WEEKEND FINDS

Comments

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    You are fucking legend in your own mind and nowhere else especially not here where I live...

guzzo, alien's name definitely gets thrown around when talk of philly's heavyweight djs comes up. he has been doing shit in the most legitimate street credible way for 15 years....clubs, house parties, sets with undisputed hiphop legends, longest running hiphop weeklys, etc. etc. Man, this dude was already a young legend when we were in high school. i mean city wide reputation. in 1990. does anyone know you outside of covina (?!?!) and soulstrut?
    i'm not trying to compare AI to you or whatever. but you are stepping on the toes of a city when you try to go at it with the man. the beef between you two doesnt seem like something that you should try to keep nibbling at...let it die and fallback quietly. theres room on this board for both of yall to be on the same threads and not have to knock elbows.

the end

• kozzkozz 17 Posts
    My new favorite record:

best germanic synth burner EVER!

Careful, I said that a while back and got put on blast.....

yeah, someone had Cluster II as an avatar a while back and i made the exact same comment...no one seemed to care....anyway, bring em on.

• Nice score! A coworker of mine gave me that Mad Professor LP (along with a few others) when she moved last year. "I found these. Do you want them?" I put the first song from that LP at the beginning of my last Dub Mission Mix.

I think that the green Augustus Pablo (Ital Dub) on the top row may be a re-ish (Soufriere?) because it's the version I have and it sounds too clean to be an OG. Does the opening track have Jacob Miller singing over a version of "Take Five"?

And $2 apiece for all those is quite the deal. Enjoy.
    I'm thinking it's probably original because 1. it looks and smells old 2. it plays with a low to moderate background hiss that I would imagine would not be on a reissue (hopefully with a little bit of cleaning it will sound better) 3. It was with a bunch of other 70's OGs. If anyone happens to know a matrix # to check let me know.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Nice score! A coworker of mine gave me that Mad Professor LP (along with a few others) when she moved last year. "I found these. Do you want them?" I put the first song from that LP at the beginning of my last Dub Mission Mix.

I think that the green Augustus Pablo (Ital Dub) on the top row may be a re-ish (Soufriere?) because it's the version I have and it sounds too clean to be an OG. Does the opening track have Jacob Miller singing over a version of "Take Five"?

And $2 apiece for all those is quite the deal. Enjoy.

I'm thinking it's probably original because 1. it looks and smells old 2. it plays with a low to moderate background hiss that I would imagine would not be on a reissue (hopefully with a little bit of cleaning it will sound better) 3. It was with a bunch of other 70's OGs. If anyone happens to know a matrix # to check let me know.
    That's probably confirmation enough. It's Trojan? Trojan usually dates on the label...

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    My new favorite record:

best germanic synth burner EVER!

Careful, I said that a while back and got put on blast.....

yeah, someone had Cluster II as an avatar a while back and i made the exact same comment...no one seemed to care....anyway, bring em on.

Cluster 2 is strictly b-list. A legend? In it's own mind, perhaps!

haha! no really, it's a great record. My whole fuss a while back was not that it wasn't - just that there are other records of the genre AS GOOD.

And yes, the row of quarters is weird. Good eye, themack.

not much over here due to thunderstorms.
    caught: monk higgins-heavyweight, james brown there it is, eddie russ- see the light, another edwin birsong-dance of survival (gold leaf), wdas black rock compilation (demon fuzz,counts,ewf,etc), dexter wansel life on mars, and some others all for $25

didnt notice the quarters, but my meticulous hommie Risto is just trying to ensure that his raers dont take a cliff dive. yes/no?

didnt notice the quarters, but my meticulous hommie Risto is just trying to ensure that his raers dont take a cliff dive. yes/no?

ahhhh! very grown/rill world of him!

yes indeed

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts

but why so many quarters? wouldn't 3 or 4 do the trick?

• hey doggie, I call them like I see them. I was cool enough about it not to call you out by name. I've posted warnings before about people doing this I ain't trying to be a storage unit for folks who can't follow through. Man up and handle shit right next time.

OMFG...

"i've posted warnings...I ain't a public storage..."

JeeHesus fucking christ man lighten up and quit taking yourself so seriously.

