ORGANIZED KONFUSION

MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
discuss.

Comments

• Like 'em, wish someone would bootleg their "Simply II Positive" demo along with the first Phase & Rhythm 12".

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    THAT REAL SCHITT

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    Spinemagazine's got a link to the STP demo for those who haven't heard it. Prisoners of war...
    I'd expect those with extreme anti-current-underground attitudes to hatt on OK right off the bat. Haven't given up yet though. Stress= one of my favourite albums.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Funny, I actually never liked Stress, but the self titled ranks among my top albums of all time. In addition, I really liked Equinox, but don't judge me by that.

The STP demo is dope.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

I'd expect those with extreme anti-current-underground attitudes to hatt on OK right off the bat.

Dog...Folks hatt on that current underground shit cause it sucks. OK is Classic!

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    In addition, I really liked Equinox, but don't judge me by that.

I liked that album, too.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    Funny, I actually never liked Stress
    yeah, my people always bug out when i express disappointment in this album. i bought s/t and stress the same day in like 94 or something, and i always thought s/t was much more listenable and enjoyable. the only time i wanna hear stress is when its raining and i'm in new york and in a foul mood and contemplating shooting a cab driver for no good reason.
    pharaohs style is equally raw on both

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    , I really liked Equinox, but don't judge me by that.

Found that in a church basement... with that cover i thought this was some give this to the label before we bounce type album

but that song Soundman is dope

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    In addition, I really liked Equinox, but don't judge me by that.

I liked that album, too.

I always considered this a "guilty Pleasure"

but yeah I like it as well.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Equinox had its share of dope tracks but I don't think it was nearly as consistent as the first two. Stress is probably my favorite but I can totally see why others like the ST more.

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    Their S/T and Stress LP's are both in my all-time top ten.

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    Folks hatt on that current underground shit cause it sucks.

Exactly. But is there a current equivalent to Organized Konfusion? If so, let me know.

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts
    Stress = eh

Stress Remix = way better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THAT REAL SCHITT

Equinox had its share of dope tracks but I don't think it was nearly as consistent as the first two. Stress is probably my favorite but I can totally see why others like the ST more.

It wasn't. As a "rap opera" or whatever the f**k it was supposed to be, the concept definitely failed. And, as has already been mentioned, the cover was wack.

But none of that erases the fact that there were some really good tracks on there.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts

It wasn't. As a "rap opera" or whatever the f**k it was supposed to be, the concept definitely failed. And, as has already been mentioned, the cover was wack.

But none of that erases the fact that there were some really good tracks on there.

How can this cover be considered wack???

I haven't listened to the album in a minute but I remember (had to look at Amazon tracklisting )Questions, Soundman, Numbers, Shugah Shorty, Sin, Hate, and Somehow, Someway all being good.

Phill must be going crazy over the lack of hate in the REAL SCHITT threads this week

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Stress= one of my favourite albums.

Ditto. That shit amazed me when I first heard it, and it just kept getting better with each listen.

• parenparen 537 Posts
    Their S/T and Stress LP's are both in my all-time top ten.

How can this cover be considered wack???

You're right--I think "wack" was probably too nice.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Seriously though, what is fucking with Pharoah's flow on Bring It On?

I was really rooting for pharoh monch when his solo album dropped. but it sucked and i was sad. simon says was ok and the rest i can't even remember.

• Can anybody tell me what Releasing Hypnotical Gases is about?
    That joint is

Is the track just on some lyrical tip?
    conspiracy theory?
    guerilla warfare?!!
    I listened to that track a 1000 times and still...
    Help a brother out.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    I was really rooting for pharoh monch when his solo album dropped. but it sucked and i was sad. simon says was ok and the rest i can't even remember.

What???? "The Light", "Rape", the joint w/ Talib, the one with Prince Po, come on. Sure, it wasn't a "world-beater", but a respectable effort at least. What do you guys like? Geez!!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• spivyspivy 866 Posts
    "releasing hypnotical gasses" is one of my favorite hip hop songs ever...the shit is super dark and psychedelic as fuck!

Its about farting, dumbass!

And stacks, gosh darn you, it sucked!

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts

Go play "The Light" real loud. Beautiful.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

I'm heading out soon to a mexican resturant for a co-workers retirement party.

I wonder if the mariachi's will know that one? I'll find out and get back to you!

Go play "The Light" real loud. Beautiful.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

"Now some say I'm a little bit a thug/slash b-boy gentleman..."

That song was kind of embarassing to listen to.

I was really disappointed with this record.

• agree 1000%..what up mao!
    amir