SLSTRT 2006: SPEAK NOT ON WHAT YOU KNOW NOT

13»

Comments

• my idea of quality is pictures of private issue and that dude hawkeye going on a rant about that baron a-hole with the rented diva hoe.

to each his own i guess.

this site is totaly egalitarian for better or for worse... that is unless you get banned however.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I'm not trying to start an argument but when people start saying when and how much to talk its just straight up wrong to me.

I believe that's the fatal flaw, right there: You seem to think that Ron Donkey's post had everything to do with frequency ("when") and quantity ("how much"); the possibility that it had anything to do with quality--that people thinking more and posting less might make anything around here, you know, better--seems not to have occurred to you. Which says a lot, I think.

I think AP hit it on the head before when he said that whole spiel about people talking fast a furious bringing fun to the board. Granted not everyone makes interesting and insightful posts, but damn everyone having to blueprint what they are going to say. Speak what you feel, use just a bit of common sense and let the words rip.

Could be fun, could be asswrenching but at least its entertaining.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I think it's best when people talk about shit they know a thing or two about.

There are a lot of people talking on here about shit they don't know anything about... record related or otherwise.

Sometimes that's called "talking out your ass".

I think the gist of this post is that people should try a bit harder not to talk out their ass.

I don't find that hard to understand or to agree with.

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    Can we keep this going please?

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    I'm all for free style posting

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    My posts are actually planned weeks in advance.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Can we keep this going please?

I was hoping that would be the end of that.

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    I think AP hit it on the head before when he said that whole spiel about people talking fast a furious bringing fun to the board. Granted not everyone makes interesting and insightful posts, but damn everyone having to blueprint what they are going to say. Speak what you feel, use just a bit of common sense and let the words rip.
    I'd dispute the possiblilty of there being any real commonality (as in "common sense") among a group this diverse, but that notwithstanding, let me ask you: Are you satisifed with the current percentage of folks around here who "just let the words rip"?

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts

VOTE James in 2006

"just let the words rip"

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    I'd dispute the possiblilty of there being any real commonality (as in "common sense") among a group this diverse, but that notwithstanding, let me ask you: Are you satisifed with the current percentage of folks around here who "just let the words rip"?

Thus the luxury of the "username" was born (as well as the "ignore user" feature).

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

Thus the luxury of the "username" was born (as well as the "ignore user" feature).

Whenever I think of someone using the "Ignore user" feature I have a vision of Peter Sellers as Chauncey Gardner in "Being There" trying to make the kids on the street go away with his TV remote!!!

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    i'm not sure why but rocks avatar really creeps me out. I say let it rip.