Best Followers Of Their Father's Footprints

RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
Spurred on by the Jeff/Tim Buckley thread....Basketball - KobeFootball - Peyton ManningBaseball - Barry BondsActor- Michael DouglasMusician - ??

Comments

• Easy E, Maybe ???

• 'Cause a country boy can survive.

• Lil Romeo

or maybe Pete Rock.

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    My father.

• Droop-E, E-40's 17-year-old son.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

• wasn't nas' father a big jazz bassist, can't remember his name right now.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    nas' father, olu dara is an avant-garde jazz trumpeter.

• nas' father, olu dara, was once an avant-garde jazz trumpeter but currently makes tepid country blues albums

nas' father, olu dara, was once an avant-garde jazz trumpeter but currently makes tepid country blues albums
    ...zing

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts

Anyone else know that Common's old man played pro basketball in the ABA for a season? That bit in Pops Rap on Someday It'll All Make Sense got me wondering.
    Lonnie Lynn

• Anyone else know that Common's old man played pro basketball in the ABA for a season? That bit in Pops Rap on Someday It'll All Make Sense got me wondering.
    Lonnie Lynn

he lives in Denver too, his garage has a "common sense" piece on it. no idea who painted it. i think he may have been or is involved in some sort of youth group thing. maybe one of those kids painted it. one of my homeboys has chilled with mr. lynn several times. apparently he's a very cool cat.

back on topic though:

I always thought it was cool that Ornette Coleman cut an album on Blue Note with his 10 year old son, Ornette Denardo ("Denny") Coleman.

• tuneuptuneup 586 Posts
    me and my pops...we're 2 gens deep on this record thing...god it feels good to be doing this as a family business......

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

Musician: Prince[/b]

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• KEN

NORTON

JR

BATCHES!

sure his dad was a prizefighter and he played ball but they both put the hurt on folls daily.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

• nas' father, olu dara, was once an avant-garde jazz trumpeter but currently makes tepid country blues albums and occasionally guests on corny songs by washed-up rappers[/b]
    ...zing

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

Good call.

Lee Andrews/?uestlove

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    Shuggie Otis (son of Johnny), for sure.

Easy E, Maybe ???

Who was his father? 'Cause I believe it's been settled that his dad is NOT Charles Wright.

Jack Black in High Fidelity: "Ah, that's so good, it should have been mine.."

Good call.

Lee Andrews/?uestlove
    Ravi has another daughter that plays sitar as well Anoushka, I think she's pretty famous in 'world music' circles.

Also that Lee Andrews->Questlove thing can be a triple because ?'s grandfather was in the Dixie Hummingbirds for years.

• gibla74gibla74 182 Posts
    How about the Vaughn & Mark Bode??

• cHillercHiller 293 Posts

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    Damian Marley

Ananda Shankar

Zak Starkey

Bridgette Fonda[/b]

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    nas' father, olu dara, was once an avant-garde jazz trumpeter but currently makes tepid country blues albums

Yea and Nas is always talking about growing up in the hood. You think his dad could of sent a check home once in awhile....???