Continental Europe Meeting THIS SUMMER

Comments

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    Disco Diamant have their night on the first and third friday each month at the Subway. If you want to connect the meeting with a club night you should kep that in mind. Also keep in mind that you are in the City of Can aka Rainy City. That means August is the best month to plan a bbq but most clubs are closed because everybod is on holiday.

ah, ok!

forget about the dates then. i'll set up a date later this year. just tell me, if there are dates where you definitely can't go to cologne.

• Sounds like it could be a little tough food-wise for a veggie like me, so I'll bring the tofu sausages maaaaaaan.

Sausages? Just bring the tofu, I'm a veggie too!

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    I'm a veggie too!

Good man!

-> Grope, regarding dates for me: july/august is , september is .

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    I'm a veggie too!

Good man!

-> Grope, regarding dates for me: july/august is , september is .

I'll keep that in mind. BTW, I might return to a veggie lifestyle too. Meat sucks.

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    Ill be there if I can afford it, pretty expensive flights over here - especially when you dont have a job!

How much are the flights from Copenhagen?

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    How much are the flights from Copenhagen?

Do you live in Malm??, McD? I just checked with supersaver.dk. The cheapest flight I could find was 1111 DKKR. SAS, round trip, leaving friday august 4th, returning monday august 7th (the dates are just an example). That was just a quick search, one might be able to find something cheaper. That 25 Euro Helsinki-K??ln offer sounds like a bargain. What airline is that, Cardova?

• cardovacardova 743 Posts
    germanwings.com

that seemed to be a marketing gimmick though - i did a quick search on the site and the best price i got for a weekend in july was just below 100e.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    I could pick up 2-3 Soulstruttters from the Airport in Frankfurt-Hahn, where all the cheapo airplanes go to. So it's either Cologne for you or Frankfurt (Hahn)

Make sure to
    www.easyjet.de
    and
    www.ryanair.de
    too.

• 'Sappenin, Grope?

I'm down regardless. My whole summer looks pretty open, and I'm already aching to go back to Germany! Would love to hook up with some more strutters, maybe fuse this with a trip to Amster or Copenhagen again, who knows? Keep me posted and I'll see you in the summertime!

- J

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    germanwings.com

that seemed to be a marketing gimmick though - i did a quick search on the site and the best price i got for a weekend in july was just below 100e.

yeahk, but germanwings is still a cheapo airline. their prices are including airport fees and taxes. i think airlines like easyjet and ryanair just don't mention that you have to pay those airport fees and taxes and they don't include them in their price offer.

so check
    easyjet.de
    ryanair.de
    too

I'LL TRY TO SECURE A DATE SOON, SO ALL STRUTTERS FROM OUTSIDE GERMANY CAN BOOK FLIGHTS AND STUFF VERY EARLY (=cheap flights).

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    ---- we still have similar avatars. what's up with that?

I hope you can be there. Make sure to tell pookeyblow

'Sappenin, Grope?

I'm down regardless. My whole summer looks pretty open, and I'm already aching to go back to Germany! Would love to hook up with some more strutters, maybe fuse this with a trip to Amster or Copenhagen again, who knows? Keep me posted and I'll see you in the summertime!

- J

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    By the way, if anyone is interested in a little digging trip from Cologne to Frankfurt after that meeting, make sure to PM me. Apply early please...

• HawkeyeHawkeye 896 Posts
    Keine Sorge Grope, die Orga ??berlasse ich dir, keine spur von meiner Seite das machen zu wollen. Und die Idee ist und bleibt auch von dir.

Wie du gesehen hast habe ich ja auch nur auf diesen Thread gelinkt. Ich wollte die Gr??sstm??gliche aufmerksamkeit schaffen. Du hattest darum gebeten das die jungs sich doch melden sollen wenn sie kommen wollen, bei ??ber 600 aufrufen habe ich die r??ckmeldungen als etwas zu wenig empfunden. Also habe ich die Europaer und die Nicht-Europ??er versucht durch 2 weitere threads in diesen hier zu locken. Thats all.

Gruss
    Hawkeye

• girgir 329 Posts
    Can we do the 2007 WORLDWIDEStrut hookup in Amsterdam?

for 2006 thou, i'd be down for flying over the atlantic not only for the strut but because germany's food is so damn good.

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    i had no intention to go to Germany unles it was on Eerie's behalf...i could pay dude a visit. But a BBQ in Germany...let's see. No. Not attractive...I don't wanna shop some Wunderlich and some Kovac. I'm thru wit it...lol.
    But i wouldnt mind going to Amsterdam. First the trip is not expensive..;Many ways to go there, even by bus for the cheapest. Plus it's a little bit "in the middle" of everything so everybody would have to travel a bit (meaning except a few, nobody would feel at home, and that's good for the team spirit!!).
    Then i was told that you can do nice shopping in Amsterdam AND i can smoke my jack Errer or my Nothern Light in peace...Then the RED ZONE is waiting for me. All these prostitutes saying hi to me. Naw...I went to Germany once and prostitutes cannot be compared the REDZONIANS.

