WHY CAN’T FAT JOE SELL MORE RECORDS???

Comments

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

Jlo sells alot to the same demograph.
    Joe might be lacking that sex appeal.

haha just noticed this understatement of the century.

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
    naw for real. theres black dudes on this site that may be able to answer my question. ive always been curious about the hispanic "n" word thing. i remeber listenin to the beatnuts say it and be like, "these dudes aint black, why the hell are they sayin that?". it's just somethin ive wondered about. not tryin to stir up controversy

Fat Joe is Puerto Rican which equals a Spanish/African mixed.
    I'm just one of the black dudes on Soulstrut...read a little....of this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puerto_Rican

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    fat joe is good but not esp versatile
    his last album was straight, aside from the 'dear mama' joint and i'm definitely burned out on 'make it rain'. i like that he veered away from the pop hits format for the most part.

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    In that case, it would be a bit of ignorance from Juju and he didn't know the connection between Puerto-ricans and Blacks (since threre IS one). But most Hispanics nations DO NOT share any common grounds with Black People as a whole. So, Juju wasn't that wrong, it just dont apply for Puerto Ricans, but it's a valid statement if you are Mexican for example...So let's be fair to Juju.

ONE thing that i wish Americans would understand (in general, not onboard), is that Spanish is NOT a race, it's a LANGUAGE first and foremost that people from SPAIN talks. Spanish comes from Spain. South Americans WASNT supposed to know about Spanish if COLONIZATIONS didn't happen. SPANISH IS NOT BLACK. SPANISH means French, Italy, Germany...it's part of Europe. It's a WHITE country. THEY HATES BLACKS as much as any other european nation, which means "a lot". THEY DO NOT RELATE TO ANYTHING BLACK. Their culture is, according to them, "purely" white. They do not feel like they are part of a "global culture" including South Americans. They hates them because they THINK they talk spanish, but they don't (according to Spanish, South Americans used a "deviated" Spanish, not the original one). It makes me sick to see all these kids in U.S. thinking that they are "spanish" and they are to be considered as Blacks.It's so much of an identity crisis that i wish i could pay them a ticket so they could visit Spain and stop considering themselves Spanish. Now if you some from Spain, you then have th right to call yourself Spanish. By the way, near Spain is Portugual. Another small white country that was part of the colonization that occurs in th 1800's. Portugueses and spanish ar Whites. Not anything alse but WHITES. Get it stright for once. Portuguese went to Africa with Belgium, France, Germany, England, etc...Thy kept three major country. To this day, those countries speaks Portuguese. Off course they went with the Spanish to conquer th New World, as did any other WHITE nation back then, and thy kept many country where they STILL talk Spanish to this day. Brazil is one amongst others. All this bullshit to say, please rememnber that Spanish are White people originally, for those who forgot. The colonies they established around the World may have a various backgrounds, it dont matter. Spain is stilla white country.

In that case, it would be a bit of ignorance from Juju and he didn't know the connection between Puerto-ricans and Blacks (since threre IS one). But most Hispanics nations DO NOT share any common grounds with Black People as a whole. So, Juju wasn't that wrong, it just dont apply for Puerto Ricans, but it's a valid statement if you are Mexican for example...So let's be fair to Juju.

ONE thing that i wish Americans would understand (in general, not onboard), is that Spanish is NOT a race, it's a LANGUAGE first and foremost that people from SPAIN talks. Spanish comes from Spain. South Americans WASNT supposed to know about Spanish if COLONIZATIONS didn't happen. SPANISH IS NOT BLACK. SPANISH means French, Italy, Germany...it's part of Europe. It's a WHITE country. THEY HATES BLACKS as much as any other european nation, which means "a lot". THEY DO NOT RELATE TO ANYTHING BLACK. Their culture is, according to them, "purely" white. They do not feel like they are part of a "global culture" including South Americans. They hates them because they THINK they talk spanish, but they don't (according to Spanish, South Americans used a "deviated" Spanish, not the original one). It makes me sick to see all these kids in U.S. thinking that they are "spanish" and they are to be considered as Blacks.It's so much of an identity crisis that i wish i could pay them a ticket so they could visit Spain and stop considering themselves Spanish. Now if you some from Spain, you then have th right to call yourself Spanish. By the way, near Spain is Portugual. Another small white country that was part of the colonization that occurs in th 1800's. Portugueses and spanish ar Whites. Not anything alse but WHITES. Get it stright for once. Portuguese went to Africa with Belgium, France, Germany, England, etc...Thy kept three major country. To this day, those countries speaks Portuguese. Off course they went with the Spanish to conquer th New World, as did any other WHITE nation back then, and thy kept many country where they STILL talk Spanish to this day. Brazil is one amongst others. All this bullshit to say, please rememnber that Spanish are White people originally, for those who forgot. The colonies they established around the World may have a various backgrounds, it dont matter. Spain is stilla white country.

