SLANG words you NEVER want to hear again

Comments

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts

I once saw one of my expression spread like wildfire through my class than school and conincedently (i work with kids from the same school) bridge the generation gap

So what was the expression?

• oh, id like to take a moment and revisit my distaste of the "hip hop handshake". man, i hate that crap. im sorry, i know some of youz ive met have come at me with the secret handshake but im always unsure on how to finish that one off. and just the other day, my good homey ugly #2 gave gave me the ali g clenched fist thing and i didnt know what the fuck to do with that shit so i just slapped it out of my way and gave my mans a hug. so, just a fair warning, you put out some weird hip hop handshake thing to me, imma get all grandma on you and give you a hug. that is all.

• oh, id like to take a moment and revisit my distaste of the "hip hop handshake". man, i hate that crap. im sorry, i know some of youz ive met have come at me with the secret handshake but im always unsure on how to finish that one off. and just the other day, my good homey ugly #2 gave gave me the ali g clenched fist thing and i didnt know what the fuck to do with that shit so i just slapped it out of my way and gave my mans a hug. so, just a fair warning, you put out some weird hip hop handshake thing to me, imma get all grandma on you and give you a hug. that is all.
    sorta like whether or not to bump closed fists at the end. someone always gets left hanging, then the other dude sees this and tries to make it up by extending a closed fist, and the whole thing makes them both feel akward and uncomfortable.

• toss in "hella"

That was amusing like 20 years ago when it was a bay phenomenon.

when my wife taught elementary school in SF all her kids would say "hecka"...to see a bunch of 9 year olds going around saying "hecka" was phat.

I mean the bomb

FUCK

• when my wife taught elementary school in SF all her kids would say "hecka"...to see a bunch of 9 year olds going around saying "hecka" was phat.

Ha! I'll cosign this...I taught theatre for a summer in Oakland, and all the kids were saying "hecka" because they weren't allowed to swear. Brings me back every time.

While I'm at it, I'm all for "weak sauce," and "herb," especially the latter. What a perfect description. Along with "Herb," wasn't "Mel," used in a similar way, like, "He's a Mel."

As for Hip hop slang and its aging, "Keep it real," always kind of bugged me. Especially after Republican candidate for Senator Rick Lazio used it as a campaign slogan when running against Hillary Clinton. I almost drove off the road when I saw that bumper sticker.

the co-opting of hip hop slang by country artists is its own thread. see: Alan Jackson's, "How do you like me now?"

• HamHam 872 Posts
    theres a whole chapter on slang in the wu-tang manual. nice.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    I personally can't believe DUDE lasted as long as it has. No end in sight in trying to stop that word for forever.

- spidey

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I personally can't believe DUDE lasted as long as it has. No end in sight in trying to stop that word for forever.

- spidey

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    "son" and "be"

I know this guy from bx who is always dropping the son's and be's when he is talking to this other cat that is from ny.. "naw son, shit was ill be"

thing is, he dosnt talk that way to anyone else and we all live in Florida...

its just b [/nitpick]

• i can't stand how everything is "hot" these days. when i was at the chicago art institute a few months ago, some herb was standing in front of a painting with his boo and all he could say was, "that's hot."

• RezRez 164 Posts
    Shiznit...

always.... - who still drops it in? Come ON!!

Rez

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts

- spidey

- spidey

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

- spidey

- spidey

lol - i have no good excuse. i'm stuck in Fast Times at Ridgemont High.

- spidey

wow, you just brought back some long-repressed memories...

i also might add

"peacey-weace" (popular for too long after the J5 renaissance)

"moated" - i'm on the fence whether this one belongs here or in the other thread

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    i also might add

"moated" - i'm on the fence whether this one belongs here or in the other thread

I'm thinking these might only exist in your

i also might add

WHAT J-5 renaissance?

• peacey weace is the worst thing i've heard yhet.

as far as phrases go "rock out with your cock out" is my least favorite.

cool beans is tied with peacy weace.

i'll add

hoss

• tits (in place of sweet)

i've used this a helluvalot ironically, but even that is super dangerous.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

however you spell it, that word is a classic. so is face/faced.

I still say shit is "rad", but I just can't stop saying it. "RADD" on the otherhand is just fucking stupid.

I use the word Herb all the time now, and I actually picked it up on here after "Raj Is A Herb" and "You herbs are so full of shit", it officially entered my lexicon.

People in SoCal say "sick" allll the time, so as hard as I tried to resist it I found myself saying it. So I decided to find another word to replace it, and I chose "boner", and now I do use that instead, although pretty much everybody except HJ looks at me like an idoit.

I say "dude" and "awesome" all the time in real life, but I don't really care.

I will never ever ever say hecka or hella. remember when cartman was saying "hella" on southpark? that shit was so funny.

I still say "dope" and "fresh" and other hip hop slang that is 20 years out of date.

I pronouce please as "plaze" in real life because thats what "plaese" sounds like in my head.

Sometimes I say "whuskey" instead of "whiskey" because of a Sons Of The Pioneers song.

I should probable stop saying "crippled H Christ on a crutch" because I'm sure thats pretty offensive.

I say "fuck a duck" because I saw it on Fritz the Cat.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    tits (in place of sweet)

I saw that on south park and thought it was hilarious. i've never heard it used in the real world.

• tits (in place of sweet)

i like "tits". my dead head friend the other day used the phrase "trippin balls" which i, not being a dead head, have never heard and thoroughly enjoyed the phattness of that phrase.

dizzy, what's up with the laffy taffy remix? is it done yet?

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts

i like "tits". my dead head friend the other day used the phrase "trippin balls" which i, not being a dead head, have never heard and thoroughly enjoyed the phattness of that phrase.

have you peeped this Choose Your Own Adventure book?

classic

i also might add

WHAT J-5 renaissance?
    1998. i first heard peacey weace from a couple east coast girls so i knew this was potentially nationwide. it is thankfully officially dead now. i am sorry i brought it up.

• you know what I cannot stand? "Suck my dick" or any of its derivatives. Its incredibly fucked up. It makes girls (and boys) feel bad about a blowjob. It creates this power domination thing which sucks(ha). Every woman (and gay man) will felate and should do so without shame. Blowjobs are wonderful things and should be praised not ridiculed.

anyways, I am not feeling 'groovy' anymore. I always feel like it's used by square white folks trying to be hip.

and I don't agree with the 'hella' comment, seeing as it always has been and always will be a bay phenomenon. That's like saying "'wicked pissah' was cool 20 years ago when it was a Boston phenomenon"

• i like "tits". my dead head friend the other day used the phrase "trippin balls" which i, not being a dead head, have never heard and thoroughly enjoyed the phattness of that phrase.

have you peeped this Choose Your Own Adventure book?

classic

TRIPINDICULAR[/b]

i also might add

WHAT J-5 renaissance?

1998. i first heard peacey weace from a couple east coast girls so i knew this was potentially nationwide. it is thankfully officially dead now. i am sorry i brought it up.

Oh, I wasn't trying to son you or anything, I just don't recall any Jackson Five resurgence. Maybe on the East Coast, there was; not saying you were wrong or anything. It's all good.

Just look at me, talkin' that Soul Strut shit! You hear what I say? "Not trying to 'son' you!" Heh, heh![/b]

I just don't recall any Jackson Five resurgence.

ha! i was talking about

maybe peacey-weace would have been less annoying if it had come from the jacksons!

• "Rad"

i use this word a lot.

ditto. it's second only to "fresh" and "ill" in my positive adjective lexicon.

• I call people "herbs" all the time.

One can say I have "wigger tendencies" too though.

-e