Seriously!

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

Seriously Adam, we're not even in each other's world. Why don't you please do what I asked of you several weeks ago - don't address me, keep my name out of your mouth, and just act like I don't exist? I've done the same to you, and I only call you out on remarks that you make which are directed towards me. Just don't do it anymore.

I have not mentioned your name, I have not called you out, Matter of of fact I tried to make not about you by not mentioning names. Your the one who went out of your way to publicly argue with me. I've sat back rather idly in this whole thing allowing you to insult me time after time.

Why all the hate, dude? I really don't know what I did to make you so venomous towards me, but I don't really care. Just do us both a favor and stay out of my hair.

Or do you really want to keep this going? All good to me, but it seems like a major waste of time.

are you kidding me you've been antagonizing me for 2 weeks now I tried to make peace with your ass several times through PMs. If you really want to talk to me about this lets do it that way I don't want to make this any more of a public issue than its already become

hey doggie, I call them like I see them. I was cool enough about it not to call you out by name. I've posted warnings before about people doing this I ain't trying to be a storage unit for folks who can't follow through. Man up and handle shit right next time.

OMFG...

Seriously!

but, HE'S POSTED WARNINGS![/b]

this is exactly the kind of "mad knowlege" I tune in for. I'll be impatiently awaiting an answer to this...

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    black rock compilation (demon fuzz,counts,ewf,etc)

Is that the same one with a black sleeve with the WDAS writing on the front in block letters, also includes Mandrill "Symphonic Revolution?" I found a whole box of these sealed about 8 years ago. I only have 1 or 2 left, but a dope comp - and in no way did I expect WDAS to be playing that shit back then.

hey doggie, I call them like I see them. I was cool enough about it not to call you out by name. I've posted warnings before about people doing this I ain't trying to be a storage unit for folks who can't follow through. Man up and handle shit right next time.

OMFG...

Seriously!

but, HE'S POSTED WARNINGS![/b]

real world moves

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

Or do you really want to keep this going? All good to me, but it seems like a major waste of time.

ahhh the perks of wealth!!!!
    sike, i don tknow....i said the man is meticulous!!! if you look cose, you can see how he taped each quarter down first.

Reynaldo, I think Adam's due for a PM.

• So... Anybody else find any records this weekend?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I picked up a clean copy of "Abandoned Luncheonette" which I'm listening to right now.

So... Anybody else find any records this weekend?

"hey, man, this is a jokes website, not a record collecting website."

black rock compilation (demon fuzz,counts,ewf,etc)

Is that the same one with a black sleeve with the WDAS writing on the front in block letters, also includes Mandrill "Symphonic Revolution?" I found a whole box of these sealed about 8 years ago. I only have 1 or 2 left, but a dope comp - and in no way did I expect WDAS to be playing that shit back then.

yeah, that shit is really really tight. i was thinking the same thing about WDAS. but you know what? thats some philly old head music right there. ive had 50 year old coworker ladies ask me if i could find them the rotary connection christmas LP!!!

• So... Anybody else find any records this weekend?

"hey, man, this is a jokes website, not a record collecting website."

Damn, I keep getting that shit mixed up!

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    eBay:

+

Elza Soares - O Samba ?? (Odeon)

• the3rdstreamthe3rdstream 1,980 Posts
    I picked up a clean copy of "Abandoned Luncheonette" which I'm listening to right now.

i was stoned at a friends house listening to that last night, the first side is dope as hell, the second side i just can't go for, like they ran out of ideas

• I picked up a clean copy of "Abandoned Luncheonette" which I'm listening to right now.

i was stoned at a friends house listening to that last night, the first side is dope as hell, the second side i just can't go for, like they ran out of ideas

Hence the "Abandoned" half of the title.

i also got a calvin keys "cris cross" on ovation. is this a repackaging of one of his blackjazz titles?

• dick hyman-electronicus
    herbie+headhunters upgrade

not much. i been sick as a dog.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

OMFG...

Seriously!

people seem to go ahead and critique me while not even giving a care that dudes been trying to insult me for the past 2 weeks.

Adam Klein you are a little fag.

apparently this is ok,