YOU MADD?

seriously, what is the point of this tirade?

you are pretty critical of Spain, but remember this statement:

They do not feel like they are part of a "global culture" including South Americans. They hates them because they THINK they talk spanish, but they don't (according to Spanish, South Americans used a "deviated" Spanish, not the original one).

holds true as between many Latin Americans also. I have met plenty of Argentines, for instance, that think they are surperior to Mexicans and speak a more proper Spanish than do Mexicans/Bolivians/Uruguyans.

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    i was mad because it reminded me a convo i had on IRC...a room known for being apathic to anything white. So here i am...I used to have countless arguments with those new-yorkers, but the one with the Spanish case was the worst. They displayed so much ignorance about the subject...it was insane. I know there's probably one or two dudes around here that needed to read that...lol. And believe me, im' not critical, just factual. Let me talk about my own country and you would see what "critical" is...

• shomshom 31 Posts
    He has some successful singles and some good songs, but generally he's so inconsistent in his style and nobody believes in him musically. No one thinks he's "authentic" in his music and image.

1) Guys don't want be him and 2) girls don't want to sleep with him.

Jay Z and 50 seemed to succeed where Joe couldn't.

Its not like he's had a bad career though. I like a lot of his joints.

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts

Broken down so succinctly.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts

Broken down so succinctly.

But do any guys want to sleep with him?

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    Amazing how things changes in 2 years time. I don't think I'd even click on a thread like this if somebody started one today, let alone poast on it. Let alone START the fuckin' thing in the 1st place. I was so young and innocent back then

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Amazing how things changes in 2 years time. I don't think I'd even click on a thread like this if somebody started one today, let alone poast on it. Let alone START the fuckin' thing in the 1st place. I was so young and innocent back then

No sleep 'tll 40k views!

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts

No sleep 'tll 40k views!

WOW, seriously, props mang! What's the SS thread hits record anyho?

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,900 Posts

WOW, seriously, props mang! What's the SS thread hits record anyho?

I'm guessing the Popeye's side dish one.

Edit: I was wrong on that one :/

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    Is Fat Joe still down with DITC?

Yes

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

THAT WAS UNTIL FAUX_RILLZ TOOK YOUR INNOCENCE.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts

THAT WAS UNTIL FAUX_RILLZ TOOK YOUR INNOCENCE.

who?

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    poast [/b]on it.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    I'm suprized there is not much talk about Dominicans, since they are the "new Puerto Ricans"
    what does this mean?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    I'm suprized there is not much talk about Dominicans, since they are the "new Puerto Ricans"
    what does this mean?

Just That Domincans are starting to outnumber Ricans in a lot of places and picking up there habits.
    what are "there" habits?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    what does this mean?

Just That Domincans are starting to outnumber Ricans in a lot of places and picking up there habits.
    what are "there" habits?

BlacknotBlack

what does this mean?

what are "there" habits?

BlacknotBlack

YES! nice bump here...it's good to remind people of the racist toys that blow into the Strut every now and again and then (thankfully) shut up and retreat into their ignorant mindgardens.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    dude got banned right?

fat joe has been real mia lately. 50 says something about that on a new g-unit song.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Hahaha!

• minneapminneap 541 Posts
    I haven't checked any of Joe's new shit after Lean Back. Any of it worth picking up?

Nostalgic trip of the day.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I haven't checked any of Joe's new shit after Lean Back. Any of it worth picking up?

No but J.O.S.E. has some shit.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Man, you guys got me watching random freestyle clips...like this one.

• Ogre, Lochness & DJ Shmeeze sound like exactly the sort of heavy in the skreets DJs that I would expect Young 'Shied to align himself with. Will DJ Tanner and Han Solo be coming through as well? Should I bring my 12 sided die?