A Photo Tour of hcrink's House

Comments

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

C'mon, that's all you got out of that sad scene? Your family has no weirdos in it? I don't know wether to congratulate you or feel kinda sorry for you...

no sadly enough i too have been effected by this type of bullshit behavior... my wifes grandmother is currently recreating this scene in her 3 room Scarborough apartment... when my grandmother died it took my mom 2 years to clean everything out of the old house before she could sell it... my dad had to move out of his house as it was too full / decaying to even livei n anymore... it's still just sitting there full of his crap.

maybe that's what got me so riled was knowing full well that if circumstances were differant i too could have gone down that type of path.

but back to my initial psuedo fascist offensive comments... would any of you wannt to be this womans neighbour???

i mean isnt this shit like the most ridiculous fire hazard of all time??? how dangerous would it be for the firemen to try and get in??? how much plastic / wierd shit is in there (the person said themselves they don't even know what's in all the boxes) that fire's gonna make one nice toxic ass cloud.

Yeah...when my uncle passed in the mid-90s, my aunt pretty much evened out back to normal and cleared out years of "valuable" stuff. She actually ended up doing ok by selling a lot of it to local antique/junk shops.

I think the unopened parcels are the most interesting aspect of her psychosis, myself. Probably because I see that tendency in myself to a lesser degree(gotta get it, gotta get it...why? it just sits there unused).

• Options
    HEr house looks fine from the outside. Even the lamp post wouldn't bug me.

K.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    would any of you wannt to be this womans neighbour???

i mean isnt this shit like the most ridiculous fire hazard of all time??? how dangerous would it be for the firemen to try and get in??? how much plastic / wierd shit is in there (the person said themselves they don't even know what's in all the boxes) that fire's gonna make one nice toxic ass cloud.

I wouldn't care really, she seems to keep up the appearance of the visible portion of her house. As far as what's inside, that's her problem about access to it. As far as it creating a toxic fire, housefires already release ridiculous amounts of toxins in the air anyway (think furniture, electronics, etc.) so I can't imagine all that junk would make much difference. Actually, it may actually make a fire less likely since there's less room for oxygen to circulate.

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    did i mention i'd smoked a couple spliffs, had 2 pitchers of beer and sat outdoors in the sun all afternoon before i wrote my first post??

did i mention i'd smoked a couple spliffs, had 2 pitchers of beer and sat outdoors in the sun all afternoon before i wrote my first post??

Why backtrack? Just be a man and say that you advocate the assassination of 98% of all Soulstrutters.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Why backtrack?

Because his previous position was not a good look (which he promptly realized once his disinhibition wore off).

• I would venture a guess that this woman is cool and educated... Eccentric as fuck? Yes... Crazy? No more than the rest of us... Most of us can keep that shit at a manageable level... But c'mon now... if that was all records, you guys would be drooling and wishing it was your house. Have you ever seen a picture of a room stacked full of records, and thought, "What a crazy sad mothertrucker..."? No. One man's junk is another woman's treasure... ence we occasionally cop records on the cheap.

This woman is eccentric, and could no doubt use some therapy to learn how to not be a slave to her posessions... But to denigrate her like that is off track.

Peace...
    FNMimizu

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts

to me the main difference is that the shits on the shelve not blocking the doorway. and that she dosen't even open the boxes that she gets.

• to me the main difference is that the shits on the shelve not blocking the doorway. and that she dosen't even open the boxes that she gets.
    Well, she does collect some pretty boring ass shit. Would you be in a hurry to open a box of 20 yr old Popular Mechanics magagazines?

Really though, it's probably because the collection is just just to fucking big, and she has no room for anything, so might as well leave it int the boxes...

I hear ya though...

Peace...
    FNM

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts
    Notice those rooms chok-full of records? See how there are no things on the floor, no fuzz growing on the walls, no dead babies in the corners, and how all the records are nicely stacked and put in their proper place (probably painstakingly sorted, too)? That??s when things are OK.

If a fire started you could get the fuck out of there QUICK. In that woman??s house you would probably die before you remembered the shortcut underneath the collection of discarded birdseed-bootles.

Valid points, but still...

- J

• KrautbreaksKrautbreaks 276 Posts
    People can live how they choose.

K.

Let people ruin their childrens lives by how they choose to life in madness and desperation!

Go on with your ideas, I am curious !!

Seb

Kinda reminds me of

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I'm not understanding the venom with which people are reacting to this woman.
    How come she's hitting a nerve?

• Kinda reminds me of

AWWwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww CUUUUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuttttttte!

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

I think the hostility has to do with dudes seeing a little too much of themselves reflected in this woman's life...

• KrautbreaksKrautbreaks 276 Posts

Missbasie,

IF I would choose to post pictures of the house where I have lived for 20 years
    my father would kill himself if he would knew about it!

And be sure the photos you have seen here are NOTHING compared to those of my parents rooms!

It??s not a "point your finger and have some fun" toppic,
    this IS fucking serious !!

Seb

Denial.

- J

Damnit!

You people are too quick for me. I am but a grasshopper in the ways of posting.

- J

I think the hostility has to do with dudes seeing a little too much of themselves reflected in this woman's life...

We've all seen the posts of "what does your collection look like?" with many people's collection on shelves, stacked on the floor, in crates, in cardboard boxes, stacked on tables, chairs, and on and on. I think the negativity could be aattributed to looking into the future[/b].

