DISCUSS

Comments

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    records that have 1 or 2 nice songs and thats it?

a low percentage of hip hop LPs fall outside of that category.

• records that have 1 or 2 nice songs and thats it?

Although a high percentage of hip hop LPs have much better material on them

• me and about 50 other whiney ass bitches posted their "this is my last post ever" thread.

dude. fuck you.

i don't know whose turds you swallow to get any status around here? cause you paste a few jpgs from every tired ass 100 best albums list? since back in the day. fine. but you ain't shit.

and don't even test my taste in music. i'll fucking bury your ass in $100+ records and post DISCUSS threads whenever the fuck I want.

and you can eat my fucking dick. aight? bitch bottom trick.

Yeah right douche....

I can tell you have really great taste and deep knowledge on a lot of dreadfully awful piece of shit common records. Thanks for sharing those important pieces with us.

And by all means, please keep posting these hugely groundbreaking and informative threads. I could use a good laugh every now and then. Just extend me the courtesy of not biting my style. Wouldn't want anyone confusing the source of your genius and insight.

Oh and btw: Besides being among the first people to post here, the reason I have clout and status here and in the real world is because I know my shit, do my research, have taste, ran a dope label, reissued cool shit, got press, shall I go on? No, I think that's enough sonning for a clueless loser such as yourself.

Also, whenever you'd like to actually learn something about this thing of ours, we could ourselves a little soundclash or something. I'll try not to laugh, promise... well, maybe not. Can't promise...

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    OK Conscious Daughters is like thuggy lesbohop from Oakland.
    where else would one look if they were purveyers of thuggy lesbohop?

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    records that have 1 or 2 nice songs and thats it?

yes but we were strictly speaking on those lps. THOSE lps that have 1 or 2 nice songs on it and thats it. you could of done different lps with half the lp being better than a single and a college radio track on those you listed. then i wouldnt of wrote that...

me and about 50 other whiney ass bitches posted their "this is my last post ever" thread.

dude. fuck you.

i don't know whose turds you swallow to get any status around here? cause you paste a few jpgs from every tired ass 100 best albums list? since back in the day. fine. but you ain't shit.

and don't even test my taste in music. i'll fucking bury your ass in $100+ records and post DISCUSS threads whenever the fuck I want.

and you can eat my fucking dick. aight? bitch bottom trick.

Yeah right douche....

I can tell you have really great taste and deep knowledge on a lot of dreadfully awful piece of shit common records. Thanks for sharing those important pieces with us.

And by all means, please keep posting these hugely groundbreaking and informative threads. I could use a good laugh every now and then. Just extend me the courtesy of not biting my style. Wouldn't want anyone confusing the source of your genius and insight.

Oh and btw: Besides being among the first people to post here, the reason I have clout and status here and in the real world is because I know my shit, do my research, have taste, ran a dope label, reissued cool shit, got press, shall I go on? No, I think that's enough sonning for a clueless loser such as yourself.

Also, whenever you'd like to actually learn something about this thing of ours, we could ourselves a little soundclash or something. I'll try not to laugh, promise... well, maybe not. Can't promise...

i don't claim my threads are groundbreaking and neither should you. but i'm glad you laugh at them.

you own posting "discuss these records threads" like you own the wind. and if it makes you feel better, keep pretending badass mutherfuckers like me want to bite your "style".

as far as a soundclash. cool, but i'd rather just fucking bite your face off. fucking punk ass bitch. anyfuckingtime!

like I just said. i found these at the Goodwill a few hours ago and grabbed them (along with some bluegrass records).

some people get their tighty whiteys fucking streaked just looking at them. other fucking pussies have say they own thread types and tell me I have bad taste and shit. so lame.

Oh no. Oh no! I'm melting...a mediocre record.

don't show a bad one. I'll just die.

• Might be time to take those meds, Corky...

• when i look at the google ads, it says "stylish dog crates".

Might be time to take those meds, Corky...

ooh, good one.

i just don't put up with shit from faggit fucks like you. step off. why don't you go "ran a dope label, reissued cool shit, got press". Oh wait! I'm sorry that's all past tense. What are you doing now?

• wow. i just read this thread now.

fatback, maybe you should take some of this aggression right here and slap your dog in the face instead. or not. i dont know.

wow. i just read this thread now.

fatback, maybe you should take some of this aggression right here and slap your dog in the face instead. or not. i dont know.

my aggression is specific to iron monkey.

• 'wake up,wake up,wake up it`s da time of da monnth'

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

I don't know if this is some inside Soul Strut sarcasm, but this Mic G. is considered a classic sort of okay record for the time to many -- myself included. It's got some really nice Buckwild production on there, not to mention nice cameos from OC and Royal Flush to boot.

Gratuitous abuse of "classic"

I agree with Faux. It's a really nice album, and there are some quality songs on there ("Men vs. Many" is the fuckin' knock!) plus knockin' production all the way through, but I would hardly consider it a classic.

OK Conscious Daughters is like thuggy lesbohop from Oakland. Paris production = I recall there being some halfway decent 3rd rate g-funk but... not memorable. Their video got some rotation as I recall.

