SLANG words you NEVER want to hear again

Comments

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    I just don't recall any Jackson Five resurgence.

ha! i was talking about (Jurassic 5)

Heh, heh - it dawned on me that you may have meant another J5, but like my friend John sez, in his world there's only one Elvis (Presley, not Costello) and only one Heartbreakers (Johnny Thunders', not Tom Petty's). No offense to any Jurassic 5 fans, but to me the only J-5 who deserves that nickname is the group with Tito and his brothers!

• shitzrshitzr 648 Posts
    tight

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    there's only one Elvis (Presley, not Costello)

Thats for damn sure!

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    I just don't recall any Jackson Five resurgence.

ha! i was talking about (Jurassic 5)
    No offense to any Jurassic 5 fans...

i think zero people were just offended

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    tits (in place of sweet)

i've used this a helluvalot ironically, but even that is super dangerous.

i like "tits". my dead head friend the other day used the phrase "trippin balls" which i, not being a dead head, have never heard and thoroughly enjoyed the phattness of that phrase.

dizzy, what's up with the laffy taffy remix? is it done yet?

Yes, it found its way to the bottom of this thread, along with discussing the word "ponce".

http://soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=crates&Number=566711&page=2&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=7&fpart=all

SIGH.

• Don't know if this has been mentioned before, but I always hated the word stoked.

Always been more of a geeked or amped sorta guy I guess.

• funny, I use "geeking" in place of "tripping." "gurping" also. "Man, you're gurping telling me ghost is a better producer than edan."

• ryanryan 334 Posts
    "bitchin'"

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    "What the up my trigga!"

Please let's stop this one before it starts.

- spidey

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

I once saw one of my expression spread like wildfire through my class than school and conincedently (i work with kids from the same school) bridge the generation gap

So what was the expression?

Rat: a scavanger (always asking for shit) or general ruiner of situations

derivative verb Ratting

examples
    The guy had 98% and went to see the teacher to rat more points
    Stop ratting fodd when you come to my house
    Did you see that blantant cheap shot in the hockey game that was so rat

It does not sound marvelous on papaer but it filled a hole in quebec french/english vocab that has been filled by this etymilogical concoction

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    "chillaxin"

Which, unbelieveable as it is that certain people actually used it to begin with, I actually saw in use TWICE on myspace last week.

Braux_Rillz just typed this to me last week.

But shit, it's Braux_Rillz...I heard he still uses words like "mackadocious."

Herm

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    "chillaxin"

Which, unbelieveable as it is that certain people actually used it to begin with, I actually saw in use TWICE on myspace last week.

He gets a pass simply for his fashion sense. If there ever was an appropriate use of "chillaxin," this would be it:

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    "chillaxin"

I learned that from james--I actually thought he made it up...

• "moated" - i'm on the fence whether this one belongs here or in the other thread

Ha ha, me and my wife started saying Moated (sp?) a lot recently. I don't think either of us know exactly what it means but we like the way it sounds. I like Herb a lot too. I've been saying that for years and years. I didn't realize that was more of an East Coast thing. As far as hella and hecka, I never heard those until I moved to Santa Cruz in 2000. Those always bothered me but I have caught myself saying them on a couple occasions. Did people ever use "Shook" interchangeably with Herb? I can't remember if that was just something we started saying when I went to school at New Paltz or if that is actual slang.

• Just thought of one I could never stand: Diesel. Even though it became so pervasive that it ended up in my vocab.

• A lot of these words I never thought of as slang. Then when I'm talking "normal" to some random white guy, I get a lot of "what?", and "What does that mean?", then I'm shocked because I really thought everybody knew as common language.

As far as some of the mentioned words, I lived in the O back in the hella hayday so I say hella to old ladies and I call pretty much anyone "dude", woman and man alike, regardless of age. I also say rad. Always have even before the 80's came back. I say, "herb" and "mark" and "buster" and I say "fat" when referring to a thick bass sound.

I'm kinda bummed that I never really uses "bambazee" when i had the chance.

I also use "calo" words when required.

• As far as some of the mentioned words, I lived in the O back in the hella hayday so I say hella to old ladies and I call pretty much anyone "dude", woman and man alike, regardless of age. I also say rad. Always have even before the 80's came back. I say, "herb" and "mark" and "buster" and I say "fat" when referring to a thick bass sound.

