The balding man thread.

street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
iam just hoping he doesn't put me on blast in one of his now legendary podcasts
Wow, he knows me. That's hot. I've never even heard of this third stream guy.

Sorry, I didn't want to mess up hcrink's thread with this.[/b]

I feel sorry for you guys. I'm pushing 34 and I get mistaken for a teenager every day. I look between 17 and 21. It's funny when the kids in my hood aks me if I go to Fairfax (high). I am literally old enough to have a child their age.

that is not very nice.

Yeah, you're right, I'm sorry. The arrogance was a kind of joke that didn't come off right in my pre coffee mind state. I bag a lot with my people, I just kinda assumed you all would get that, but you don't know me so how would you know. I wasn't trying to rub anything in anybodies faces.

As far as what I was saying about my youthful look, it comes at a price. It's not all good. I feel like I get mad dogged by store owners near any school and a lot of people don't take me serious untill I tell them how old I am. Then their like "whoa, sorry" I don't get it because I treat youngsters with respect and listen to their opinions as I would an older person but that's just how society is.

I have other signs of age which ain't all that good. When I turned 30 I developed a gut. I also have hair growing were I really don't need it, like my back. Who knows, I could start losing my hair tomarro. I'm with you dudes. I wan't trying to be a hamster penis.

I hope my balding brethren and sistren find it in my heart to forgive me, if I offended.

No,[/b] I'm not an ass,[/b] (thanks) fuckwad. Get a sense of humor.

Between my man's excitable temperament and his inability to use punctuation, this could get kind of good...

Isn't it a general consensus that a grammer based flame is the weaksauce?

Awright, I'm out.

Peace.

Comments

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Grammer? You go to collage with DIGGADIGGA? Or been hangin out with Adam "Modern Typo" Klein?

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    I'm 27 & I get asked for my ID when I buy booze!

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,080 Posts
    I'm 21 years old and I'm starting to see the McDonald's arch receeding hairline already

• CahootsCahoots 378 Posts
    -

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey Yo,

It's all good. Women have told me that big bald Black men are sexy. You young playas are lucky I'm retired!!!! I gave up on hair a few years ago when I noticed that the front of my hairline wouldn't grow like the rest of my head (excluding the middle patch on the crown of my head). I was developing that old man "sidefro" action. And I had a "Fred Sanford" baldspot developing at the crown. Left unchecked, those two regions of my dome were gonna meet on some ole' George Jefferson steelo. I shaved that shit off immediately!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

Sorry, I didn't want to mess up hcrink's thread with this.[/b]

I feel sorry for you guys. I'm pushing 34 and I get mistaken for a teenager every day. I look between 17 and 21. It's funny when the kids in my hood aks me if I go to Fairfax (high). I am literally old enough to have a child their age.

that is not very nice.

Yeah, you're right, I'm sorry. The arrogance was a kind of joke that didn't come off right in my pre coffee mind state. I bag a lot with my people, I just kinda assumed you all would get that, but you don't know me so how would you know. I wasn't trying to rub anything in anybodies faces.

As far as what I was saying about my youthful look, it comes at a price. It's not all good. I feel like I get mad dogged by store owners near any school and a lot of people don't take me serious untill I tell them how old I am. Then their like "whoa, sorry" I don't get it because I treat youngsters with respect and listen to their opinions as I would an older person but that's just how society is.

I have other signs of age which ain't all that good. When I turned 30 I developed a gut. I also have hair growing were I really don't need it, like my back. Who knows, I could start losing my hair tomarro. I'm with you dudes. I wan't trying to be a hamster penis.

I hope my balding brethren and sistren find it in my heart to forgive me, if I offended.

No,[/b] I'm not an ass,[/b] (thanks) fuckwad. Get a sense of humor.

Between my man's excitable temperament and his inability to use punctuation, this could get kind of good...

Isn't it a general consensus that a grammer based flame is the weaksauce?

Awright, I'm out.

Peace. Not a good look.

I was developing that old man "sidefro" action.

Best quote of recent memory!

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    I was developing that old man "sidefro" action.

Best quote of recent memory!

That wasn't a good look for a 29-year old at the time (about 6 years ago). Sidefros make you look older than going "all bald".

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    Although I saw the first signs in my early 20's, I really started losing my hair right after I got married (coincidence? I think not). As soon as I heard somebody comment about my hair getting thin in the front, that was it- shaved it all off and never looked back. Since I never had a great hairline, I actually prefer having a clean dome. Easy to manage, no lengthy waits at the barber shop and yes, a lot of ladies do dig black dudes with baldies (a lot don't as well, but that's their problem).

And I'm at the point now that I'm almost comfortable enough to let it grow out on the sides a little bit every now and then like f**k it, this is me, this is who I am! But generally, the 50/50 fitteds stay on tightly (keep those nekked domepieces out of direct sunlight, my brethren!).

And I'm at the point now that almost comfortable enough to let it grow out on the sides a little bit every now and then like f**k it, this is me, this is who I am!

Yo Chill Phill,

I try to let the sidefro creep in here and there, but my wife gives me shit about it. So there I go, back in front of the mirror with the Edge gel and the Bic Sensitive to the domepiece!!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

wow! balding is such a great topic! I have the strumphthhh to carry on now! AWESOME!