Shadez Of Lingo - wasn't this Dallas Austin affiliated? part of the new atlanta sound circa 94 or something? their single was alright as I recall but I couldn't be bothered then and I don't see why I should be now.

mic Geronimo had some legit tracks. "Shit Is Real" and "Master IC" are dope and still get love if you throw them on today. Irv Gotti made beats and DJ'd on this record. Still, the record really didn't play as a full album, because Mic G wasn't that interesting and it had no conceptual arc.

MOP - To The Death. great cuts, not a *great* album but hey they get a pass because it's MOfuckingP.

Spice 1 - 187 He Wrote. I really tried to like this album. I really wanted to. First record is super classic. But this one just doesn't have any good songs.

Smoothe The Hustla has some dope shit, but I'm really not well-acquainted with this record and I doubt I could stomach a full album of Smoothe. But "Broken Language" is the fucking shit.

a reasonable and knowlegable response. you're soft.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

the new atlanta sound circa 94 or something

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

LEEEEETTTS GET NAAAKIIIIIIDDDD!

didn't one dude go

AOW!

like Larry Blackmon?

But pause for a moment to consider their conceptual arc:

This is a threefold concept album: I Revolutionary, II Street, III Music. The Revolutionary aspect consists of songs expressing racial issues and sex. The Street aspect comes hard with the hip hop edge, and the Music fold settles into attractive R&B grooves, which feature some melodious numbers.

• Smoothe is that real schitt!!! I Still prefer Firing Squad though

• the new atlanta sound circa 94 or something

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

LEEEEETTTS GET NAAAKIIIIIIDDDD!

didn't one dude go

AOW!

like Larry Blackmon?

But pause for a moment to consider their conceptual arc:

This is a threefold concept album: I Revolutionary, II Street, III Music. The Revolutionary aspect consists of songs expressing racial issues and sex. The Street aspect comes hard with the hip hop edge, and the Music fold settles into attractive R&B grooves, which feature some melodious numbers.

• Might be time to take those meds, Corky...

ooh, good one.

i just don't put up with shit from faggit fucks like you. step off. why don't you go "ran a dope label, reissued cool shit, got press". Oh wait! I'm sorry that's all past tense. What are you doing now?

I'm on to the next. Makin money in another, more lucrative industry while sad fools like you try to live out some ridiculous hip hop, thugged-out-digger fantasy. Just out of curiosity, exactly what have you EVER accomplished in the music game or ANY game for that matter? Getting all hyped up over shit records you find at Goodwill? Then gettin your panties in a bunch when I son your stupid ass? Then, you have the audacity to come at me sideways like you're really gonna step to me? Callin me a bitch? Hahaha.... c'mon man, you know damn well you ain't steppin to ANYONE.

I even suggested we have a soundclash or something to put an end to the bickering. Kinda drive home the point that this is lighthearted. You come back with "I'd rather bite your face off"? Seriously bro, get a grip on reality.

You DO NOT know me, fool. Furthermore, you better hope upon hope that you never actually meet me. AND if you do, apologies better come out that mush mouth of yours quick, fast in a hurry or I can personally guarantee you'll be seconds away from your teeth becoming "past tense". I've entertained this little tirade of yours long enough because honestly, you sounded downright silly gettin mad over some message board trash-talk. However, it's highly inappropriate of you to talk like this over dumb shit. You have no sense of humor, you lack common respect and it's obvious by your knee-jerk defensive reactions that you are heavily outclassed and inept in various areas by comparison to MANY of your peers on here. You need to check yourself.

• I like Fatback and Iron Monkey.

Then again I like that Conscious Daughters album.

• This is a threefold concept album: I Revolutionary, II Street, III Music. The Revolutionary aspect consists of songs expressing racial issues and sex. The Street aspect comes hard with the hip hop edge, and the Music fold settles into attractive R&B grooves, which feature some melodious numbers.

That sir, is no "Hip hop smoothed out on the R&B tip with a pop feel apeal to it."

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i bet i could kick both of your asses at the same time

• Options

Discuss.

K in Canada.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

Spice 1 - 187 He Wrote. this one just doesn't have any good songs.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts

Spice 1 - 187 He Wrote. this one just doesn't have any good songs.

187 dumpin niggas up in ditches
    fat nina for them player hatin bitches

we used to play the fuck outta this track... my first artist interview in 93 at his moms house out in fremont or something like that... nicest white neighborhood ever...

got to see pictures of him as a bboy/dancer... what!??!

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts

Discuss.

K in Canada.
    Aww, c'mon K, that can't be them, you know the Iron Monkey has a shaved head......

• i bet i could kick both of your asses at the same time

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    i bet i could kick both of your asses at the same time

• Options

Discuss.

K in Canada.
    Aww, c'mon K, that can't be them, you know the Iron Monkey has a shaved head......

That one on the left is wearing a knit cap, no? I drew them myself (those are album covers with glue come loose ont he ground).

Seriously, they're making themselves look like fools IMO...although deciphering emotioons from black text on a white background is a task.

K in Canada.