A Photo Tour of hcrink's House

Comments

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    This is about 83.5% accurate. wow!

• Options
    I have a feeling that won't be the last time I see that pic of your Mom and that cucumber.

K.

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    i hate to say it but can't they just shoot people like this or something???

remove them fro mthe planet and put htem out of their misery????

the word pathetic does not even b3egin to descirbe this situation.. and the fact that not one but TWO people live i nthat house and condone that BEHAVIOR???

there's a serious argument for genetic engineering lurking in there....

• holy shit, that is crazy.

• damnit

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

the word pathetic does not even b3egin to descirbe this situation.. and the fact that not one but TWO people live i nthat house and condone that BEHAVIOR???

Not really into lifes rich pageant, eh?

• Options
    Don't think that's called for, John...even if it this is not Crink's house. People can live how they choose.

You obviously haven't been to many dealers' houses.

K.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    That shit is very, very sad.
    I've been to many a house that looked the same, most worse, looking for vinyl.
    It amazes me just how many people live like this. You would think it's only that one crazy lady down the block but there's a surprising percentage of the population, in the US at least, that live thier day-to-day in exactly these conditions.
    It's a sickness, they never even use/look at/enjoy an item after it's been aquired.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    It's a sickness, they never even use/look at/enjoy an item after it's been aquired.

...not completely unlike many record collectors. ?

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts

73% of all SoulStrutters just took a hard look in the mirror

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    The enjoyment comes from knowing that you own it.

• The enjoyment comes from knowing that you own it.

sadly, I'm going to have to part co-sign this

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts

i'm choosing to keep most of my collections digital. hard-drives take up much less space.

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts

i'm choosing to keep most of my collections digital. hard-drives take up much less space.

?

• dayday 9,612 Posts

That's a pretty harsh thing to say, don't you think?

It's obvious the woman has problems but I don't think that warrants her execution.

Maybe it's people like you, who are so quick to judge, that should go.

Just a thought.

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts

That's a pretty harsh thing to say, don't you think?

It's obvious the woman has problems but I don't think that warrants her execution.

Maybe it's people like you, who are so quick to judge, that should go.

Just a thought.

leave it to the collectors to get all defensive

nah. she obviously can't help herself though. and maybe it's not making her miserable. just a sad way to live though.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    I mean fuck, who cares? There's worse things out there than insulating yourself from the world by buying things on ebay (half of the dudes on this board stand up).

She needs serious psychological help without a doubt. But yo, now that I think about it, maybe he was right. We really should run out and start killing more people with OCD. Maybe throw in some retarted people too. Dubious you rascal, I think you're onto something!

I'm just trying to put things in perspective yahm?

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    she just buying things to make herself feel better. i do it all the time. when im really depressed it helps me to go buy something.

• if people did a better job of keeping all their stuff there would be alot more records out there. I guess the only problem would be bad taste.

this lady is pretty crazy though. expired food is not good.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

C'mon, that's all you got out of that sad scene? Your family has no weirdos in it? I don't know wether to congratulate you or feel kinda sorry for you...

Me, I see a scenario that long ago went through the looking glass, but not something that happened overnight. Probably had no other adult in the family to reign in the behavior of snap her back to reality and/or get help. My uncle was like this to a much milder degree, but it was embarrassing to bring friends to the house(unless their families were crazy collectors too)with boxes of stuff every where! I find myself falling into patterns like this and I have to check myself. Luckily I have people around to help with the perspective. And to me, i get weirded out when I go to someone's home and it's NOT even a little cluttered, but austere and empty. To me it's the same weirdness as this lady, just at the other end of the spectrum.

NO ONE lives an idealized life. Like Crink said, Life's Rich Pagaent

And Crinky, for most of that tour I was under the impression that it WAS your home. I was getting ready to organize an intervention! At least organize someone to help your Mom open up all those eBay purchases still in the boxes!

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    if people did a better job of keeping all their stuff there would be alot more records out there. I guess the only problem would be bad taste.

No way. if people KEPT their stuff you'd never see a good record. Just like that dude in the UK 'giving it all up for Amy'! It will all happen to our collections too someday, because even when you leave your precious collection to your best record collecting friend and you have graduated to that Great Flea Market in the Sky--they will sell or donate that stuff off too. That's God's will. It's just stuff, no matter what it's earthly value, it will be dust someday.

And have you noticed a shortage of records? I ain't seeing that.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    damn people are so not used to this stuff huh?

I watched a documentary about people like this, "hoarders" whatever you wanna call 'em. People are like that all over the world, I saw a Japanese program and a lot of these people just don't have the normal social interactions with people that us "regular folk" take for granted. it's nothing to be scared of though. yawmean?

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    And Crinky, for most of that tour I was under the impression that it WAS your home. I was getting ready to organize an intervention! At least organize someone to help your Mom open up all those eBay purchases still in the boxes!

That's why I love hcrink, he's like a choose your own adventure story - throw in stacks of records and I could definitely imagine that being hcrink Central.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    just don't have the normal social interactions with people that us "regular folk" take for granted.

Soulstrut + "normal," "social interactions," "regular folk" = highly subjective, extremely relative

Oh, and maybe I should feel guilty a little, but the first time I saw this one of the first things that popped into my head was, "Man I wish I had a bunch of people like this bidding on my auctions."

Seriously though, it would seem like that would start to cut into your money for living expenses after a while.

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts

There be rackords in them thar hills.

- J

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Seriously though, it would seem like that would start to cut into your money for living expenses after a while.

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    she just buying things to make herself feel better. i do it all the time. when im really depressed it helps me to go buy something.

man, this is totally true for me too. i know its a byproduct of growing up in a consumers society, but shit if it isn't true. when i dropped my girl off at the airport and knew i wasn't gonna see her for 4 months, i had to drop by a record store on the way home to ease the pain.

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts

C'mon, that's all you got out of that sad scene? Your family has no weirdos in it? I don't know wether to congratulate you or feel kinda sorry for you...

no sadly enough i too have been effected by this type of bullshit behavior... my wifes grandmother is currently recreating this scene in her 3 room Scarborough apartment... when my grandmother died it took my mom 2 years to clean everything out of the old house before she could sell it... my dad had to move out of his house as it was too full / decaying to even livei n anymore... it's still just sitting there full of his crap.

maybe that's what got me so riled was knowing full well that if circumstances were differant i too could have gone down that type of path.

but back to my initial psuedo fascist offensive comments... would any of you wannt to be this womans neighbour???

i mean isnt this shit like the most ridiculous fire hazard of all time??? how dangerous would it be for the firemen to try and get in??? how much plastic / wierd shit is in there (the person said themselves they don't even know what's in all the boxes) that fire's gonna make one nice toxic ass cloud.

• Options
    My GRandmother eats overly burnt toast and rexpired food all the time and she's 9? and has more life than 2 teenagers and a case of Jolt cola. Imagine if everybody was like that lady (and my Granmother, though she's much more organized), there would be garbage everywhere on your streets.

K.