WHY CAN’T FAT JOE SELL MORE RECORDS???

Comments

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    But Austin[/b] is merely Berkeley East[/b].

No way...the extreme liberalism of Berkeley does not translate to Austin. Maybe Austin is the most Berkeley-like city in Texas...but to equate the 2...hecka nope.

I go there every Thanksgiving to visit my brother in the South Of Ben White area.

Besides I'm just messing with ya.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts

Who are you calling y'all? I'm from Atlanta.

But Atlanta is merely New York South.

Oh jeez... I don't even have anything to say to that, it's so absurd. You don't know anything about my city.

Denying that statement is like denying Florida is like 85% Northern transplants. Where do you think the Atlanta metro's growth came from? Birth rates? Transplants from Charlotte because Atlanta is so much different?

No, they're from New York!

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Oh jeez... I don't even have anything to say to that, it's so absurd. You don't know anything about my city.

Denying that statement is like denying Florida is like 85% Northern transplants. Where do you think the Atlanta metro's growth came from? Birth rates? Transplants from Charlotte because Atlanta is so much different?

You have no idea what you're talking about.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Did you know Atlanta has the second lowest rate of per capita auto ownership behind NYC?

Just thought I'd throw that in there.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

You have no idea what you're talking about.

New York South? Wow, you guys always amuse me with the shit you be coming up with.

Did you know Atlanta has the second lowest rate of per capita auto ownership behind NYC?

I find that very difficult to believe. Many of Atlanta's problems stem from its culture of automobile dependency. Even if you told me that figure excluded the suburbs entirely, I would still find it hard to swallow.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

when the police harassed us, we were all niggers.

Co-Sign...

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Good ole days

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    WHY CAN'T FAT JOE SELL MORE RECORDS???

I was just listening to the "All Or Nothing" bootleg[/b]

Well, there is no official release for this album yet. Don't worry, I'm gonna buy the real thing when it drops and support my nigga to the fullest!

I didn't buy it. Did it even come out? I have no idea.

• One incident that bugged me out when I was a young dude spending a lot of time in a Spanish neighborhood was when I noticed this Puerto Rican cat who was darker skinned and had nappier hair than I have actin' real funny style with me. So I asked me boy (also Puerto Rican) "yo, what's up with this guy?", and he told me "He doesn't like black people"! WHOA, talk about your cultural rude awakening!
    sad but true, some people don't have any knowledge of who they are or where they came from.
    i dont kow about all that. dude might have just gotten beaten up before in the wrong neighorhood or something and held a grudge. happens a lot. in philly you got kids in evrey broke nighborhood "acting hiphop" or "acting black", noticably in poor white areas. that doesnt mean by any stretch that they are still not son some knee jerk racist shit that they either learned from their family or by being beat up on the wrong block.

as far as PR and latinos getting a pass (for some reason i feel its mostly PR), black and puerto ricans have been going through pretty much the same socio economic racial discrimination in cities up here since hiphop took off...they were both all caught up in hiphops creation which was tied to a lot of the realities of being black and minority in america. theyve been in the same boat for a hell of a long time and have both helped create a style of expressing it that has spread throughout the world. but still, they dont always get a pass, so any white or asian person who thinks this is real unfair that you cant use the n word too, dont feel completely cheated.

• when the police harassed us, we were all niggers.

Co-Sign...

and not to downplay racial profiling, but white kids from kenso get fucked with by cops a lot too.

• Good ole days

i like that killing joke avatar

Co-Sign...

and not to downplay racial profiling, but white kids from kenso get fucked with by cops a lot too.

ohyeah, kensington is the white/ black/latin ghetto in philly.

Co-Sign...

ripe grounds for many sociology term papers

Co-Sign...

not too much in the way of records though

Co-Sign...

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts

I find that very difficult to believe. Many of Atlanta's problems stem from its culture of automobile dependency. Even if you told me that figure excluded the suburbs entirely, I would still find it hard to swallow.

The key word being ownership. Its not a surprising statistic if they don't consider leasing as ownership (since it's not)...

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts

when the police harassed us, we were all niggers.

Co-Sign...

ripe grounds for many toothless hookers[/b] (or so I'm told)

• over ripe

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    why can't fat joe sell more records???

b/c he's about as charismatic as a bag of rocks...

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    30k views?????????????????????

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    This has got to be a high search result for Fat Joe on Google, because a couple of weeks ago I was checking whose online and like 7 anonymous users were looking at this thread.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    This has got to be a high search result for Fat Joe on Google, because a couple of weeks ago I was checking whose online and like 7 anonymous users were looking at this thread.
    Last night I did a Google search for 'Brian Peppers' and there were several links that took me to Soulstrut.

I wish we'd get some driveby Fat Joe fans in here, if that's the case.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts

I wish we'd get some driveby Fat Joe fans in here, if that's the case.

In my mind garden I emagine that they are record execs from Joe's lable and in some meeting they will tell him. "We were checking the world wide web to see what your buzz factor is, and Joe according to SoulStrut.com you are and I quote, about as charismatic as a bag of rocks..."

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    was this all pre- "lean back"?

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Is Fat Joe still down with DITC?

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

I thought Joe's LP sales were still pretty "eh" even post-Lean Back?

I thought Joe's LP sales were still pretty "eh" even post-Lean Back?

They are--that album bricked and so have the two subsequent ones.

His one really big album was back in 2001.