Waxidermy.com

hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
http://waxidermy.comThis a new website that Slavin & I have been working on. I know the link has made it around here over the last month, and it's already indexed by google, but it's now "open". This is going to be the hip new online database for realheadz - so get with it, folls! there are about 75 reviews up now, some with audio, all with nice pics. Canonical's folkwaysAlive pics now live here, as well as Reynaldo's "buying guide" - which will no doubt "change the game???" forever.GIANT props to Slavin for the lovely design & serious work he's done. This site would not exist were it not for him. And to Breakshelf for the name, which is perfect! Also to MoroccoMole, Bigspliff, Noz, Dan95005, Canonical, Reynaldo, GIR & themack who have all done reviews to help get this started.If any of you are interested in contributing please holler at Slavin or myself.

Comments

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    the hip new online database for realheadz[/b]

- slikk! I feel hipper already.

Looks real nice Mr. Crink. Are you open for contributions of That Weird Schitt? Might have some strange stuff to add.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

Are you open for contributions of That Weird Schitt? Might have some strange stuff to add.

Always

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    SUPERSICCWIDIT

IT PLAN ON CONTRIBUTING ONE A DAY LIKE THE SUPPLEMENT VITAMIN NO POLITICO WHEN I GET BACK TO SD

DEAL WITH IT

LOVELY,
    M

PETER DAVISON WANKING AND MOLE IS COUGHING IN THE SHOWER OH SCHNAAAAPS
    LOL

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
    it looks great. I can't wait to check out the audio on some of those.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts

AHHHSOME!

• Nice job guys!

• edubedub 715 Posts
    congratz guys... that site is really something... wish I could contribute something "Real Head"-ish

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    dude, site & execution is great!
    The name is great too
    Congrats and congrats on actually following through on your idea (my idea to follow through ratio is not a high as I'd like it to be .35)
    I like Reynaldo's album ratings section as well, kind of like the astute wine reviewer's corner.
    I'll plan on contributing as well.

Rock on

Things are going to start happening to you now

I like Reynaldo's album ratings section as well, kind of like the astute wine reviewer's corner.

he will enjoy this.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Damn man... you should have talked to me... it's pretty much what I'm doing to ss right now. Is there a soul strut any more?

Things are going to start happening to you now

hahaha!!!

yeah, finding the site through Google was totaly like - "the new phone book is here!"

• PROPER!

Damn man... you should have talked to me... it's pretty much what I'm doing to ss right now. Is there a soul strut any more?

We are mearly, like, spawn of Soulstrut... like "The Ropers" to the Strut's mighty "Three's Company".

• Very nice, fellas.

• i fully endorse this website!

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Reynaldo's Price Guide: uh oh

Then again:

"(Also: If you buy an LP on this list on my advice on eBay and it is rated 8 or higher, and you don???t like it as much as I suggest you should, and would like to sell it, I will buy it from you at the price you paid if you provide me with a link to the ended auction, proof that you were the winner, and if the record is in the right condition.)"

• I CANT BELIEVE THE SPONTANEOUS SOUND GUY'S SON FOUND HIS WAY TO THE SITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then again:

"(Also: If you buy an LP on this list on my advice on eBay and it is rated 8 or higher, and you don???t like it as much as I suggest you should, and would like to sell it, I will buy it from you at the price you paid if you provide me with a link to the ended auction, proof that you were the winner, and if the record is in the right condition.)"

yes, his money back garantee is my favorite part.

I CANT BELIEVE THE SPONTANEOUS SOUND GUY'S SON FOUND HIS WAY TO THE SITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know! I was buggin' out about that yesterday.

I CANT BELIEVE THE SPONTANEOUS SOUND GUY'S SON FOUND HIS WAY TO THE SITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Google is some powerful shit. I've been contacted by a few totally random people thanks to my Soul-Sides.com site, including the son of guitarist Eddie Fisher, the niece of one of members of Third Wave, and a woman who shares the same hairdresser as Linda Lyndell.

• edubedub 715 Posts
    Then again:

• I CANT BELIEVE THE SPONTANEOUS SOUND GUY'S SON FOUND HIS WAY TO THE SITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Google is some powerful shit. I've been contacted by a few totally random people thanks to my Soul-Sides.com site, including the son of guitarist Eddie Fisher, the niece of one of members of Third Wave, and a woman who shares the same hairdresser as Linda Lyndell.

Thats nuts, but do people really just google their relatives every couple of weeks and see what comes up? I guess they do.

• da bomb

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Crink, I've been busy lately and sick but soon enough I'm gonna do some more reviews. I found at least a dozen face melters this weekend, the weirdest being my new favorite new age record done by a blind lady! Sites looking rad guys, keep up the good work.

new age record done by a blind lady!

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I've done BEEN hanging out at Waxidermy, but let me say for the
    record - you guys are killin' it!!

You also work faster than most of my friends/associates - when you put up the
    "who wants to review records" thread, I was like, "yeah, I'll get in on that...
    in 3 months when it's up..." but 2 weeks later it's up and looks like it's been around for years!

Many fany reviews coming soon from this man...believe dat.

• nice site!

Sound files = taking this to the next level.

Hmm...we should collabo perhaps. This is great site but THEMACK needs to step up his review game.

• Then again:

somebody should remake the baller graemlin with reynaldos head in there. i mean whenever i see the baller graemlin i always thinks it's reynaldo since they both dress the same.

• but THEMACK needs to step up his review game.

jeez Oliver, the kid is like 18.... it's not like he went to school to write about music...

Tres little dude. Pick on someone your own size (or rather, someone of your own academic level)