FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central

Comments

• DON'T YOU DARE!!!!!!!!!!

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    I think he took it there.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    DON'T YOU DARE!!!!!!!!!!

yeah, yeah. i read something about you making your final post a while ago. other people post "discuss" threadz. was there some big fallout over it while i was gone?

• One of those is a good record

And I say that only because I really, really like MOP. Not their best

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    I also like Smoothe Da Hustler. I like that song What Makes. Shit is tight. Plus Broken Language.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    anybody want to talk about male hairstyles?

• DON'T YOU DARE!!!!!!!!!!

yeah, yeah. i read something about you making your final post a while ago. other people post "discuss" threadz. was there some big fallout over it while i was gone?

Yeah, me and about 50 other people posted their "this is my last post ever" thread. They're called jokes, sherlock. You know... jokes, like your taste in music. A big fuckin joke!

sheesh!

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Broken Language.
    That was my anthem when I was in the 9th grade.

me and about 50 other whiney ass bitches posted their "this is my last post ever" thread.

dude. fuck you.

i don't know whose turds you swallow to get any status around here? cause you paste a few jpgs from every tired ass 100 best albums list? since back in the day. fine. but you ain't shit.

and don't even test my taste in music. i'll fucking bury your ass in $100+ records and post DISCUSS threads whenever the fuck I want.

and you can eat my fucking dick. aight? bitch bottom trick.

wow! where did all this come from? its pretty awesome, i just want some history!

• I don't know if this is some inside Soul Strut sarcasm, but this Mic G. is considered a classic to many -- myself included. It's got some really nice Buckwild production on there, not to mention nice cameos from OC and Royal Flush to boot.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

I don't know if this is some inside Soul Strut sarcasm, but this Mic G. is considered a classic sort of okay record for the time to many -- myself included. It's got some really nice Buckwild production on there, not to mention nice cameos from OC and Royal Flush to boot.

Gratuitous abuse of "classic"

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    While Faux is correct, I forgot that had Masta IC and Shit is Real. Other than that, I've forgotten about the rest of that album's content. And he was on MTV with his GF

• I don't know if this is some inside Soul Strut sarcasm, but this Mic G. is considered a classic sort of okay record for the time to many -- myself included. It's got some really nice Buckwild production on there, not to mention nice cameos from OC and Royal Flush to boot.

Classic abuse of "gratuitous"

I don't know if this is some inside Soul Strut sarcasm, but this Mic G. is considered a classic sort of okay record for the time to many -- myself included. It's got some really nice Buckwild production on there, not to mention nice cameos from OC and Royal Flush to boot.

CLEVER!!!

• Generous use of "classic"

Perhaps. But it is "classic" in the sense that it's a memorable album from the time and something that I would suggest to someone who was getting into '90s hip-hop. As opposed to those other terds listed.

CLEVER!!!

TERD!!!

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts

Lets not forget that Jay-Z also gets outdone on a posse cut on here as well, by of all people JA RULE.I just thought i should add that,for the people not knowing.

I think it's equally usefull to discuss why these records are turds.

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts

classic classic classic classic classic classic classic classic classic classic classic classic classic classic classic classic classic classic classic classic classic classic classic classic classic classic classic classic classic classic classic classic classic classic classic classic classic classic classic classic

• I think it's equally usefull to discuss why these records are turds.

Why don't you kick it off then?...

Well I just found them this afternoon at the Goodwill. But I'm listening to Shadz right now and there are some good Diamond D tracks on there. Plus they are from Richmond. But my taste is so suspect, I need all you fucking fanboys to school me. Madly.

• But I'm listening to Shadz right now and there are some good Diamond D tracks on there.

"Colorado tha colLECta/inSPECta!"

He might fit right in on the Strut.

I think I still have the "Mad Flavaz" 12 somewhere. Erick Sermon has a very entertaining verse on that one.

"ERRRICK, that's the bass line from the humpty skit!"

I think it's equally usefull to discuss why these records are turds.

These records sounded like terds 10+ years ago.

I had recently succeeded in finally expunging all traces of them from my memory.

Then you had to go and remind me.

Thanks a lot.

• OK Conscious Daughters is like thuggy lesbohop from Oakland. Paris production = I recall there being some halfway decent 3rd rate g-funk but... not memorable. Their video got some rotation as I recall.

Shadez Of Lingo - wasn't this Dallas Austin affiliated? part of the new atlanta sound circa 94 or something? their single was alright as I recall but I couldn't be bothered then and I don't see why I should be now.

mic Geronimo had some legit tracks. "Shit Is Real" and "Master IC" are dope and still get love if you throw them on today. Irv Gotti made beats and DJ'd on this record. Still, the record really didn't play as a full album, because Mic G wasn't that interesting and it had no conceptual arc.

MOP - To The Death. great cuts, not a *great* album but hey they get a pass because it's MOfuckingP.

Spice 1 - 187 He Wrote. I really tried to like this album. I really wanted to. First record is super classic. But this one just doesn't have any good songs.

Smoothe The Hustla has some dope shit, but I'm really not well-acquainted with this record and I doubt I could stomach a full album of Smoothe. But "Broken Language" is the fucking shit.

anytime

that's what i do. dig shit up.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    is this a list of records that have 1 or 2 nice songs and thats it? i think all of those LPs are forgettable.

conscious daughters had a minimal following out here in my opinion. they werent ever played at the clubs i went to but id hear it out in the east bay.

shadz of lingo? i couldnt tell you one thing about it. i remember the group and thats it.

mic geronimo was cool but outside of masta ic i know he had another single but even that escapes me right now. i kept the record in storage so there must be some reason i like it.

i like mop but their later ones are waaay better to me. however that remix of rugged neva smooth still blows me away.

spice is cool but once again i dont really have full lp love for dude.

smoothe really had what one tune that was really good and the rest contained filler tracks... was this only my opinion of dudes music? regardless... forgettable by many...

the new atlanta sound circa 94 or something

• the new atlanta sound circa 94 or something

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

LEEEEETTTS GET NAAAKIIIIIIDDDD!

didn't one dude go

AOW!

like Larry Blackmon?