SLANG words you NEVER want to hear again

Comments

• mallardmallard 452 Posts
    I don't know if it's considered slang or not, but I want to shoot the guy who came up with 'metrosexual'.

dood. grab some earl grey and chill on the shooting people business for a minute.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    i hear YOU GO GIRL[/b] in the office all the time. cringeworthy to the fullest

Anything adopted by old folks so quickly must be abandoned with the quickness

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    I don't know if it's considered slang or not, but I want to shoot the guy who came up with 'metrosexual'.

Yeah, that one grates my on nerves too.

A lot of slang words that have been flamed so far in this thread are used on the regular by people on this board, and I suspect many of the next posts will add on to this verbal genocide.

"Hells naw, chillax dood ??? we spell rad with a double-d, so dat shit don't count, yo!" [/b]

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    How do you all feel about "supertastic" ?

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    "weak sauce"

and other frat boy delights.

-e

whaaat!?!?!

weaksauce is fratty? what about hot sauce

i hate boo bigtime

• i hear YOU GO GIRL[/b] in the office all the time. cringeworthy to the fullest

Is it used in the context of telling the hairy gastro girl you work with to leave the room with her stank ass?

• I'm all for regional slang, but calling a dude a "bol" is something that I still can't get with.

:::cringe:::

I dont think that is exactly "slang" as much as it is a way country dudes just happen to say the word "boy."

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I think I still use every term listed in here on a fairly regular basis

Except for "cool beans" - I absolutely HATE that one, although I don't
    think I have ever heard a male say it, only girls...if I ever heard it come out of
    a dude's mouth, I'm not sure how I would respond, but it would probably be violent...

And I hate it when people use "random" as some kind of catchall adjective -
    like "oh my god, hearing "Total Eclipse of the Heart" on the way to
    work today was so RANDOM"

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    "weak sauce"

"cool beans"

Those are 2 of my favorites

DJ "Frat Boy" Ferrari

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    "weak sauce"

-e

whaaat!?!?!

weaksauce is fratty? what about hot sauce

i hate boo bigtime

Maybe it's not, but I definitely associate it with this corny sorority girl who also said "cool beans" which was the most infuriating thing ever. What the hell are "cool beans" (not like my slang makes any sense)?!

"Boo" is wack... unless it's someone calling you it.

-e

• hey i got a question.

remember when everything was "herb"? like he got "herb'd" or whatevers. yeah, i aint never heard nobody say that out in the real world. so im wondering, was that a east coast wigger thing. has anyone on the west coast ever heard or used the word "herb"? and im not talking "herb" with the silent h you know slang for weed or whatevers. no im talking about herb as in herbie luv bug. i would give a better etymology but since ive never used it, nor have i ever heard anyone use it, i cant really put it into context.

ps
    some of youz are overusing the word "disrispecfellatin" and/or misspelling it. wwpbbd?

• lets go "hit up that place." but a friend saying "hit me up" is ok. but a friend who is a girl saying "hit me up," sounds terrible. She might as well be wearing a hip hop hat.

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts

dood. grab some earl grey and chill on the shooting people business for a minute.

I actually read recently that the guy who came up with this word (a writer/reporter) now actually REALLY regrets inventing it - he himself cringes when someone mentions it.

• will one of you herbs plaese respond to my question.

did i use that right?

She might as well be wearing a hip hop hat.

Where can I get one of those?

• She might as well be wearing a hip hop hat.

Where can I get one of those?

pm me your addy and you can have mine

• chasechase 767 Posts
    "son" and "be"

I know this guy from bx who is always dropping the son's and be's when he is talking to this other cat that is from ny.. "naw son, shit was ill be"

thing is, he dosnt talk that way to anyone else and we all live in Florida...

remember when everything was "herb"? like he got "herb'd" or whatevers. yeah, i aint never heard nobody say that out in the real world. so im wondering, was that a east coast wigger thing.

my lame ex-boyfriend used that a lot, and i guess you could say that he has mild wigger attributes

• remember when everything was "herb"? like he got "herb'd" or whatevers. yeah, i aint never heard nobody say that out in the real world. so im wondering, was that a east coast wigger thing.

my lame ex-boyfriend used that a lot, and i guess you could say that he has mild wigger attributes
    FACE![/b]

i happen to like the word face, fyi.

• chasechase 767 Posts
    will one of you herbs plaese respond to my question.

did i use that right?

yeah, a herb is like a nerd..

like "dude dresses like a herb"

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

did i use that right?

Remember the Burger king Or wendy's where HERB campaign?

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts

laters!

• will one of you herbs plaese respond to my question.

From what I know, "herb" in the man, that cat is a herb sense of the word originated in NY. I never thought of it as being wigger slang though. I heard it on records way before I ever heard any white boys saying it.

I'm on the West Coast and it was definitely being used prominantly in the mid-nineties. I still use it myself sometimes. Something about it just seems to describe one who's foolish* with such eloquence.

*also see; mark, buster, trick, mark-ass-buster, mark-ass-trick

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

did i use that right?

I like "herb/herb'd" as an alternative to "sonn'd!"

but it's not what it used to be after esoteric did an entire song about it.

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    I call people "herbs" all the time.

One can say I have "wigger tendencies" too though.

-e

i think 'sucka duck' is stupid

• you know what I cannot stand? "Suck my dick" or any of its derivatives. Its incredibly fucked up. It makes girls (and boys) feel bad about a blowjob. It creates this power domination thing which sucks(ha). Every woman (and gay man) will felate and should do so without shame. Blowjobs are wonderful things and should be praised not ridiculed.

• you know what I cannot stand? "Suck my dick" or any of its derivatives. Its incredibly fucked up. It makes girls (and boys) feel bad about a blowjob. It creates this power domination thing which sucks(ha). Every woman (and gay man) will felate and should do so without shame. Blowjobs are wonderful things and should be praised not ridiculed.
    interesting view point...

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    chilaxin is funny in a sad way (why...?)

My sister says chill-ghet (in french )

There are all the ones from older people ''hey champ'' or for the ladies ''shut up tuts''

Not a good look and step my/your game uphave entered my lexicon thanks to the strut

I once saw one of my expression spread like wildfire through my class than school and conincedently (i work with kids from the same school) bridge the generation gap
    Its kinda scary

In quebec we have a lot of ''wigger tendencies'' Mon patnet (haitian slang for my ni99a'') is dropped a lot never a good look
    Also verlan abuse is horrible (french heads know)

scagnasty