weekend finds

1235»

Comments

• Actually that EP is on Troubleman Unlimited, good label run by my friend Mike Simonetti. New school post punk shit, but weirder and better than the multitudes of gang of 4 rip off bands these daze.

ah yeah troubleman. they put out some of the earlier (read: better) black dice records and erase errata's first album. i'll check out the numbers ep. i seen them live a few times when they were starting to get popular around here and they didn't sound too exciting but i'll check mp3s of the album to see if they've gotten better over the years.

yeah that ep isn't mind blowing but it was an older release and worth the $3 I spend. As for mike's attitude, sorry to hear, but he's never done me wrong, and I've spent many a late late night at rubulad with him. Another innnteresting fact...he funds his label walking dogs for rich peepholes.

$??

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    whats the bilitis(?) record like?
    i found a similiar one (same title, naked chick(s) on it, but somehow different.)
    but i don't remember it being so good...

I sold it years ago, but I remember it as being easy-cheesy listening with some very mildly funky moments in between a truckload of strings.

thats pretty much it, but im into that 'well produced' e-z sound, if that makes sense. some mancini, legrand, lefevre style, you know the drill. plus a nudie ballet cover = cant resist!

and co-bluenote on birdmans score. i say he gets the prize. hey, who had the prize? hand it over!

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Walter Bishop - coral keys (thanks Noz)
    Frank Cunimondo - echoes (thanks leisurebandit)
    Bonnie Dobson - (thanks Hcrink)
    Del Jones reish - (thanks rockadelic)
    Daly Wilson feat. Kerrie Biddell (thanks kinetic)
    The Yellow Balloon (my new fave record)
    Noah Howard- at Judson Hall
    curly fries (thanks magicjackson)

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    whats the bilitis(?) record like?
    i found a similiar one (same title, naked chick(s) on it, but somehow different.)
    but i don't remember it being so good...

I sold it years ago, but I remember it as being easy-cheesy listening with some very mildly funky moments in between a truckload of strings.

thats pretty much it, but im into that 'well produced' e-z sound, if that makes sense. some mancini, legrand, lefevre style, you know the drill. plus a nudie ballet cover = cant resist!

and co-bluenote on birdmans score. i say he gets the prize. hey, who had the prize? hand it over!

It makes a lot of sense, I can get with that sound too sometimes. The funny thing is, everytime I see that cover, I think of my Dad. 'Bilitis' was the first feature film to be directed by soft-erotic photographer David Hamilton. My Dad used to have those dreamy Hamilton posters of girls washing each other in rural settings all over his apartment, intertwined with Playboy centerfolds. So very 80s .

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts

Didn't realize that Reuben Howell has the vocal version of Magic Disco Band's 'Scratchin' until I dropped the needle on it.

And he's white. Pretty crazy.