So...I don' know. It may be too late to talk about that. But i didn't take the time to read the whole post, so i dunno what's up. I know Pap and Eerie would be there so i would go. But Germany, that's rough.lol. UK?

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    i had no intention to go to Germany unles it was on Eerie's behalf...i could pay dude a visit. But a BBQ in Germany...let's see. No. Not attractive...I don't wanna shop some Wunderlich and some Kovac. I'm thru wit it...lol

I think the idea of doing it in cologne might involve a little record fair like they doin over there (check www.kuchenplatte.de). It's all a matter of organization, and i don't think they just have Wunderlich there. Maybe Strutters can join this project and we'll make it happen!

But i wouldnt mind going to Amsterdam. First the trip is not expensive..;Many ways to go there, even by bus for the cheapest. Plus it's a little bit "in the middle" of everything so everybody would have to travel a bit (meaning except a few, nobody would feel at home, and that's good for the team spirit!!).

Good point. But I think besides Scope, (Defcon) and Olski, there is no other strutter from cologne involved or in the position to "feel at home"(i might be wrong).
    And you would need people in amsterdam to set this up as well. And I like the idea of having this infrastructure with a partynight, a record fair and some fields to hang out and bbq by the river (in case the weather is bad, we might go "under the bridge" like the Red Hot).You have this in Amsterdam as well, but who will organise this?

Then i was told that you can do nice shopping in Amsterdam AND i can smoke my jack Errer or my Nothern Light in peace...Then the RED ZONE is waiting for me. All these prostitutes saying hi to me. Naw...I went to Germany once and prostitutes cannot be compared the REDZONIANS.

I never had poblems with smoking in cologne. But indeed, shopping is better in the dam. But I think Cologne has some spots to offer, too....can't say too much about the red zone, but they have a big house with 8 floors full of bitches (each floor has 20+ rooms) in cologne which might serve as a nice spot to hang out if you're in the need...

So...I don' know. It may be too late to talk about that. But i didn't take the time to read the whole post, so i dunno what's up. I know Pap and Eerie would be there so i would go. But Germany, that's rough.lol.

I dunno, i think if Grope is really able to set this up in cologne it would be dope! But I would also go to Amsterdam...anyway, just my 2 cents...

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    whattup eurodudes, I will be in Paris July 19-26, what it do?

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    tourism or work purpose?

ok cologone...but i cant guarantee anything. Just because of my schedule, not because of where it's at ;-)

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    tourism or work purpose?

ok cologone...but i cant guarantee anything. Just because of my schedule, not because of where it's at ;-)

izm

try to find someone in amsterdam to organize it. it will be very hard for me to get this going in cologne. i don't even live there. i'd love to go to amsterdam, but whom shall we ask? if you wanna do it in france, go ahead. i'm not kidding.

i was only making suggestions. i have no idea where most of you live. i just though amsterdam would be closest for foreigners. se, we are about 8 guys from germany...

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    whattup eurodudes, I will be in Paris July 19-26, what it do?

hey, you would be the only lady, i think. if you can handle that, please come to cologne or amsterdam.

PS: Your website is cool

• What abt Italy ?

ok this is 4 continental europe strutters........

...when a latin europe strutters meeting will take place ?

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    I think Italy counts as Continental Europe.

• cHillercHiller 293 Posts
    What abt Italy ?

you mean a meeting with the "family"?

• What abt Italy ?

you mean a meeting with the "family"?

".....baciamo le mani don cHiller...."

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    please come to cologne or amsterdam.

• E_DailyE_Daily 812 Posts
    Yo Izm, dont worry about the green. Shit I'll bring down is (almost) just as good as some nice dutchy

Would be hella dope if ya came, I guess I won't have the cash for cologne & amsterdam though... I always end up spending incredible amounts of money in the dam :/

Don't think you know it all, man. I bet krautbreaks would make your jaw drop
    Isn't it about time this became a sticky?

• If more people are down to do this thing here in Amsterdam, i am willing to organise some shit over here..I'm a BBQ expert and love records.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    If more people are down to do this thing here in Amsterdam, i am willing to organise some shit over here..I'm a BBQ expert and love records.

PM!

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
    If more people are down to do this thing here in Amsterdam, i am willing to organise some shit over here..I'm a BBQ expert and love records.

If thats how its gonna be, I'll help you. If neccesary.

But, I think Grope should do his Cologne thing first.
    He's the one that brought this whole thing up. Give him the credits and the honour of doing this in his town.

Besides, I really like Koln. Im down with going to Germany for this record/beer/meet&greet-thang.

My 2cts

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

If thats how its gonna be, I'll help you. If neccesary.

But, I think Grope should do his Cologne thing first.
    He's the one that brought this whole thing up. Give him the credits and the honour of doing this in his town.

Besides, I really like Koln. Im down with going to Germany for this record/beer/meet&greet-thang.

My 2cts

I'm not in Cologne. Organizing this in Cologne would be really hard for me. Just pmed frankynipplz... we're thinking of it... amsterdam is niiiiiiiiiiiiice

i wanna wait for scopeCGN to join this thread first though. he could be able to hook us up with one of his private record conventions and club nights... much fun.