Continental Europe Meeting THIS SUMMER

GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
I'd like to set up a one time Euro raer affaer. Continental Soulstrutters unite![/b] I think it would be best for Euro-Soulstrutters (from France, The Netherlands, Germany, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, etc) to meet in Cologne, Germany. No date set yet. So far, I'm thinking about having a BBQ or party (thanks for the suggestion Olski). No big club night. Listening to records, meeting people, talking, hanging out, trading. Some questions:1) Which non-European [/b] Soulstrutters are going to be in Germany this summer (maybe for the soccer world cup)? When are you going? Where are you going to stay (which city)?2) Which European/German [/b] Soulstrutters would consider going to Cologne for a Euro-Soulstrut meeting? (Where are you from?) 3) Any suggestions? Dates, places, things to do? Germans, Europeans, non-Europeans please tell me what you think! Holla!

Comments

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Great initiative, Grope!

I'd like to swing by K??ln for a gathering. I live in Copenhagen, Denmark. I'm planning a low-budget trip around Europe this summer (I'm broke) and passing by K??ln to meet some cool heads sounds like a excellent stop on my journey. The best time for me is between July 1st and September 1st. I have summer exams the last two weeks of June, and I can't come if you decide to do it around the time of the World Cup (which starts June 9th).

- M.Deezy

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    Great initiative, Grope!

I'd like to swing by K??ln for a gathering. I live in Copenhagen, Denmark. I'm planning a low-budget trip around Europe this summer (I'm broke) and passing by K??ln to meet some cool heads sounds like a excellent stop on my journey. The best time for me is between July 1st and September 1st. I have summer exams the last two weeks of June, and I can't come if you decide to do it around the time of the World Cup (which starts June 9th).

- M.Deezy

Swell! July, 1st - September, 1st sounds good. I have summer exams too.
    Would be great to have you there. What do you think would work out better? A party, a club night, just a BBQ...

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    i'll prolly be back in germany in june. i'll see if i can't arange to be there when you secure a date. Grope, i got your pm. i'll get back to you soon. i've been running around today.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    I was thinking a Big Chill BBQ or whatever just for the people who are down, but if there's a possibility of doing some sort of a more public event as well, I'm all for it. I'm just not sure if I can bring records myself, because I'm planning on travelling light, but I'm sure there would be others that could do so. Where are the euro heads at?

• Maybe I'm not qualified since I haven't got that many posts here. But I'm planning a trip to Berlin, Poland and some other not-decided yet east european countries. I would happily come by..

• cHillercHiller 293 Posts
    if i got the time, i'll be down.
    I got friends in cologne i want to visit anyways.

Great idea, grope!

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    i'll see if i can't arange to be there when you secure a date.

I hope you CAN arrange to be there. Good to hear that you are coming back. If you want to DJ at that bar in Stuttgart, holla.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    Maybe I'm not qualified since I haven't got that many posts here. But I'm planning a trip to Berlin, Poland and some other not-decided yet east european countries. I would happily come by..

No need to qualify. Anyone from Soulsrut can come. Would be glad to meet you.
    I'm gonna write PMs if this is really happening, but would still announce this event on Soulstrut. At the moment, it's just a idea. Nothing fixed yet. I need to know what people think of it first.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    if i got the time, i'll be down.
    I got friends in cologne i want to visit anyways.

Great idea, grope!

Cool. I got a friend in Dortmund. I want to visit him too. Cologne would be perfect! What do the others think? We could meet in France (close to the Belgian/German border that is) too. But there aren't that many French people on Soulstrut, right?

if we're having a BBQ, we must do that in (northern-) Germany. I need my good ole' K??segriller.

• ericeric 155 Posts
    word word, belgium is in the house.
    that's a dope idea

• count me in if time/money is at hand. hanging out with fellow strutters sounds like a great plan. and bbq sounds even better. anyone with a big garden in/close to cologne??? and we're all gonna bring like 5 records and hi-jack one of the discodiamant nights scoper....holla.

• You could take your K??segrillern with you. ?? carry mine wherever I go. Even Vogue says: Don't go anywhere without your W??rstchen this summer. Handbags are so passez.

I think Cologne is a good place to meet as it is quite central. I like the idea of meeting in northern Germany aswell, cause I live in Hamburg now. And Berlin has it's plus too, many people have friends there.

BBQ sounds great by the way.

• going to see some football matches so could make it depends on dates

You could take your K??segrillern with you. ?? carry mine wherever I go. Even Vogue says: Don't go anywhere without your W??rstchen this summer. Handbags are so passez.

I think Cologne is a good place to meet as it is quite central.[/b] I like the idea of meeting in northern Germany aswell, cause I live in Hamburg now. And Berlin has it's plus too, many people have friends there.

BBQ sounds great by the way.

i think thats the biggest plus. berlin would be too far for my taste (commin' from karlsruhe)
    i'd like to visit the hiphopvinyl store though...

btw:
    thanks for the loc.
    -------

• Post deleted by meikel_neit

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    Oh oh. Please stop talking about cheese. Don't hijack this one!

