Lets have a Laffy Taffy Remix Conte--- Showcase!

124»

Comments

• But do we really want to confine D4L to the paradigm of "Local Black Experience"?
    No. But to the 'Local "[/b]Black"[/b] Experience'? Yes.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

But do we really want to confine D4L to the paradigm of "Local Black Experience"?
    No. But to the 'Local
    "[/b]Black"[/b] Experience'? Yes.

Do you find the word black so frightening that you need to cage it within the grammatical prison that is a quotation mark?

For the sake of fairness & out of loving kindness for my fellow man, I hereby renounce the quotation mark as cruel & unusual punishment. As long as I am alive to type these words, they will run free.

love

h

• To deny the quotations marks is to deny "Black" abstractness, imprisoning it in objectivity.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    To deny the quotations marks is to deny "Black" abstractness, imprisoning it in objectivity.

This man is deep.

• Dizzy, for a quickie remix, it's a vast improvement. Certainly makes the track listenable.
    Well done.
    The original sounds like the batteries on my 'speak n spell' are running down..

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Dizzy, for a quickie remix, it's a vast improvement. Certainly makes the track listenable.
    Well done.

Don't be a ponce.

• So does this mean y all are going to respect reggaeton because of local latino experience? If not you may be hypocrites.

• Dizzy, for a quickie remix, it's a vast improvement. Certainly makes the track listenable.
    Well done.

Don't be a ponce.

to my favourite Strutter. Ha ha.

Damn, he didn't take the bait on the other thread...

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    So does this mean y all are going to respect Brother Ali because of local albino experience? If not you may be hypocrites.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

Pop song or not, D4L is very Local Black Experience right now

Does that make it beyond criticsm/clowning?

Little Brother may be a "local black experience" for somebody. Does that mean nobody can diss them anymore?

we can't diss what white people recognize as the local black experience

Get with the program H****d

Seriously though I can't tell if this is a joke or not, do people on here really think its minstrel/ menstrual to joke on a song with a simplisticly annoying beat and song lyrics comparring female sex parts to dime store candy?

If this is a "black" experience on any geographical level than I choose to be disconnected and I'll stick with a good James Baldwin book or something else that white people like.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    yeah thats right... I looked it up:

ponce[/b]

n : someone who procures customers for whores (in England they call a pimp a ponce)

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    Dizzy... regardless of the discussion you spurred, I'm feeling the remix (the latter version does not better on my mentals, but if I hadn't known the original, I bet it'd be fine) and I'd like to add this to a CD mix if you don't mind.

That breakdown is . Good shit, surrrsly.

Dizzy... regardless of the discussion you spurred, I'm feeling the remix (the latter version does not better on my mentals, but if I hadn't known the original, I bet it'd be fine) and I'd like to add this to a CD mix if you don't mind.

That breakdown is . Good shit, surrrsly.

do whatever you want..................................

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Here it is, with the vocals on the right beat:

WACKY TACKY TOO....

[Jamey Abersold]

[/Jamey Abersold]

J/K, Dizzy_Bull, I like your remix! I'm studying for my january exams, so it might be hard for me to find the time for remixing it this weekend. I really want to work on that acapella, though. Maybe I'll just tell my girlfriend there will no chickaboomboom tonight, because I have to contribute to the minstrelization of the local black experience in America. She'll understand.

• yeah thats right... I looked it up:

ponce[/b]

n : someone who procures customers for whores (in England they call a pimp a ponce)

No, in England we don't call a pimp a ponce, it means someone who is a wimp, for example, if it was raining outside and someone said "i'm not going out tonight, it's raining!" the reply would be "don't be a ponce!"...

• Isn't it also a verb? A "bloke" went up to my friend once (she was smoking) and he said, "I don't usually ponce fags, but have you got one goin' spare?"

A.

Yo.

• Yes, that is true, to take/steal...

So... thats it then?