• As far as some of the mentioned words, I lived in the O back in the hella hayday so I say hella to old ladies and I call pretty much anyone "dude", woman and man alike, regardless of age. I also say rad. Always have even before the 80's came back. I say, "herb" and "mark" and "buster" and I say "fat" when referring to a thick bass sound.

Talk to the hand.

OK I never said that.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

cool beans

I remember my wife said that when we first started dating. I was like "wha? ...cool bea....wha??? Did you just say 'cool beans'?". I had never heard that before and never want to hear it again.

That has to be the corniest sounding wonder-slang of all time.

Wait, it might be tied with "the cats pajamas".

Those both bother me equally.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    "Sweet!"

and its retarded cousin

"Schweet!"

Ugh.

HAHAHAHAHA.

I have yet to hear "what it do" in the real world. am i a nerd?!

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    I PRETTY MUCH USE ALL OF THESE EVERYDAY EVERY SECOND OF MY LIFE IN EVERY SITUATION TALKING TO OLDER HOTTIES OR DEALING RECORDS TO JAPANESE. SLANG WORDS ARE THE WHIPPED CREAM TO THE CHOCO CAKE. DEAL WITH IT, FOLLS. FANY FOR LIFE R.I.P. FANY.

• TSGTSG 274 Posts
    i also might add

"peacey-weace" (popular for too long after the J5 renaissance)

I'm thinking these might only exist in your

WHAT J-5 renaissance?

1998. i first heard peacey weace from a couple east coast girls so i knew this was potentially nationwide. it is thankfully officially dead now. i am sorry i brought it up.
    wow. from the sausage gut interlude? are you making this up??

i also hate the hip hop handshake at times and the white cat with hip hop friends overly aggressive slap and then fist combo...

suburbanite phillies asking me where i stay at...?

what's good?

holla. i use that as a salutation in a semi-ironic fashion but even that's played now.

that's hot...i still use cold as hell due to the chicago locale.

someone said tight---i still like that one for some reason. maybe because it just slips out as i revert to pullover SDSU starter jackets in my head.

someone pls explain 'moated.'

• TSGTSG 274 Posts
    also

hatters and schitt need to go.

• autezautez 404 Posts
    also

hatters and schitt need to go.

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    FANY.
    FANY.
    FANY.
    FANY.
    FANY.
    FANY.
    FANY.
    FANY.
    FANY.

• edubedub 715 Posts
    CHEDDAR...

seriously, wtf is this about?

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    "chillaxin"

Bernie Mac's been using it on his teevee show for a long time, thats where I got it...

• mallardmallard 452 Posts
    what's good?

the first time someone said this to me it totally caught me off guard. i had no clue how to respond so i took it literally and basically started going over my top 5's. this is not how you get respect people, lesson learnt.

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    "chillaxin"

Bernie Mac's been using it on his teevee show for a long time, thats where I got it...

I think I got it from a 2MEX interview or something.

Re: slang innovation/perpetration:

Not too long ago, I was within earshot of a gaggle of advanced-degree "University-affiliated" folks who were taking turns greeting each other very noisily and with the most obnoxious kind of blaccented brinksmanship imaginable. Like, "Wassup, my man?!" was answered by "Wassup, my main?!" which begat "Wassup, my mayng?!", bottoming out with--although, somewhat appallingly, not stopping with--"Wassup my Mengele?!" As they subsequently Abercrombied-and-Fitched their way down the sidewalk (like, four abreast, of course--Jesus, boys, act like you've been outside before), kid was like "'Mengele'--dood, that's so rah [that's Chicago for raw]...I'ma use that! You just know Craig'll hate that shit! Know what I mean? You know how he is, right?"

Honest to Godwin, it was almost enough to make me skip the "Straight-Thuggin Ghetto Party." But I already had my "bling" and everything all hooked up already, so, you know...

• "'Mengele'--dood, that's so rah [that's Chicago for raw]...I'ma use that! You just know Craig'll hate that shit! Know what I mean? You know how he is, right?"[/b]

[that's Chicago for Jew]