Waxidermy.com

124»

Comments

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    one more request...a reggae section???

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

sounds good to me.

• one more request...a reggae section???

sounds good to me.

This isn't ideal taxonomy if there is already a Latin/Caribbean. So calypso will go with latin but ska with reggae? what is the definition of reggae here? Jamaican music? I... see... imperfection, duckies fallin' out of line.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

sounds good to me.

This isn't ideal taxonomy if there is already a Latin/Caribbean. So calypso will go with latin but ska with reggae? what is the definition of reggae here? Jamaican music? I... see... imperfection, duckies fallin' out of line.

Reynaldo doesn't listen to calypso. Is any of that stuff even worth money?

sounds good to me.

Well you can list albums in multiple categories. To me reggae/dub/dancehall is pretty distinctly different than "Latin" music.

sounds good to me.

Reynaldo doesn't listen to calypso. Is any of that stuff even worth money?

If it was comped within the last 2 years, Reynaldo will own all the ogs in the next 2. He will then precipitate a collapse in gold label Fania stock.

sounds good to me.

Well you can list albums in multiple categories. To me reggae/dub/dancehall is pretty distinctly different than "Latin" music.

There's gonna be Dancehall on there?? I was talking about old records like ska and calypso, which is more related to latin jazz and cumbia - hence Latin/Caribbean as a category in the first place.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    you guys are confusing me - I know nothing about this shit. How should the genres go? keeping in mind things can be listed in two genres at once - EI: Soul/funk, jazz = "souljazz"

sounds good to me.

There's gonna be Dancehall on there?? I was talking about old records like ska and calypso, which is more related to latin jazz and cumbia - hence Latin/Caribbean as a category in the first place.

Well since ska and calypso aren't reggae, they don't have to go in the reggae section. Or they can! Crazy!