WEEKEND FINDS

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    That's a real good price for that.

I agree. I paid $25 on eBay to upgrade my VG copy. Pretty sure I sold the VG copy for almost what reynaldo paid.

I paid $35 for my copy (WB colored label) back in 1992, and then got another copy (WB green label) for 50 cents.

• Options
    Andrew,

Whats' the label look like? The original is rooster-less and witha kighter green treasure isle label. OG sleeve is some thinck-ass cardboard.

K.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

Usha Uthap[/b] "24 Carats" (Inreco) - (triple) - I had another one in the process of being traded but a certan soulstrutter[/b] turned bitch on me and never got back after asking me to hold it for him.

He's talking about me.

Adam Klein you are a little fag.

BTW, I'll be out in California come the end of April.

• Sugarpie DeSanto/Baby, It Ain't Right/Veltone
    Sir Mack Rice/Mini-Skirt Minnie/Stax
    J.J. Barnes/Day Tripper/Ric Tic

This sign is commonly used for envy or jealousness.

• Thanks K! My label is black & white with slightly different font. Definitely a different press. The gentleman I bought it from was buying mainly during the 70s so I'm pretty sure it's from then.

(Unfortunately he was a little cagey and it turned into one of these "call me up saturday and *maybe* I'll let you look at another dozen records.... I really have to tape em..." kind of thing. a few saturdays later: "oh no, I haven't taped em yet, but I brought some of em by the flea market..." bahhh, I gave him good $$ too, you'd think I'd get the phone call)

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Post deleted by RAJ

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Once again you make a point of involving me in your world. Just stop it you fucking cunt and get back to bitching about your ex-girlfriends, fucking baby.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Post deleted by RAJ

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Dude seriously you are a fucking clown - 100% hilarious. I just picture your skinny ass fuming in front of your computer.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    just chill out guys.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    just chill out guys.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Post deleted by RAJ

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    just chill out guys.

I agree and I'm going to stop now. This is pretty sad and reading it back I don't think I come off looking any better than he does. I apologize to all who witnessed this and I hope it doesn't have to happen again

-Adam

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    These were all $2 this morning at a flea market that shall remain nameless...

Wow, you must be psyched, nice score. Have you checked that Ken Boothe yet? Just wondering what it's like, never seen it before...damn, did I say nice score??

I'm super fuckin psyched dude! I'm listening to one of the Ken Boothes right now (it's hard to see in the pic but the one next to the Boothe with the black cover is called "Every Thing I Own." It has a great cover version of Is It Because I'm Black and a real nice track called Sandie. BTW, I'm a total newbie to this kind of music, though I knew enough to scoop them up when I saw them. I didn't even get to the flea until 10:15 this morning, can't believe nobody got to them before me...

as a berkeley resident myself i am a bit jealous of your finds. i have an idea of where you may have found them. i was at the kusf rock and swap this morning. it was sort of eh, but i picked up a lot of nice hip hop plus gears for $7 which i've been after for a while.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

PS its nice to know that my everyday life has become so much of an obsession to you.

I seriously don't know nor do I care about your everyday life. You don't show up on my radar. The last thing that I'm thinking about is some 2nd rate record collector from Southern California. It's just funny to me how you continue to make mention of either my name or thinly disguised references to me on this board. Want to talk about obsessive...

Seriously Adam, we're not even in each other's world. Why don't you please do what I asked of you several weeks ago - don't address me, keep my name out of your mouth, and just act like I don't exist? I've done the same to you, and I only call you out on remarks that you make which are directed towards me. Just don't do it anymore.

As for your visions of me, man, dude - I'm a real person. I have a wonderful life with a wonderful wife and family. I've done a lot of things in my past and continue to do a lot of things, but all in all, I'm just happy to be alive and living well and healthy. Talking about obsession, you obviously have looked into who I am. Why all the hate, dude? I really don't know what I did to make you so venomous towards me, but I don't really care. Just do us both a favor and stay out of my hair.

Or do you really want to keep this going? All good to me, but it seems like a major waste of time.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    These were all $2 this morning at a flea market that shall remain nameless...

Wow, you must be psyched, nice score. Have you checked that Ken Boothe yet? Just wondering what it's like, never seen it before...damn, did I say nice score??