As simple and transparent as all that? OK.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Yawl have hurt Mom's feelings. Hope you are happy!

Why backtrack?
    Because his previous position was
    not a good look (which he promptly realized once his disinhibition wore off).

exactly!

we canadians are hard to pin down on the issues you know.

but yeah i guess shit like this hits a nerve because i've been threw it myself with peeps in my family... i mean my dad bought a beautiful victorian mansion in the late sixties and then proceeded to demolish it bit by bit with his obseessive renovations, and complete lack of organisation.. and guess who's gonna get left that shit in the will to deal with???? yers fuckin truely... whereas if he just manned up about it he could clean the thing up, sell it off and have a nice nest egg.. but his obsessivness over his PRECIOUS possession has destroyed his grasp on the reality of the situation.

obviously im not gonna seriously advocate the "shootings" of such peeps as it would seriously thin out my family .. but at the same time it does really get my goat when you see the amount of self centeredness around this kind of behavior.. i mean the woamn is happy now but when she dies all that crap isnt gonna mean shit except a HUGE fuckin hassle for her next of kin to deal with.

Why backtrack?
    Because his previous position was
    not a good look (which he promptly realized once his disinhibition wore off).

exactly!

we canadians are hard to pin down on the issues you know.

but yeah i guess shit like this hits a nerve because i've been threw it myself with peeps in my family... i mean my dad bought a beautiful victorian mansion in the late sixties and then proceeded to demolish it bit by bit with his obseessive renovations, and complete lack of organisation.. and guess who's gonna get left that shit in the will to deal with???? yers fuckin truely... whereas if he just manned up about it he could clean the thing up, sell it off and have a nice nest egg.. but his obsessivness over his PRECIOUS possession has destroyed his grasp on the reality of the situation.

obviously im not gonna seriously advocate the "shootings" of such peeps as it would seriously thin out my family .. but at the same time it does really get my goat when you see the amount of self centeredness around this kind of behavior.. i mean the woamn is happy now but when she dies all that crap isnt gonna mean shit except a HUGE fuckin hassle for her next of kin to deal with.

So you're angry on behalf of her heirs?

well as a dude who's in a similar situation and has seen my own mom go through a situation having to clean up the mess her mom left behind then yeah i'd say im irritated over scenes like this because of the lack of thought the individual in question has put towards who's gonna clean that shit up after she's gone.

well as a dude who's in a similar situation and has seen my own mom go through a situation having to clean up the mess her mom left behind then yeah i'd say im irritated over scenes like this because of the lack of thought the individual in question has put towards who's gonna clean that shit up after she's gone.

There are people you can pay to handle these situations; that looks like a houseful of crap to most of us, but some of it could be converted into money with some effort.

can we agree, or at least consider, that if someone is hoarding to that extent - there may be other factors at play other than being self-centred?

can we agree, or at least consider, that if someone is hoarding to that extent - there may be other factors at play other than being self-centred?

No, I think it is clear that they are entirely lucid individuals who just want to make the rest of us unhappy.

• can we agree, or at least consider, that if someone is hoarding to that extent - there may be other factors at play other than being self-centred?

Yup. I don't think any of us is qualified to diagnose this poor woman.

But as soon as I saw those glass "butt plugs" I felt like I knew her. They were used as insulated spools for wires on telephone poles in the tens of millions. They are slightly more common than gum wrappers. It's the kind of stuff my grandma would gets in her head was really valuable and just stores. My grandma's a crazy hoarder. In fact it's turned my whole family off from being obsessive about posessions. My uncle, who's pretty well-off, BUILT HER a 2-bedroom HOUSE (with a basement for storage) on his land for her. At one point she was complaining about how she didn't have enough storage space for old comforters, 50 year old recipes, and old furniture nobody wants and my uncle needed some "time out" time to simmer down. Whenever she offered any of us grandkids anything, our parents would say JUST TAKE IT - I DON'T CARE OF YOU THROW IT OUT, JUST GET IT OUT OF HER HOUSE! Even now her oven is filled with pots and pans, so every time she wants to bake anything the pans have to come out and get put somewhere, but there's no space on the counters, cuz they're covered by photos, so... (you get the idea)

One of my friends, her folks split pretty early on. Her mom lived with her and her two brothers, and I swear some of those pics were out of their house. House renovations that were never finished is just the start of it. Everything would get saved, down to the nutrition information on the cereal boxes. Towering piles of crap everywhere. (don't you buy groceries every week??) The whole house had rank dog smell. If there was a box of crap in the middle of the table, they'd just eat around it. Needless to say the sons were the laziest kids you've ever seen. Baddest BO you've ever smelled. Literally, if they didn't have somebody to cook for them, they'd starve. Kraft mac & cheese was an insurmountable task.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    as soon as I saw those glass "butt plugs" I felt like I knew her.

• KARLITOKARLITO 991 Posts
    There are people you can pay to handle these situations;
    not really w/in everyones budget to be honest. I think the trully sad thing is that htis dude lets his mom live this way. It is really his responsability to do something about it especially since he lives there now too. Get her in some counciling, order a roll away and start chuckin'. My grandmom is alittle like this (I think most are) and every now and then when my dad goes home he just throws shit out. One time he backed up a trailer under the upstairs bedroom and just started heaving uselles old textbooks and stuff out the window.