sublime...GOLD

PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
Are you kidding me? What's the deal with these guys? Anthology? How many times are these guys going to release the same material. Wonder when the dub album is coming out???

Comments

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I hope the surviving members of that band actually get the money from all this shit, because they have become one of those bands, like Led Zep or the Doors or Pink Floyd, that every American kid eventually goes through a phase where they buy and play that Sublime CD 30 times a day, passed from generation to generation. If those dudes get paid, that's cool - retire at 27 and just pick up the checks, play music for laughs...if banks and label execs are the only ones getting rich, then that blows.

• I saw this in the store shopping over xmas... was actually going to pick it up. It has almost all the good shit, double CD. It says it was remastered too. Which doesn't mean a hell of a lot really, but hey...

I don't think the band had much to do with it at all... it's a compilation. Along the lines of this series:

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

courtesy of Phill Most*

• I don't get it... It looks like a lady beating a dead horse.

Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh...

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts

Are you kidding me? What's the deal with these guys? Anthology? How many times are these guys going to release the same material. Wonder when the dub album is coming out???

maybe not the coolest thing to admit, but sublime definitely contributed to me digging deeper in old reggae after i got obsessed with them...there was some bside they did which had their version of the 45's "judge not" and "one cup of coffee" by bob marley when he was known as robert marley and i can still listen to my old sublime mix cassette, its awesome...and i always thought bradley was really versatile, 40 oz to freedom is the album...but yeah, even their version of "dub" got me wanting to find out about what they were inspired by,and it lead me to getting an education on that music, so i got respect for them.

I don't get it... It looks like a lady beating off[/b] a dead horse.

Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh...

maybe not the coolest thing to admit, but sublime definitely contributed to me digging deeper in old reggae after i got obsessed with them...there was some bside they did which had their version of the 45's "judge not" and "one cup of coffee" by bob marley when he was known as robert marley and i can still listen to my old sublime mix cassette, its awesome...and i always thought bradley was really versatile, 40 oz to freedom is the album...but yeah, even their version of "dub" got me wanting to find out about what they were inspired by,and it lead me to getting an education on that music, so i got respect for them.

Last time I checked they had 3 studio albums. I'm sure you can put their discography on 2 discs. That's all I'm complaining about. I remember my buddy got the Nick Drake 4cd box set which I put on 2 cd's. It's a tad I always liked Sublime but it just bums me out when I see them putting out the same songs in a different package. I'd rather see a new Long Beach Dub Allstars album is all.

Last time I checked they had 3 studio albums. I'm sure you can put their discography on 2 discs. That's all I'm complaining about. I remember my buddy got the Nick Drake 4cd box set which I put on 2 cd's. It's a tad I always liked Sublime but it just bums me out when I see them putting out the same songs in a different package. I'd rather see a new Long Beach Dub Allstars album is all.

oh i wasnt disagreeing with you on the disography thing...i have the robbin hood, 40 oz, the shitty acoustic album, 40 oz, second hand smoke and the shitty major debut album...and on the same hand nirvana only had 3 studio albums (not including the bside album incesticide) but they were worth having a discography. anyhow the target market for those types of albums are casual fans, so nothing wrong with who those things aim to please.

• i think they originally signed a 6 album deal with mca, after bradley's death mca has been releasing live shows, studio demos and shit, probably just there attempt to make more money, by the way anyone have their green marble 4 song 12'' on skunk records with the og get out! ? that was always my favorite, also anyone ever heard there cover of dee dee warwicks foolish fool? good shit, by the way the 40 oz lp has just been reiussued.

• I hope the surviving members of that band actually get the money from all this shit, because they have become one of those bands, like Led Zep or the Doors or Pink Floyd, that every American kid eventually goes through a phase where they buy and play that Sublime CD 30 times a day, passed from generation to generation. If those dudes get paid, that's cool - retire at 27 and just pick up the checks, play music for laughs...if banks and label execs are the only ones getting rich, then that blows.

i'm friends with eric wilson and bud gaugh and field marshall and miguel the owner of skunk records. they are all multi millionaires. best believe they are getting paid. peace, stein. . .

• courtesy of Phill Most*

holy f*cking shite....that graemlin is top billin!

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts

Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh...

• I don't get it... It looks like a lady beating off[/b] a dead horse.

step up yo photoshop skills homey!

Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh...

love it

• def agree w/ the fact that these albums are targeted towards a diff audience who probably want to get the best of their collection w/o knowing the band like a fan.

i also think the release of this gives another opp for people to become aware of their catalogue. if we left it to 20th cent masters to be the definitive hits collection, one may never know about it because they never realized it was released in the first place.

step up yo photoshop skills homey!

rolmao! cmon, u can't be that particular about a joke that 0.001340045% of the world's population is gonna appreciate!