I'm super fuckin psyched dude! I'm listening to one of the Ken Boothes right now (it's hard to see in the pic but the one next to the Boothe with the black cover is called "Every Thing I Own." It has a great cover version of Is It Because I'm Black and a real nice track called Sandie. BTW, I'm a total newbie to this kind of music, though I knew enough to scoop them up when I saw them. I didn't even get to the flea until 10:15 this morning, can't believe nobody got to them before me...

as a berkeley resident myself i am a bit jealous of your finds. i have an idea of where you may have found them. i was at the kusf rock and swap this morning. it was sort of eh, but i picked up a lot of nice hip hop plus gears for $7 which i've been after for a while.

Kid Inquisitive, that 200 Volts of Holt is real nice as well.

• I haven't even had time to peep that 200 Volts yet. Got another stack of records at KUSF this morning to go with the fleamarket score so I could use a good week or two off to just listen to music. Not going to happen though. For anyone who missed KUSF and was wondering how it was, they had to rope off half the room to make it seem not so empty. Shows in Austin and L.A. drained away most of the dealers. $15 early bird fee was not a good look.

• My new favorite record:

best germanic synth burner EVER!

Careful, I said that a while back and got put on blast.....

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    You are fucking legend in your own mind and nowhere else especially not here where I live

The baller's back

last week I copped the Karin Jones Raer for $0.50
    Talk about a legend in one's own mind...

Adam... You have a knack for picking fights. I can't imagine you act like that in real life.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Hey Jonny did you make it out last night?

I'm listening to Mos Def right now... uughhhh

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    My new favorite record:

why do you have a row of quarters in front of the Cluster lp?

Hey Jonny did you make it out last night?

I'm listening to Mos Def right now... uughhhh

DUDE... I got fucking sidelined by 3rd and 4th wheels... so weak. Talkin' bout "we don't want to go all the way to brooklyn, we're tired." This is at 12! Give me a call, I'll tell you all about it.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Adam... You have a knack for picking fights. I can't imagine you act like that in real life.

That's not all he has a knack for... I'm interested in learning from whence he obtained the authority to determine who is and who isn't "b-list".

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

That's not all he has a knack for... I'm interested in learning from whence he obtained the authority to determine who is and who isn't "b-list".

I was so tempted to make that my location but I have to keep my tribute up to my boy's dad.

• the3rdstreamthe3rdstream 1,980 Posts
    2nd rate record collector from Southern California

LOCATION!!!

Dude, you just don't know. Have you been to the A-list LA party Adam spins, thrown by Kobe Bryant? Didn't think so. Were you aware of his upcoming tour dates in Hawaii, Bali, and Ibiza? No? Check your clock son, because you're late.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Dude, you just don't know. Have you been to the A-list LA party Adam spins, thrown by Kobe Bryant Chris Mihm? Didn't think so. Were you aware of his upcoming tour dates in Hawaii, Bali, and Ibiza? No? Check your clock son, because you're late.

I guess I'm just doomed to be forever:

Dude, you just don't know. Have you been to the A-list LA party Adam spins, thrown by Kobe Bryant Chris Mihm? Didn't think so. Were you aware of his upcoming tour dates in Hawaii, Bali, and Ibiza? No? Check your clock son, because you're late.

I guess I'm just doomed to be forever:

Clearly. I mean, if you can't figure out what makes DJ Guzzo an international superstar and also don't get the brilliance of Edan and funny Black guys in wigs then, obviously, you should just stick to your Marley Marl closet-hop.

• Nice score! A coworker of mine gave me that Mad Professor LP (along with a few others) when she moved last year. "I found these. Do you want them?" I put the first song from that LP at the beginning of my last Dub Mission Mix.

I think that the green Augustus Pablo (Ital Dub) on the top row may be a re-ish (Soufriere?) because it's the version I have and it sounds too clean to be an OG. Does the opening track have Jacob Miller singing over a version of "Take Five"?

And $2 apiece for all those is quite the deal. Enjoy.

Ital Dub isn't a reissue per se; there is an original issue of it.

I don't know what pressings you guys have; there are reissues floating around though.