What are you listening to right now?

13»

Comments

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Damn, everybodys listening to some good stuff. I'm here at the Warwick hotel in NYC while my dad and I are selling belts in the executive suite.

Like belts you use to hold your pants up?

You guys make custom fine belts or something? That sounds pretty interesting (seriously).

Yeah, we design and sell belts for the premium jean stores and better specialty stores all around the world. The newest line is musical tribute belts now with tributes to soul, jazz, blues, reggae, hip hop, and others. They are screen printed onto the leather and then brought through a process that vintages them to look like they've been around a while. Check out this tribute to soul sisters
    Image hosting by Photobucket

I think I just heard Braux Rillz interest deflate.

Herm

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

My Mom would be proud of you, Paycheck.

I'm headed to her house now for some menudo and chile rellenos. I'll suggest some Sunny but most likely she'll be bumpin' some Little Joe and Ramon Ayala (she just went to their concert last night).

Herm

P.S. Add this song to your rotation if you don't have the other album:

"Put Me In In Jail"

• Listening to this one; trying to find out if it's time to sell.

• Trap Door Mix
    crazy

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Listening to this one; trying to find out if it's time to sell.

Pre-Loop Troop? Heard about it, never heard it. How is that one? The oldest LT material I have is "The Wax Cabinet" tape demo, which is pretty good. Haven't heard that in a looooong time. Maybe it's time to put it in the deck again???

• Listening to this one; trying to find out if it's time to sell.

Pre-Loop Troop? Heard about it, never heard it. How is that one? The oldest LT material I have is "The Wax Cabinet" tape demo, which is pretty good. Haven't heard that in a looooong time. Maybe it's time to put it in the deck again???

I am going to record it next week when I get my new gear to record vinyl with, so maybe I could send it and you can judge for yourself. But it's really undergrund/low budget (probably also what makes their old stuff desirable). It's okay but "from the wax cabinet" is the best one of thier old stuff in my oppinion.

I also like the track "looptroop anthem" from "Schlook from birth" but as a whole I think waxcabinet is the best one. it was later released on vinyl.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

@ work.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Where in NYC can I cop?

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    irene- tom ze

.......over and over and over again....

• Listening to

Animalism- The Animals

Just picked it up at the Flea this morning.

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts

• Options
    Come ca?

K in Canada.

I'll need the skinny on that.

I only know the reissue with the map on the front.

There is also a generally available (as in ~10 or ~15) US pressing on UA from '78.

IF you are satisfied with the sound on that LP, go right ahead.

K.

• Options
    King Tubby

Too vague.

K.

My bad. Actually, was Plead I Cause by Dr. Alimantado - Engineered by King Tubby.

Step up your game

K.

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    Come ca?

K in Canada.

I'll need the skinny on that.

I only know the reissue with the map on the front.

There is also a generally available (as in ~10 or ~15) US pressing on UA from '78.

IF you are satisfied with the sound on that LP, go right ahead.

K.

Is that the same one I'm thinking of with the crazy uptempo breakbeatawesome track though?

If so, I'll take it.
    If not, I'll take it.

• and

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts

Where in NYC can I cop?

I'd have to check to see who bought that particular belt, but Atrium, Jeffrey, Christopher, and Trash and Vaudville all carry (some of) our belts.