society, its true, and to a large degree each of us forges our own identity through what we choose to purchase. Whether thats clothes or cars or whatever, it is an important part of your personality. So dont think Im on an anti materialist rant or anything.

Its just that when this act of consuming and collecting becomes the only way for you to ascribe meaning to your life, you have a psychological problem. That hold true if you are a Beverly hills shopping addict, or a FOlsom Ca pack rat.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    not really w/in everyones budget to be honest. I think the trully sad thing is that htis dude lets his mom live this way. It is really his responsability to do something about it especially since he lives there now too. Get her in some counciling, order a roll away and start chuckin'.

The kid is in school, what can he do? He's most likely got no money and you can't do anything to someone else's property - if his mom was nutty enough she could take him to court if he started pitchin her shit out. I'm not saying to just give up but this is one of those situations that you probably can't do much about. Plus, it seems to be mostly harmless - I've never heard of anyone being harmed by an abundance of butt plugs. Well, outside the body.

When you concern yourself with worldly things, they will get you! You think its you possessing the objects, when in reality its the objects that possess you!

Some of you guys in here scare me with that "the joy is in knowing you have it" type talk. I guess its just an aspect of most "collectors" mentality that I just cant relate to.

I must say, life is a lot less stressful when you have nothing to worry about, including possessions. Not that I'm giving my stuff away or anything.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    not really w/in everyones budget to be honest.

Well, "pay" is probably the wrong word--there are people who will accept payment in cash or kind for dealing with these situations. People who will be more than happy to handle it if you say "You can keep whatever money you make, just get this sh!t out of here". I think a number of them post on here, actually.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    not really w/in everyones budget to be honest.

Well, "pay" is probably the wrong word--there are people who will accept payment in cash or kind for dealing with these situations. People who will be more than happy to handle it if you say "You can keep whatever money you make, just get this sh!t out of here". I think a number of them post on here, actually.

1-800-Got-Junk
    you see these signs all over the DC metro area

seriously, I am surprised that several of you young ballers on the 'strut aren't franchise owners in this kind of thing...getting calls all day to come unload people's junk, gotta be some records in this line of business!

• 1-800-Got-Junk
    you see these signs all over the DC metro area

Seriously, I am surprised that several of you young ballers on the 'strut aren't franchise owners in this kind of thing...getting calls all day to come unload people's junk, gotta be some records in this line of business!

Flea markets down here at obviously made 99% out of trash pickins. No prices on anything, just piles of crap on blankets. Used toys? Here's a pile of 1000 of em, partially chewed and missing every other arm. Oh and haggling is a social obligation.

• KrautbreaksKrautbreaks 276 Posts
    I think the trully sad thing is that htis dude lets his mom live this way. It is really his responsability to do something about it especially since he lives there now too.

You don??t seem to find the psychical in here, don??t you ?

• BigNachoBigNacho 47 Posts
    I'm not understanding the venom with which people are reacting to this woman.

How come she's hitting a nerve?

I think the hostility has to do with dudes seeing a little too much of themselves reflected in this woman's life...

We've all seen the posts of "what does your collection look like?" with many people's collection on shelves, stacked on the floor, in crates, in cardboard boxes, stacked on tables, chairs, and on and on. I think the negativity could be aattributed to looking into the future[/b].

serious. these haters don't realize that those are pictures of OUR FUTURE. maybe some of these silver spooners grew up with a maid or something too. i don't know. but i heard that lady used to be a dj.

and don't call yourselves "regular folks" either because the regular folks don't collect dirty old records. the neighbors have been talking about you. they think you're a freak!

serious. these haters don't realize that those are pictures of OUR FUTURE. maybe some of these silver spooners grew up with a maid or something too. i don't know. but i heard that lady used to be a dj.

and don't call yourselves "regular folks" either because the regular folks don't collect dirty old records. the neighbors have been talking about you. they think you're a freak!

Hell yeah. And the thing about the neighbors is true. People on here are in denial.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    You mean you grew up deprived of a maid? Wow.

imagine that!

imagine also that there is a world full of people who do not lust after overpriced designer MANdals.

imagine that!

imagine also that there is a world full of people who do not lust after overpriced designer MANdals.

Or live a carefree, completely subsidized life.

• KARLITOKARLITO 991 Posts
    You don??t seem to find the psychical in here, don??t you ?
    what?

imagine that!

"Your economic inferiority complex is showing." [/b]

• KrautbreaksKrautbreaks 276 Posts
    You don??t seem to find any psychological points in here ...

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

imagine that!

G A M E O V E R.

2). Reynaldo has been kinda killin' lately.

• schnipperschnipper 528 Posts

imagine that!

G A M E O V E R.

Reynaldo, when you get money of your own you are gonna be such a douche, but a totally pleasant douche with a relaxed California attitude and crisp shirts

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

imagine that!

G A M E O V E R.

Reynaldo, when you get money of your own you are gonna be such a douche, but a totally pleasant douche with a relaxed California attitude and crisp shirts

HA HA HA HA HAHA!
    that made my day.

imagine that!

no one here's sweating your wealth, ricky schroder. we're just amused at a jackass who hangs around on a record collector's forum cultivating an image of himself as the pompous idle rich. and if you're gonna try to front with this whole sunshine-and-sandals philosopher thing try to read the authors or at least have someone explain their ideas to you so you can allude to them in the proper context during your posts.

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts

Haha! I'm an alter-ego, dude (people don't seem to grasp this). Now please breakdown how I used Fanon improperly; I'm all about learning.