vaporizerstrut (NRR)

mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
what did we decide here?is this a good look? anyone find any credible info on its health advantages?

Comments

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I've been shopping around and so far the Volcano one seems the best. My friend got one for $140 (or so he said) when the webiste sold them. Now the only ones I see are on Ebay for over $500

• One of my buddies had got one from Vaporwarez as part of a NORML promotion. They were real cheap at the time, but I believe the price has gone back up. I think shops in NYC carry ones of this sort in the $150-200 range. As for health, it feels like it's better for you, but (at least with this model) it's no substitute for a spliff.

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    All reports I've seen are either unconclusive, or say vaping is as healthly as eating it... and vapes have been aeound for awhile, so I'd say that lack of negative studies is good news.

but I must agree
    it's no substitute for a spliff.

• Just make your own before you buy one.

After you finish that delicious jar of applesauce you've been spooning at, put a soldering iron with a bowl attached to it through its lid, then fill it with the vapor of your favorite herb, and suck it out. Good cheap way to try before you buy.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    It's got to be better than enhaling smoke into your lungs. Volcano is propably the way to go. Except it looks like an applience. I guess you could put it next to your coffee maker. I say it is a good look. Not the best look, but a good look.

• i liked the volcano when i tried it. pretty expensive, but it looks like i will get one eventually. it's kinda weird hitting out of a bag but you get used to it.

• Anything that removes tobacco from the equation has got to be better for you...
    (Notice the use of the word "better" not "good"... )

• what did we decide here?
    is this a good look?

anyone find any credible info on its health advantages?

Get one and give me a call i'll come test it out and tell you if its any good.

• E_DailyE_Daily 812 Posts
    its fun - I still prefer rolling and burning something though
    I had the volcano here for testing from the headshop, perhaps you should check and see if you can get offers like that to try em out. I think they are 300 euros here in Germany.

• dont buy that weak toy...just do it and go for the REAL McCoy....The Volcano is the straight talk....anyone who values a buzz dont know what they miss out on a Volcano....maxes out the amount you can smoke / no nasty resin / clean + aware high and no smelly smoke / just vapor....I put a trash bag on mine and fill it up ....ebay sells the volcano....checkitout

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    dont buy that weak toy...just do it and go for the REAL McCoy....The Volcano is the straight talk....anyone who values a buzz dont know what they miss out on a Volcano....maxes out the amount you can smoke / no nasty resin / clean + aware high and no smelly smoke / just vapor....I put a trash bag on mine and fill it up ....ebay sells the volcano....checkitout

yeah but they selling the volcano for 5 bills

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    there's got to be DIY shit on the web no???

what good is the WWW if i cant find plans for bongs and vaporizers???

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    there's got to be DIY shit

I call it "nature vaping"

+

It has to be sunny tho. And it requires technique, depending on the intensity of yer lens. If the photon gets too tight it can start to burn.

My friend and I want to connect the 2 w/ a gooseneck and market them batches.

have fun
    good luck

• LazerLazer 796 Posts
    Without a doubt the Volcano is the best. I got 2 of them for wholesale ($380) last month. The store I work at does skateboard stuff so we get trade mags and they have vape distributors ads. I call them up tell the my store id number and bang whatever I want on the store credit card. MAD discounts if we buy more than 10. Like down to $300. If yous guys want to do a big order we could all get one on the cheap. Best way to smoke hands down.

On the magnifying tip, I once saw this huge ass ornate table piece with a big arm and marble on the end. Dude would aim the marble at the sun whilst the pipe was on a coffee table and the suns energy would light that puppy. Truely cool! in stoner typa way.

• LazerLazer 796 Posts
    You can use a heatgun to vaporize weed thru a bong. Just find the right temp, hold it to the bowl like a lighter, inhale.

• As I said above. Try this. Less than $20. Works like a charm.

Nevermind the Ikea Rug

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    i ended up splurging on a vapir (One) today and already i think its kinda nice. feeling a lot better than when i had smoked...and just as irie.
    the bags are kinda wack though...they got silly drawings on them.

takes a lil' while to setup but not much -if any- longer than any normal session would.
    this model does not work on batteries so that is somewhat of a disadvantage.

PM or post if you have any good tips that aren't in the user's guide or on the (odd) CD.

• Nevermind the Ikea Rug

But make sure to peep the dope Father Yod album.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Man, yall just getting up on vaporizers? I cant see buying no 500 dollar shit just to smoke weed with.

A bunch of my friends have them, they are cool. But you dont really taste the weed, and that part sucks. I just hit bongs.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    dog, the shit you hit is damn near lethal. I still don't remember if I picked my shit up out that record sleeve or not.

You know about that spot with $90 vaporizers on Santa Monica right?

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    Man, yall just getting up on vaporizers? I cant see buying no 500 dollar shit just to smoke weed with.
    mine was $140 w/bag kit

...peace, mord.

• Dude you better get on the road. You don't want to hit philly between 4 and 5 on Friday.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts

A bunch of my friends have them, they are cool. But you dont really taste the weed, and that part sucks. I just hit bongs.

i think you can taste the bud WAAAAAAY more. smoking a joint is my favorite still but the vaporizer can be really nice. never tried the volcano but i heard its nice.

speaking of all this... im going to go smoke. just got some nice bud... not the best but good.

• there's got to be DIY shit

I call it "nature vaping"

+

It has to be sunny tho. And it requires technique, depending on the intensity of yer lens. If the photon gets too tight it can start to burn.

My friend and I want to connect the 2 w/ a gooseneck and market them batches.

have fun
    good luck

crap! I just saw a handblown (ayo!) pipe that had a built in magnifying glass the other week!