--> -->

Cologne would be best, because it's close to France, Belgium and The Netherlands and I could organize stuff. I wouldn't be able to set this up in France or Belgium myself.

Berlin would be too far away for most. Same goes for Hamburg, I guess.

More suggestions, please. Tell us what you think.

• This is a nice idea. I would like to be there but in April I'm moving to Egypt for a few years. I will probably be back for a month in the summer but can't say when yet and I don't know how tight my schedule is gonna be. Cologne is one of my favorite cities though, and near by, so I'll try. Would be fun to meet you people.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    Great idea I*n,

France right here, I'm down (if I have the money) plus I'd like to see 1 or 2 football matches too...

Paging E_Daily!! but you already know him Grope, right?

Paix.

• E_DailyE_Daily 812 Posts
    I hope I wont be in Canada at that time, otherwise I'm there!

Got a place for me to sleep, grope?

Partay

P.S.: Bapt, you better be there!

• HawkeyeHawkeye 896 Posts
    Great Idea, a chilly spot, a BBQ is dope, but after 0.00 a clock everybody is drunk as fuck, so having a clubparty where all those drunken dudes can shake their bodys would be perfect.

Meeting in early afternoon, talking, listening and everything, and than going into a club where some dudes spin records would be the perfect solution for me.

If we would do the party in hamburg I could ask some party promotors here in Hamburg if they would like to organise the club part of this meeting.

For cologne I think the easiest would be to aks Scope if he could put us on top of the Disco Diamant partys, they are already doing clubnights every week in cologne

I would come with a camera team and make a feature out of it for my show.

Peace
    Hawkeye

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    Yo Grope,

thankz 4 the pm!! I am totally down with this.I would suggest a meeting early in early september in Cologne. Then all the football madness is over, weather is still fine, exams and final theses have been finished (hopefully) and we hang out at the "rheinwiesen" in cologne next to the river, a beautiful location....just like these dudes did

we don't need the policeprotection though

anyways, that would be a good thing to do! and in the evening we could have a party in some club, where all strutters spin their raers...stadtgarten, subway, or the like...would be nice to set this up (where are you scope & Olski?)

• E_DailyE_Daily 812 Posts
    Uh I guess that would scare away 90%, you might wanna leave the cam-team at home...

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    Uh I guess that would scare away 90%, you might wanna leave the cam-team at home...

not interested in 15 min of fame?

anyways, hawkeye is doing a good job and i think you can be sure that nothing you say will be used against you...

• OlskiOlski 355 Posts
    Cologne sucks. It's ugly, boring and has no records. But I'm here anyway so I will have no excuse for not participating. Hawkeye's idea of doing a co-op with Disco Diamant for an after party sounds cool. The Discos are also starting a nightowl-style record fair on Sunday afternoons. First one is this sunday www.kuchenplatte.de. If it's kicking off and still running by June (which I hope) it could be fun to set up a SS BBQ/Disco Diamant/record fair weekender.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

I'm down

Paging E_Daily!! but you already know him Grope, right?

Cool baptman! I know you met Jay in Paris. I went to Paris in 2002. Looke here:

Clignacourt 2002. Guys with the Columbia "Kitty" portable. All those KPMs and Telemusics...

Jay's my 'ommie! I know some of you might think I'm mean and tough, but actually, I'm a nice guy. Tell 'em Jay!

Let's do this. I wanna see a soccer game too, but no, no tickets in Germany. Seriously, tickets are not available! You had to apply some months ago. So sad...

Let's find a date first. Please make suggestions.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

Got a place for me to sleep, grope?

I can offer you a place in Dortmund. Can get there by S-Bahn... how about it? My friends apartment... one room with raer home grown plants.

it wouldn't be on tv, it's an online show.

scope could bring his wordcup team, too. (and i could meet my friend s*br*n* who works @ pantertainment. )

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    Cologne sucks. It's ugly, boring and has no records.

like I said: you can make suggestions. Cologne is cool, me thinks, but you know better fo' shizzle. Hamburg would be great. But most people from abroad couldn't go there. I don't know about other cities in the Rhur-Pott. I mean, noone would like to go to Stuttgart, right? How about Belgium, The Netherlands or France. Holland would be cool. For smokers that is. (I'm no smoker.)

How about late July/early September???? Anyone???

Hawkeye's idea of doing a co-op with Disco Diamant for an after party sounds cool.

Yes! Well, I knew some of you guys could hook us up. I'll be able to check locations for a BBQ in April. But I'd need help from Strutters anyways. Got a car and could book rooms at a houth hostel or stuff, but finding places would be difficult for one guy only.

Bring those cameras. I want to show my ugly mug! Plaese yes. Can I wear one of those wigs from that wig thread?

I mean, noone would like to go to Stuttgart, right?

For me that would be more than OK, but thats only because it's so close to Karlsruhe.
    Plus you already said that you emptied(sp?) all the stores...