SLANG words you NEVER want to hear again

Comments

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    toss in "hella"

Unfortunately I will need electro-shock-therapy before I stop saying this word. When I'm out of the Bay for awhile it's not so bad. But I soon as I come back, it's in every other sentence.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    the bizness

holla

fa sho

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    FANY.
    FANY.
    FANY.
    FANY.
    FANY.
    FANY.
    FANY.
    FANY.
    FANY.

Seriously.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    This was a Soul Strut Hall Of Fame Classic thread, and the only reason I'm bumping this is so it'll be easier to find!!

As we all know, the SS search database is hard as hell to navigate (wasn't always like that), and the only way you can peep old threads is to search all posts from a user who has less than 1000 entries in three years!

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    DOPE

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    It was fun reading this again.

I said "tight" without even really thinking about it sometime in mid 07 and immediately got an uneasy feeling. Noone called me out but inside I knew what I had done.

But get this, dude who works with me, (he's some kind of VP of something or other, people kiss his ass) he says... are you ready *GULP...*

"gettin jiggy with it."

GETTIN JIGGY WITH IT!!! as late as last month! And on at least 3 different occasions! He's a 50 something yr old fat white man and he laughs after he says it like: "Oh man, you should've seen us! It was a blast! We were (with some weird emphasis or inflection) I>gettin jiggy with it!/I> HAHAHA"

Man that's a tough one to endure.

Oh, I say rad. I love rad.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    It was fun reading this again.

I said "tight" without even really thinking about it sometime in mid 07 and immediately got an uneasy feeling. Noone called me out but inside I knew what I had done.

But get this, dude who works with me, (he's some kind of VP of something or other, people kiss his ass) he says... are you ready *GULP...*

"gettin jiggy with it."

GETTIN JIGGY WITH IT!!! as late as last month! And on at least 3 different occasions! He's a 50 something yr old fat white man and he laughs after he says it like: "Oh man, you should've seen us! It was a blast! We were (with some weird emphasis or inflection) I>gettin jiggy with it!/I> HAHAHA"

Man that's a tough one to endure.

Oh, I say rad. I love rad.

I listed "jiggy" as a genre on a recent flyer, bringing that shit back.

DEAL.

• DongerDonger 854 Posts
    I could punch anyone that says "whatevs", or "stoops".

DEAL.

Are you a 50+ yr old white man with coke bottle glasses and a sweaty forehead?

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts

DEAL.

Are you a 50+ yr old white man with coke bottle glasses and a sweaty forehead?

Nope, just having a little fun with it that's all.

• rascmonrascmon 441 Posts
    i will always say herb, i think it's pretty amusing to hear "yeah ____ is a herb"

one thing that i will say on occasion as tribute to an old friend is "shell" for when something is shitty to the point of being ridiculous. "that dude's car is shell" anyone heard this ever? i could never tell if he got it from somewhere or just made it up.

like gnarly too. but normally limit that to talkin about synth or fuzz guitar.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    DOPE
    good luck w/ this

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    I'm starting to hear the phrase "fair enough" several times a day, and frankly, I'm tired of it.

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts

I've been saying "geet" recently.

Short for "Git'er'dun" due to my navy seal childhood friend who was visiting.

And also "sort it out" or "get'er sorted" or "sort yourself dun"

"killing it"

"raditude"

"east coast pussy with a west coast ass"

"schralp"

"broseph"

Being called "sandy" or "scrape the sand out" or

"fer'real" or "the realness" or "the truth"

"tastemaker"

This isn't even the tip of the iceburg.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    fa sho

oh fo sho, i use.

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    AWESOME! that shit played out in the 80s... rad too.

but then i am known to drop hecka hellas, and hella heckas. too deeply imbedded in my vocab now. also, i've been known to drop a "bitchin" from time to time. fresh and dope and joint(s) and fer real and the occasional ontheferilly...

WORD - not so much the word word or the slang use of word but i HATE getting texts that just say... WORD. can we ban these texts?

• "Say word!"

what the fuck am i supposed to say tot that shit? am i suppose actually say "word"? i mean here you are asking me to say "word"? what the fuck for? i don't get that shit at all.... get that shit the fuck out of here... keep that shit in NY don't bring that shit out here... shit don't even sound right. "say word" how about say "i'll bash your Frickin' skull if you ask me to say that faiggy-ass shit".

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    but then i am known to drop hecka hellas, and hella heckas. too deeply imbedded in my vocab now.

If you live in the Bay I don't know how you can live without hella/hecka

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    "asshat", a phrase for jack holes.

• but then i am known to drop hecka hellas, and hella heckas. too deeply imbedded in my vocab now.

"Hecka", really?

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    I'm starting to hear the phrase "fair enough" several times a day, and frankly, I'm tired of it.

That doesn't even seem like slang so much as an everyday phrase.

• Grilled.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    but then i am known to drop hecka hellas, and hella heckas. too deeply imbedded in my vocab now.

"Hecka", really?

Hecka is for the kids mostly. Still alive and well at the school that I teach at.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts

That doesn't even seem like slang so much as an everyday phrase.

Fair enough.

• kwalitykwality 620 Posts
    I make music with a friend who's really into dubstep, and some of the vocabulary is kinda funny. I don't mind it per se, but I'm never sure whether I should dip into it when speaking with him. Seen, safe, truss, bo etc. all get an airing and I'm not that comfortable dropping them.

I've never been a fan of bro.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    bro

My Dad and my tios say this all the time. Not in the frat boy way though.

[i]??Hey que pajo, bro!

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    "Okay, we'll touch base."

• Options
    Not Audi 5000. Its still dear to me after all these years.

im swayze,
    eggplant x.

• Options
    Fierce.