ORGANIZED KONFUSION

Comments

• rascmonrascmon 441 Posts

How can this cover be considered wack???

photoshop 2.0 bevel and lens flare = automatic wackness

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I wonder if the mariachis will know "Mami que sera lo que queire el negro"?

I love that song, but its not really mexican.

but a few weeks ago me and HJ were in the local taco shop and a different version was playing of that song (not the wilfredo vargas (is that his name?) one), and after pondering the use of double parentheses I went up to the register lady and asked who was singing it. and she told me and then I told her to write it down because i can't remember shit like that.

and then we went home and i put the little peice of paper on the table and then it disappeared and so I was like damn. but i think the name was la presiosa or something like that. i tried to look for it on soulseek, but i couldn't find it.

so i'll ask them to play that, pharoh monch, and the Tejano classic Juan Sabor by El Grupo Niche. YAY!

• I celebrate their entire wardrobe.

• How can this cover be considered wack???

because these were the two previous covers:

• Its about farting, dumbass!

I feel stupid

PS gotta listen to that shit again.

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts

but a few weeks ago me and HJ were in the local taco shop and a different version was playing of that song (not the wilfredo vargas (is that his name?) one), and after pondering the use of double parentheses I went up to the register lady and asked who was singing it. and she told me and then I told her to write it down because i can't remember shit like that.

and then we went home and i put the little peice of paper on the table and then it disappeared and so I was like damn. but i think the name was la presiosa or something like that. i tried to look for it on soulseek, but i couldn't find it.

so i'll ask them to play that, pharoh monch, and the Tejano classic Juan Sabor by El Grupo Niche. YAY!

Hooooo-Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry man, had to let the Grito out!

I might have the Wilfredo Vargas song, PM me if you wish!

Hooooo-Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry man, had to let the Grito out!

I might have the Wilfredo Vargas song, PM me if you wish!

I got the OG mp3 of that joint dude... I need the new la presiousosuausa version!

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    O.K.

• Stress = eh

Stress Remix = way better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• i'm with AI...
    i loved both records, but Stress didnt stand up well to the test of time (besides the stress remix hardasfuck). i still listen to S/T a lot.
    i liked "numbers" .....addemup

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    monch is a beast.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    monch is a beast.

Without a doubt.

Extinction Agenda on a whole kills shit. The self titled cut from that album, "Why", "Bring It On", etc etc are all ridiculous. Stress is probably one of the weakest songs on there in comparison.
    On a side note, Prince Po has been staying with a friend of mine for a minute now out in LA and has dropping the crazy stories. I'll have to get the "OK" (harrrr) before I throw em on here.
    Anyone know the story of Matt Doo who did the cover art for Extinction? I remember hearing he committed suicide not too long after the album came out.

• I was really rooting for pharoh monch when his solo album dropped. but it sucked and i was sad. simon says was ok and the rest i can't even remember.

Totally agree with you, copped that LP and the 12"s off it when they came out, as well as the solo singles that Prince PO dropped and I think the problem was that though they weren't terrible,they were just mediocre.
    I think that OK fall into the catergory of groups that are greater than their composite parts...

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    big fan...stress is one of my all time favorite albums. "stray bullet" is such a fucking dope song.

AND, these dudes put on a fucking amazing live show. saw them back in TX for the equinox album and they killed it. they did that "9 times out of 10" with the whole club pitch black except for miner hats they were wearing. shit was redonkulous.

also remember watching the "stress" video thinking Pharoah was gonna freeze his ass off.

and equinox cover art looked like a rave flier or some shit. but the album was quite enjoyable.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    "stray bullet" is such a fucking dope song.

that and bring it on are two songs you would make someone listen to if they asked what flow was

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts

I celebrate their entire catalogue.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    Internal Affairs > The Equinox

• "Stress..." is one of my favorite rap albums ever. So thorough.

But the hook on the Large Pro remix to the single "Stress" goes on for about 8 bars too long.

And Dizzy:

You need DJ Laz "Mami El Negro" stat! If you don't know it, it just might make your life complete.

But you and Faux should not hatt on "Internal Affairs."

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    Its about farting, dumbass!

I feel stupid

PS gotta listen to that shit again.

seriously guy, that's like the climax of the album.
    someone stole OK's chicken, so they ate fudge pudge, then released hypnotical gases.

and don't forget on their follow up when ate black sundaes, then dropped bombs

get with the program

• I celebrate their entire wardrobe.

how can I be down? come up off that grey one! will pay cash or trade!

!!!

• tuneuptuneup 586 Posts
    i just found an Original copy of their first press kit with a loverly 8x10 glossy....I'm feelinhg cool for about 43.8 seconds.....and gee whiz i even kind of like them.....

• slushslush 691 Posts
    weird i just listened to stress the album today while really really cleaning my place. like getting gritty, scrubbing ovens and shit. 'Why?" is my favourite song. It would be a perfect lp for me if the remix was on it instead, i dont really like the album version

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    Great great group, rhymin' patterns,you just couldn't ask for more.The last time i was in the US was the year their debut dropped,i was at the record store when they got the stock in along with BDK's - "Prince of darkness". They hadn't priced it yet so i couldn't buy it,the store was on the verge of closing i would have to come back the next day,but i was leaving the next day,i had to wait a while before i eventually got it.

At least i had "Death Certicate" to hold me over, 91 was a great year for hip hop.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    monch is a beast.

Funny, cuz i was just listening to "What is the Law" recently in the car, and was thinking....GAAAWWWWWWDDAMMMMMMNNN, too bad he doesn't get more exposure! absolutely KILLS IT on this joint.

and i don't know much old school, but Organized Konfusion- S/t is a hell of an album.

• Stress= top 5 albums.

Let's Organize still gets my hyped and when I was a real ultra depressed teenager that song "Maintain" was an anthem.

Even though that is a personal grail to me, I never really bothered to check them dudes when they went solo.

and "somehow someway" is some super slapp-ish, a little bit ahead of the curve.

• Who are these dudes who get all twitted up about digable planets but can nitpick a classic LP like Stress with a straight face

Stress to me is Hip-Hop at its pinacle. Conversely, I think one of the reasons underground hip-hop took a fall was too many dudes trying to sound like Monche & Po. And no, S/T is not better than Stress.

conceptual arc, people. Deal with it.

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    Took a road trip to vancouver and had the Stress tape with me. I really enjoy that album. It's a good play-through. Especially when you flip sides.

I counted the number of gun-shot sounds in Stray Bullet once. I think it was 23.

• Seeing ORGANIZED KONFUSION live in '94 solidified my respect for them. They put crazy emotion in every line. Real moody, heavy shit.

Stress to me is Hip-Hop at its pinacle.

Internal affairs was good, but not exceptional. I think people were hoping for an opus from Monch. It wasn't a terd but it wasn't up to par with the first 2 OK lp's...

The same thing kinda applies to Equinox. It was a dope album but coming after Stress, it was lil bit of a let down.

S/T put these guys in top class of mc's and (to me) conceptual artists for the genre. Stress was the climax of their career and the new ruler that OK wasto be measured by every release after seem flat in comparison.

I think if Internal Affairs and Equinox had both been release as debut albums from unknown artists, they would have been much more appreciated.

• "invetro"

Nothing more needs to be said..

/L