Lets have a Laffy Taffy Remix Conte--- Showcase!

Comments

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts

D Castle, just to clarify here, you are declaring ownership
    over a Mingusism, based on something that happened on the
    internet in 2002.

Is this or is this not what you are declaring.

While I'm at it, I am going to take ownership over the internet INCLUDING your internet message board account.

I've also been saying shit with the SCH an double-T ever since I can remember.

• While I'm at it, I am going to take ownership over the internet INCLUDING your internet message board account.

Danno will be happy to know that I now have a Keeper.

But what about

Arnold Palmer and his five sisters.

Arnold Palmer and his five sisters.

• hatting or not i would like to hear a ss remix session of lassie daffy. Im not sure if i like or dislike that song anymore anyway.

-toast

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts

While I'm at it, I am going to take ownership over the internet INCLUDING your internet message board account.

Danno will be happy to know that I now have a Keeper.

Despite having just railed against sexism, I think the keeper is the funniest thing ever. I used to have to play PSAs about the keeper back in my early CKUT days and I would laugh so hard. The keeper PSAs were almost as good as the safe fisting PSAs.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    OK, here's mine. It's not very complex, but I think it took me less time to make it than it took to read this thread.

D4L - Laffy Taffy (2ply Remix)

Oops... I should have mentioned there's 11 seconds of silence before the track starts that I forgot to cut out.

• I'm just saying, why would you remix a song you don't like?

To clown on it, right?

And if the people you are clowning on are Black, and they
    already act a little clownish, then that is not a good look
    for you because it seems menstrual.

I celebrate Laffy Taffy three part harmonies.

Dude, I have no idea what you're talking about. How does anything seem "menstrual"? Unless menstrual is meant as a positive quality, and I get the sense it's not, then you're using sexim in your condemnation of racism. Needless to say, that's not a good look.

PS You really need to get yourself a keeper.

Terry_Clubbup knows how to spell "minstrel," you poptarts--this is the man that enriched our world by adding the second T to "hatt" and turned a garden variety expletive into the work of linguistic art that is "schitt".

not a typo, they actually say hattin'

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    OK, here's mine. It's not very complex, but I think it took me less time to make it than it took to read this thread.

D4L - Laffy Taffy (2ply Remix)

Oops... I should have mentioned there's 11 seconds of silence before the track starts that I forgot to cut out.

cool beat, but this is kind of a futile exercise.
    from the first post, i wondered how any one is going to top the OG

no, i'm serious

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Personally... well I'm working on it right now and I think its fucking HOT. I doubled the tempo to like booty speed... I don't know man, I'm feeling this shit like crazy. its making my knee bounce.

• screw it, I'm in. socio-econo-popcult discussions - while fascinating - aside, sometimes it's fun to hook shit up for the hell of it. this afternoon (snowing here) is mos def one of those times. bmore sleaze for your friday guilty pleasures.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    screw it, I'm in. socio-econo-popcult discussions - while fascinating - aside, sometimes it's fun to hook shit up for the hell of it. this afternoon (snowing here) is mos def one of those times. bmore sleaze for your friday guilty pleasures.

you do realize this makes you a racist with minstrel-like tendencies

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    screw it, I'm in. socio-econo-popcult discussions - while fascinating - aside, sometimes it's fun to hook shit up for the hell of it. this afternoon (snowing here) is mos def one of those times. bmore sleaze for your friday guilty pleasures.

you do realize this makes you a racist with minstrel [color:white] sp [/color] menstrual[/b]-like tendencies

OH FUCK. I thought your lyrics were on the wrong beat, but then I listen to the original and I got it all wrong. FUCK! I just finished mine too, and its on the wrong goddam beat. I thought the "girl" went on beat 1. fuck.

fuck.

jesus. how emberassing.

fuck.

