ORGANIZED KONFUSION

13»

Comments

• Stress to me is Hip-Hop at its pinacle.

Internal affairs was good, but not exceptional. I think people were hoping for an opus from Monch. It wasn't a terd but it wasn't up to par with the first 2 OK lp's...

The same thing kinda applies to Equinox. It was a dope album but coming after Stress, it was lil bit of a let down.

S/T put these guys in top class of mc's and (to me) conceptual artists for the genre. Stress was the climax of their career and the new ruler that OK wasto be measured by every release after seem flat in comparison.

I think if Internal Affairs and Equinox had both been release as debut albums from unknown artists, they would have been much more appreciated.

but how black people where feeling 'em? What about today?

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    monch is a beast.

Anyone know the story of Matt Doo who did the cover art for Extinction? I remember hearing he committed suicide not too long after the album came out.

Yeah there doesn't seem much information about him - i looked into his stuff after picking up a comp with another piece of his work which dedicated it to his memory - think it was late nineties:

Stray Bullet is such a killer track. Would definitely put Stress in my top 10 hip hop albums. Was personally disappointed with Internal Affairs - more for some of teh weak lyrical content than anything else.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    i rememer the tour in 94 w/ them, beatnuts, artifacts, and common sense. saw the show in dc at the old 9:30 club on f st. (rip). the x-men djed between sets. it was one of those shows that really got me back into rap music. all 4 of those lps remain some of my favorite of all time.

oh yeah... common, in the middle of his set, said,"there's too many white people here." i remember being bothered by that. all he needed to say was, "there's not enough black people here."

• Its about farting, dumbass!

I feel stupid

PS gotta listen to that shit again.

seriously guy, that's like the climax of the album.
    someone stole OK's chicken, so they ate fudge pudge, then released hypnotical gases.

and don't forget on their follow up when ate black sundaes, then dropped bombs

get with the program

Aiight give me some more info I wanna learn more!

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    I think one of the reasons underground hip-hop took a fall was too many dudes trying to sound like Monche & Po.

This is a very accurate observation.

• i liked "numbers" .....addemup

That's my favorite track off Equinox. I like all 3 LP's, and the remix is a great track. Prince Po was supposed to play a show in town last year, but didn't make it. I was bummed. Funky Four Plus One you know makes five... I'm gonna have that line in my head all day.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

Stress to me is Hip-Hop at its pinacle.

Internal affairs was good, but not exceptional. I think people were hoping for an opus from Monch. It wasn't a terd but it wasn't up to par with the first 2 OK lp's...

The same thing kinda applies to Equinox. It was a dope album but coming after Stress, it was lil bit of a let down.

S/T put these guys in top class of mc's and (to me) conceptual artists for the genre. Stress was the climax of their career and the new ruler that OK wasto be measured by every release after seem flat in comparison.

I think if Internal Affairs and Equinox had both been release as debut albums from unknown artists, they would have been much more appreciated.

Maybe not a high number in quantity, but definitely more Blacks than White felt OK in my experiences.

All the OK shows I went to were predominately Black. I guess if I would have seen them in Australia, I would have gotten the impression that White = real.

Thanks for asking though.

• I heard 'who stole my last piece of chicken' in a skate video first. I think it was 'da deal is dead' a 'new deal' joint. I had to get the album then and had been surprised how good it fit into a britcore/hardcore set, what was the rage back then here in Germany.
    Needless to mention that most britcore wackords have left to make more space for better albums and twelves.

• Who are these dudes who get all twitted up about digable planets but can nitpick a classic LP like Stress with a straight face

Finally.

• i rememer the tour in 94 w/ them, beatnuts, artifacts, and common sense. saw the show in dc at the old 9:30 club on f st. (rip). the x-men djed between sets. it was one of those shows that really got me back into rap music. all 4 of those lps remain some of my favorite of all time.

oh yeah... common, in the middle of his set, said,"there's too many white people here." i remember being bothered by that. all he needed to say was, "there's not enough black people here."

Yup, that was the tour. Classic shit.

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    Pharaoh's verse on "Bring It On" still gives me goosebumps.

Especially the brokeback parts.

He kills that shit.

Great album though I can't stand the song with Q-Tip.

-e

• Who are these dudes who get all twitted up about digable planets but can nitpick a classic LP like Stress with a straight face

Finally.

I hate Digable but love Organized.

Is that cool with y'all?

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    Like 'em, wish someone would bootleg their "Simply II Positive" demo along with the first Phase & Rhythm 12".

If this is still needed, I can upload this. Hit me with a PM and I'll send you the link before I post it here.

Finally.

I hate Digable but love Organized.

Is that cool with y'all?

It's ok to moderately like or dislike Digable. It is not acceptable to do anything less than LOVE Organized.

It's these folls that are riding for Digable like the they're the best thing since Flash was on the beatbox...

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    Like 'em, wish someone would bootleg their "Simply II Positive" demo along with the first Phase & Rhythm 12".

If this is still needed, I can upload this. Hit me with a PM and I'll send you the link before I post it here.
    So no one wants this anymore?

• Sorry man, hadn't checked the postings in a bit.
    Thanks for offering the mp3s, I'm sure most peeps here will love 'em,
    Gotta admit that I'm fiending for vinyl bootlegs at the mo

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    Phill must be going crazy over the lack of hate in the REAL SCHITT threads this week

Naw, not going crazy... definitely confused, but not going crazy. I have given up trying to understand soulstrut views on hip hop / rap music. It is what it is... whatever the hell it is, I have no idea. Always good when people actually do recognize and appreciate THAT REAL SCHITT, though.

• Stress to me is Hip-Hop at its pinacle.

Maybe not a high number in quantity, but definitely more Blacks than White felt OK in my experiences.

and is that why you're O.K. with OK?

• Never felt OK haf as much as most people seemed to..
    Liked them enough to by their all their albums but didn???t get as much enjoyment out of them as most seemed to.
    Played Extintion Agenda the other day though and damn that shit was dark.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

Stress to me is Hip-Hop at its pinacle.

and is that why you're O.K. with OK?

Haven't there been more white people giving OK props in this thread than black?

Does this make them on some hackysack-ish?

Maybe raj can include our race as a subtitle when posting? This way we can know what's really good.