What are you listening to right now?

Comments

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    I just got back from the weekly sunday morning dig & am listening to Cymande for the first time & really enjoying it.

• I just got back from the weekly sunday morning dig & am listening to Cymande for the first time & really enjoying it.

At first I was like, "This guy is living in the Future!" Then, I was like, "Wait, is it Sunday?" Then I realized that you were in New Zealand.

I'm was listening to Tom Ze Se O Caso E Chorar -- Todos Os Olhos

• King Tubby

• Post deleted by taza_one

• prarie home companion.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Motown, motherfuckers.

Recognize.

The Motown talk made me throw on

Just found a clean US copy recently and I didn't get around to listening to until now. I always loved the title track. Used to play it a lot from my Dad's Motown comps when I was a kid. The whole album sounds real nice. It's interesting how it has the signs of the year ('68) it was made in: theremin-sounding synth lines, distorted wurlitzer, psychedelic FX. "Bah-Bah-Bah" is on now, and it's sounding lovely.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    Kev brown cd

he did a show here last night and fuckin RIPPED it

i suggest everyone cop his album. fuckin blazin

• Black label 12" version from the Jewish Women Council thrift on the way back from dropping 25 dimes at the Rhino sale... Rules.

• Options
    King Tubby

Too vague.

K.

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    King Tubby

Too vague.

K.

Kevin I need that Skatelites King Tubby breakbeatawesome.

OK BYE

I'm listening to all my earlabs.org downloads. GM Koenig.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    the weavers

• Options
    Come ca?

K in Canada.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Damn, everybodys listening to some good stuff. I'm here at the Warwick hotel in NYC while my dad and I are selling belts in the executive suite.

Like belts you use to hold your pants up?

You guys make custom fine belts or something? That sounds pretty interesting (seriously).

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    Damn, everybodys listening to some good stuff. I'm here at the Warwick hotel in NYC while my dad and I are selling belts in the executive suite.

You guys make custom fine belts or something? That sounds pretty interesting (seriously).

or all the possible mispellings: beats, bells, bolts, could all be interesting as well.

• King Tubby

Too vague.

K.

My bad. Actually, was Plead I Cause by Dr. Alimantado - Engineered by King Tubby.

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    Come ca?

K in Canada.

I'll need the skinny on that.

I only know the reissue with the map on the front.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts

A generous 1971 effort from Keith Jarrett -- backed up by his incredible, multi-instrumentalist co-horts Dewey Redman (tenor sax, clarinet, bells, percussion and more), Charlie Haden (bass, congas, clappers, steel drum) and Paul Motion (drums and percussion). The pieces cover a pretty far range of styles -- from the meandering and mellow Jarrett piano that begins "Birth", to the wonderful, heaving funky bass work on "Mortgage On My Soul (Wah Wah)" -- which also includes some squalling soprano sax by Jarrett, who gives the piano a rest for this wild tune! Later on the album, he picks up a banjo, too![/b] Other tracks include "Spirit", "Forget Your Memories (And They'll Remind You)" and "Remorse".

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Come ca?

K in Canada.

I'll need the skinny on that.

I only know the reissue with the map on the front.

There is also a generally available (as in ~10 or ~15) US pressing on UA from '78.

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts

Yeah, we design and sell belts for the premium jean stores and better specialty stores all around the world. The newest line is musical tribute belts now with tributes to soul, jazz, blues, reggae, hip hop, and others. They are screen printed onto the leather and then brought through a process that vintages them to look like they've been around a while. Check out this tribute to soul sisters
    Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    those are cool - what's up with the civil rights one??

• A generous 1971 effort from Keith Jarrett -- backed up by his incredible, multi-instrumentalist co-horts Dewey Redman (tenor sax, clarinet, bells, percussion and more), Charlie Haden (bass, congas, clappers, steel drum) and Paul Motion (drums and percussion). The pieces cover a pretty far range of styles -- from the meandering and mellow Jarrett piano that begins "Birth", to the wonderful, heaving funky bass work on "Mortgage On My Soul (Wah Wah)" -- which also includes some squalling soprano sax by Jarrett, who gives the piano a rest for this wild tune! Later on the album, he picks up a banjo, too![/b] Other tracks include "Spirit", "Forget Your Memories (And They'll Remind You)" and "Remorse".

Just got this for a buck...I usually pass on K.Jarrett as there are so many of his that are but i grabbed this on the strength of his backing band.I listen to this late last and zoned out to the wah-wah shit.very nice record.As for right now...

20th classical brunch with Chavez.

• asparagusasparagus Northampton, MA 333 Posts
    batches brew

my dad really wanted a civil rights belt amidst all the musical tributes. People really like that one too.

• just picked this one up myself... looked cool as hell, but then
    I listened, and, no.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    just picked this one up myself... looked cool as hell, but then
    I listened, and, no.

• phono13phono13 842 Posts
    Damn, everybodys listening to some good stuff. I'm here at the Warwick hotel in NYC while my dad and I are selling belts in the executive suite. We're almost done with the day and we just broke out the merlot. My ipod is playing over the bose stero system and "panama" just came on by roy porter. It's a fine moment.

I like how you painted the scene. For real.

As for me, I'm listening to the audio samples that you guys have put up. Many thanks. I recently moved, and most of my records (and my player) are in an inaccessible storage unit. Time to go look at houses so I can free those babies.

Sunday is the best day to play music.

• phono13phono13 842 Posts
    my dad really wanted a civil rights belt amidst all the musical tributes. People really like that one too.

I dig these also. Whatta they run?

• just picked this one up myself... looked cool as hell, but then
    I listened, and, no.

ment this in relation to society of seven mentioned earlier

forgot to

• finally found a cheap clean copy

light my fire is just that...