• OH FUCK. I thought your lyrics were on the wrong beat, but then I listen to the original and I got it all wrong. FUCK! I just finished mine too, and its on the wrong goddam beat. I thought the "girl" went on beat 1. fuck.

fuck.

jesus. how emberassing.

fuck.

fuck it, man, let it ride. people flip lyrics to the opposite beat sometimes for a minute...keeps em guessin.

well fuck it.

I give up. This thread is a joke, my remix is on the wrong fucking beat.

sigh.

Here it is, in all its wrong beatedness:

Wacky Tacky (I AM A HERB)

• Dizzy, fix the vocals and reup!

It's really bothering me. I think I'll like it once you fix it.

Oh shit, this breakdown is hot.

• Dizzy, fix the vocals and reup!

It's really bothering me. I think I'll like it once you fix it.

Oh shit, this breakdown is hot.

that breakdown was hot, indeed, man.....but I say leave it as-is, kinda flipped. there was a quantic remix I think...rosie brown's bliss, I think?...where vocals flipped over and it was sweet, nice change.

Yeah, I don't know man, Ross is right. I HATE hearing shit where its off beat. But I spent most of my day doing this (I have off today) and I've heard mine so many times that now the original sounds wrong! hahahahaha. sigh. I really should pick up the house before HJ gets home from work.

Somebody here should make a booty bass remix of it. The vocals sound so hot (IMHO) over a fast ass beat.

well. I guess I'll pick up the house now and try to fix the vocals later.

EDIT: In the meantime, listen to THE LOUNGE VERSION OF HONKEYTONK WOMEN!!!!

• No, Dizzy. You fix the vocals first and leave the house messy. If HJ dares to say anything, just give her this face:

And then return to fixing the vocals.

• dont think the offbeatedness is a prob. the breakdown is hott.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    well fuck it.

I give up. This thread is a joke, my remix is on the wrong fucking beat.

sigh.

Here it is, in all its wrong beatedness:

Wacky Tacky (I AM A HERB)

i like dizzy, i like.
    to do this successfully, you really needed to take to another level of wackiness and you succeed indeed.

FUCK. I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO DO THIS.
    seems like a very fun, creative outlet.

Here it is, with the vocals on the right beat:

WACKY TACKY TOO....

• Ha ha ha. I like the song now more than I ever did. Not because of my lame ass remix, but because of listening to it so much...

This will kill this thread dead...

Ha ha ha. I like the song now more than I ever did. Not because of my lame ass remix, but because of listening to it so much...

This will kill this thread dead...

DUDE YOU DID THE SAME THING AS ME!

THE LAFFY IS ON THE ONE BEAT, NOT THE GIRL!

I think..........!

• Hey man...I'm not a professional remixer and shit.... It's on the one. O.K. I tried to figure it out and got more comfused...

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

Pop song or not, D4L is very Local Black Experience right now

Does that make it beyond criticsm/clowning?

Little Brother may be a "local black experience" for somebody. Does that mean nobody can diss them anymore?

Hey man...I'm not a professional remixer and shit.... It's on the one. O.K. I tried to figure it out and got more comfused...

Tell me about it mayn. The first remix that was posted here did the same thing! I actually think it works kinda well both ways.... but hey... I'm drinking beer to help kill my wisdom teef pain. and i'm about to go eat dinner with DJ Anna. weee!

• Pop song or not, D4L is very Local Black Experience right now

Little Brother may be a "local black experience" for somebody. Does that mean nobody can diss them anymore?

I think he meant "Local '[/b]Black'[/b] Experience."

• This track is like cee lo

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

Pop song or not, D4L is very Local Black Experience right now

I think he meant "Local
    '[/b]Black'[/b] Experience."

But do we really want to confine D4L to the paradigm of "Local Black Experience"?

I think of "Laffy Taffy" as a metaphor for that indelible part of the human spirit that will fight on in the face of adversity and self-doubt.

If we could all just learn to embrace our own "Laffy Taffy", wouldn't the world be a better place?

Go on girl and shake that laffy taffy - for you, for me, & for all of us...

One Love

h