James Brown + Michael Jackson + Prince

mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
apologies if this has been posted before.http://www.youtube.com/watch.php?v=8wQ2_3flkKw

Comments

• Sweet. Thanks for posting that. I like how Prince was brought to the stage on the back of former WWF wrestler.

----------------------2 1/2 years... and I'm now finally breakbeatrare.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Sweet. Thanks for posting that. I like how Prince was brought to the stage on the back of former WWF wrestler.
    Cosign that.

That shit was mos def. next level, O.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

thank you.

• JayGeeJayGee 313 Posts
    Great clip! Saw it a while back.
    What the fuck is Prince on?

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts

GENIUS!!!!

dude is onstage for like 5 minutes and only plays two licks o nthe geetar and some quick feline growls!!! and then he ripps down the stage set!!!

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    There needs to be a new emoticon for beyond . Maybe a facemelting ?

Strange to be taken back to a time when Jackson was still funky.

• Great clip! Saw it a while back.

GENIUS!!!!

dude is onstage for like 5 minutes and only plays two licks o nthe geetar and some quick feline growls!!! and then he ripps down the stage set!!!

I like how at the end of the clip James Brown is running after Prince
    to try to give him his shiny jacket back.
    When else are you going to see JB running after somebody trying
    to put their jacket on them?

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts
    i'm floored...I acctually got a chill when michael adlibbed. And Prince?

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    wow that is fuckign priceless! the prince part is so awesome/hilarious, there's parts i'm like...is that guitar even plugged into a wah wah or distortion pedal...or is he hearing distortion feedback i dont know about? cause he's just hanging there. damn. much thanks for this...

ps: HOW DO U GUYS FIND THESE THINGS on that site? i mean how do you know where to search for gems like these among so much of the trash on that youtube shit? like if you find a cool video, is there a link to that person's tastes or links to their other videos. i.e. if someone posts some rare funkadelic concert footage, chances are they have some other good shit too, is there an option to find what other videos that person upped? or is it all just lucky searches?

• Wow,

James Brown looks like someones's grandmother...

Prince

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts

cocaine

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    That schitt is fucking priceless- DJ Cash Money showed me this years ago and I was like so ... I used to tell people about it and I don't think they even believed me. The schitt sounds ridiculous if you didn't see it with your own eyes. Is there any way to save that YouTube schitt? I really need to have this for the collection.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    HOLEEEYYY SHEEEITTT !!

PRINCE WAS HIGH AS HELL !!!!!

• Sweet. Thanks for posting that. I like how Prince was brought to the stage on the back of former WWF wrestler.

----------------------2 1/2 years... and I'm now finally breakbeatrare.

yo,
    is that dude carrying prince the wierd albino dude in the last dragon when they were fighting in the disco?

• Is there any way to save that YouTube schitt? I really need to have this for the collection.

sup Phill-

yeah, you can save videos from YT but it's not tidy...whatever, tho -> I grabbed the file and schlepped it through flash to make a .swf file out of it. most browsers should be able to handle this, and you can flip that into a quicktime movie if you want, as well. the native size is 320x240.

http://s62.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3K1XEM8EZOGN21C67XV5OEEXBD

in detail for DIY: YouTube is (pointedly) a pain in the ass - it uses the Flash Video Format (.flv) and embeds the video in a page through a series of scripts on pageload that makes reaching the video content difficult...folks who run Firefox 1.5 can use a handy script called YouTube to Me that you can install (you'll need Greasemonkey installed first on Firefox) that will append a "Save As..." link on pages where there's embedded content that can't be easily saved out from its context....but then you're left downloading the source FLV video file which doesn't jive nicely with a lot of folks' media players. converting from FLV to a more popular codec (Quicktime, etc) isn't tons of fun, either, but at least it's a file to work with.

long story longer:

info
    on installing and using greasemonkey with firefox

and btw TallBobSmoooooke, congrats:

AND CHECK YR EMAIL, FOLL!

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Madness.

What a glorious train wreck!

I'm pretty sure my Grandma used to wear the same
    housedress that The Godfather is rockin' in this clip!

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts
    AMAZINGLY DOPE!@!!!!

thanks for that!!

• DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts
    holy braek face!

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Executive Producer

DICK WOLF

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    I've had this on the HD for a while. I've found it several times doing a James Brown mpg search on whatever p2p network. Great clip. Coked-out Prince is madd. If dig_this' yousendit link goes cold, you can DL it here.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    That was off the hook

• Prince is/was/forever will be that (androgenous) dude.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts

cocaine

That was some good mothereffing coke. That was a good watch indeed. Prince busted a move with that mic stand. Can I get a amen?