Ghostface "Fish Scale" Album Cover:

Comments

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    Oh. okay... you're talking about the speed of the track. I was just talking about the overall sound, in comparison to what I thought was the much more popular hyphy and snap and trap music styles of today. I dunno, man, i don't even think about schitt like that. I'm an old head, BITD muthafuckas rapped to fast schitt, slow schitt, whatever... just so long as it was THAT REAL SCHITT???. Hmmm, maybe somebody out there who listens to a lot of underground rap can name some recent tracks where dudes are rapping to fast beats. I have no idea. I see what you're saying though. I think. I'll learn eventually...

well phill i think you're kind of getting at my point, i feel a lot of the real schitt underground rappers are very unidimensional and have this idealistic REAL SCHITT formula they stick to for 70 minutes. more often than not the end result seems both contrived and boring. these dudes can't (or don't) rap fast. they can't (or don't) write great stories, etc., etc. ghost's REAL SCHITT is more varied, more organic and simultaneously experimental. all this despite being very much an ode to the "golden era." it's not that we (collectively speaking for the real schitt hatters of the world) are giving ghost more lenience merely because he is ghost, it's because he really takes it somewhere else completely, while working with similar ideals.

i guess what i'm saying is that he upholds the ideals of the "golden era"/real schitt/true school without sticking so rigidly to the (percieved and detrimental) formula.

I think I get your point. Your theory is that most of the real schitt hatters on SS do not like the late 90's-to-the-present backpack / Rawkus / coffeehouse-dude version of the real schitt as oppossed to the REAL real schitt from the golden era, which Ghost represents much more authentically, am I correct? If this is the case then I understand completely and am in agreement (to a point, anyway- I definitely think there are some exceptions to this, some modern day real schitters who are damn nice with it).

But PLEASE let us not turn this into another real schitt vs whatever SS beef (I mean, really, PLEASE let us not). The bottom line is that Ghost is just nice as hell with the rhyme schitt and in my opinion has the best ear out of any rapper living when it comes to picking beats. I am just glad to see dudes on here who love Stark's music... let's me know the world hasn't gone totally mad.

• edan

I like edan, but SERIOUSLY NOW

put a wig on the gecko and you're getting there.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts

GHOSTDINI[/b]

vs.

EVERYONE ELSE COMBINED INTO ONE SMALL LIZARD[/b]

• I do have some good news:

I saved a lot of money on backpackers insurance.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Ok, so i'm "new" to post here, so forgive the random intrusion, but how can ANYONE put Ghost and Edan in the same sentence even? Seriously, that's silly.

From ANY angle you check from, Ghost is runnin circles around Edan. I guess an argument can be made that Edan is more pregressive in regards to beats, but then again, Ghost has to appeal to a much wider audience, so i'm sure he can't get as Ghost as even he'd like... But as far as "commercial"/"mainstream" music, Ghost is pretty damn progressive.

To even compare them lyrically is a waste.

I'm heated by this comparison, and i'm an Edan fan.

I just wanted to say this is a great first post.

Other than that, this thread is madness and I am $5000 loveseat outtahere.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    why is this ghost v. edan conversation even happening ...I'm baffled. Yall are sounding like insane little dudes.

ghostdini

vs.

edan

I can't say I disagree with this, but I do think that Edan would win in an off the dome battle. I'm not talking gold records, influence or whatever. I'm talking about 2 emcees, a mic, & a crowd. & Edan's style is made for that. Ghostface does not sound like a freestyle emcee. That's all I'm saying. I don't know how this discussion began, but there should be a thread about who'd beat who in a freestyle battle. I bet there would be some interesting discussions on that topic!

I also think that Grand Daddy I.U may beat them both. He sounds like a dude who could kill you with rhymes.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    why is this ghost v. edan conversation even happening ...I'm baffled. Yall are sounding like insane little dudes.

ghostdini

vs.

edan

Ghostface does not sound like a freestyle emcee. That's all I'm saying.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

ghostdini

vs.

edan

He's no busy bee...

• TSGTSG 274 Posts
    carp is one of the illest fishes to be mentioned in a rap jam. i think mc player dissed an imaginary opponent in one of his songs by calling him a carp and i laughed.

i'm actually looking forward to getting this album. it's one of those 'pay no attention to the hatters and pick this schitt up regardless' albulations.

and i love that freddie foxxx line. ne-1 listen to wu-tang's first joint recently? ghost's delivery is mad fiery...more than i even remembered.

i would fork over some snoops to see edan and ghostface perform together...a battle would be entertaining but toney would be triumphant because any time he would say something ill the impact would be that much more severe...

and the cover is

always has good titles though.

• Ok, so i'm "new" to post here, so forgive the random intrusion, but how can ANYONE put Ghost and Edan in the same sentence even? Seriously, that's silly.

From ANY angle you check from, Ghost is runnin circles around Edan. I guess an argument can be made that Edan is more pregressive in regards to beats, but then again, Ghost has to appeal to a much wider audience, so i'm sure he can't get as Ghost as even he'd like... But as far as "commercial"/"mainstream" music, Ghost is pretty damn progressive.

To even compare them lyrically is a waste.

I'm heated by this comparison, and i'm an Edan fan.

I just wanted to say this is a great first post.

Other than that, this thread is madness and I am $5000 loveseat outtahere.

Thanks and cosign the madness.

• a lot of nonsense has been dropped in this thread, but I don't think ANYONE was "hating" on Ghost.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Dude, don't take everything I write serious.

• Dude, don't take everything I write serious.

no danger of that, O!

• as of late ghostface is fucking .... pretty much anything his touch turns to gold!!! No comparing!he's

• rascmonrascmon 441 Posts

Honestly, Ghost could rap about stamp collecting and make it sound like the freshest shit ever.

i got the cheesyfaced lincoln
    louisa may alcott look stinkin
    son my elvis memorial been cut with a laser
    got more licks in my book than joe frazier

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

this cover is corny

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts

this cover is corny

I actually think it is a really dope cover.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

dope !!

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS IS THE SHIT THAT I LOVE!!!!

what loop is that?? it sounds SO familiar....

FUCK. I CAN'T WAIT TILL THIS COMES OUT.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts

THAT REAL SCHITT!

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts

THAT REAL SCHITT!
    COUNT GHOSTULA

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

this cover is corny

Yeah--so much worse than this classic example of the rap album cover as high art:

• i was never able to determine what it was rae and ghost were cooking up here.

...besides, of course, "that mahvalous schitt."

• E_DailyE_Daily 812 Posts

I NEED THIS ALBUM IN MY LIFE ASAP

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="http://soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/dopoll.php">INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="pollname" VALUE="1138145608SoulOnIce">

HAZ Said This Because:[/b]
    He Doesn't Know What "Freestyle" Means
    He Has Never Actually Heard Ghostface Rhyme
    He Is Just Fucking With Us, Seeing How Many Graemlins People Will Bust Out
    He Has Been Huffing Paint Thinner For The Past 4 Days

INPUT TYPE=Submit NAME=Submit VALUE="Submit vote" class="buttons">

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

I liked the other one better

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

i was never able to determine what it was rae and ghost were cooking up here.

...besides, of course, "that mahvalous schitt."

Generally it is assumed i believe that they would be cooking up some crack cocaine. But I cant really see the picture too well. Probably something meant to imply that they are in fact cooking up that raw.

I am completely lost with the fishscale thing. but i think it sounds cool, which is basicly what ghostface does.