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts

Sherman is a HUUUUGE Roxy Music fan

And I'm at the point now that almost comfortable enough to let it grow out on the sides a little bit every now and then like f**k it, this is me, this is who I am!

Yo Chill Phill,

I try to let the sidefro creep in here and there, but my wife gives me shit about it. So there I go, back in front of the mirror with the Edge gel and the Bic Sensitive to the domepiece!!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Yup, same here! So I guess it's safe to say that chicks do not dig the sidefro, huh? I just hate shaving my headpiece errrday... irritates the sh*t out of my skin. We need to join forces and bring the sidefro into vogue, Stacks!

• If Sam Cassell grew his hair in he would have one of the funniest side-fros on earth. Funnier than bald Kareem.

• tomtom 36 Posts
    do you guys bic your heads then? ..i go for the lowest setting possible on clippers, without the gaurd and with that lever bit fully down, i think shaving with a razor is just gonna make me look like a leukemia patient....shaving your hair off will reveal all your war scars too..and i got some good ones.

oh and random girls like to rub my head now...bonus.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    I'm 27 & I get asked for my ID when I buy booze!

Do they also insist you use the women's restroom?

• Salary_DizSalary_Diz 735 Posts
    I was getting my haircut the other day, and I used to have really THICK hair. Thats what I was always told growing up by supercuts and stuff.

So lately my locks have been thinning out a bit, so I asked the lady "would you describe my hair and thick or thin?" and she didn't even hesitate, and says "thin and fine", so I said "Fine as in 'oh that girl is fooiiiine?" and she says "no, fine as in thin, skinny... whatever..."

I'm crushed.

Yo Chill Phill,

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Yup, same here! So I guess it's safe to say that chicks do not dig the sidefro, huh? I just hate shaving my headpiece errrday... irritates the sh*t out of my skin. We need to join forces and bring the sidefro into vogue, Stacks!

Yep, shavin' the dome is mad irritating, that's why I do it every other day.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• I have no hair because of alopecia areata. happened over the course of a year and a half. Always had nice hair but one day some small spots appeared and gradually got bigger and it all went away. no eyelashes, brows, arm or leg hair cept for maybe a spot or two on my head which i shave regularly. Im actually getting kind of used to it, but it is pretty fucking strange. they say it comes back as quick as it goes but im seriously starting to doubt that. the wierdest thing is that now i meet people with it all the time, I never noticed before it started. anyone know anyone else or anybody got this also?

• Salary_DizSalary_Diz 735 Posts
    I've never heard of it before. Thats pretty odd! You must have been like "what the...??"

I'm so used to people shaving their heads and everything that I doubt I would ever notice it. Even the arm hair and other bodily hair, probably would never notice unless it was specifically pointed out.

So it can really grow back at any time?? Thats wild! Is it genetic?

I would have to imagine that most people dont really even notice until you point it out right?

• GambleGamble 844 Posts
    I had Bells Palsy some time ago, and half of my face was litterally paralized. couldnt blink, smile, raise an eyebrow, nothing, for about three months. I had to wear an eye patch to keep my eye moist. I had never heard of it, but all of a sudden people started coming out of the woodwork (oh my brother/dad/uncle/aunt/mom/cousin had that same thing!). I thought i would never be able to control that side of my face again. I was fuckin stoked when my shit came back. I actuqally kinda miss the eyepatch, it made me look like a gangster from the 40's or something.

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    I'm at the point now that I'm almost comfortable enough to let it grow out on the sides a little bit every now and then like f**k it, this is me, this is who I am! But generally, the 50/50 fitteds stay on tightly (keep those nekked domepieces out of direct sunlight, my brethren!).

I started balding at like 17!... and I had that "Good" hair too! I fought it for a nice minute before I shaved my dome... I usually shave once or twice a week so I have the George Jefferson most of the time! I'm lazy, too lazy to shave everyday! I remember that time Phill saw me on Chestnut street and was blowing his truck horn and I looked at him and saw some bald dude and didnt realize that it was him... I didnt recognize him without his hat on! Yo your right about covering your head, I was doing a roofing job about three weeks ago without my hat on after a fresh shave and got sunburn... that stuff hurts. Anyway my heroes have always been Curly Neal, Isaac Hayes & Marvin Hagler!

I'm waiting for Asprin to join the gang! Shave it man and then you'll look like Booby Jackson!

I just hate shaving my headpiece errrday... irritates the sh*t out of my skin. We need to join forces and bring the sidefro into vogue, Stacks!

Yo I tried that cream that you put on and pull off with some sort of straight edge, that stuff like to burn my head off... I looked like I fell out of a moving car and got rug burn all over my head...

If Sam Cassell grew his hair in he would have one of the funniest side-fros on earth. Funnier than bald Kareem.

Yo Rod,

Have you noticed that Vince Carter is developing a sidefro too?

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Options
    Yo your right about covering your head, I was doing a roofing job about three weeks ago without my hat on after a fresh shave and got sunburn... that stuff hurts.

I shave mine with a Cricket buzzer twice a week, and I have the white Irish skin with skin cancer running in my family. On top of that, I work outside. Besides wearing a hat if you're going to be up on a roof, another good option is to look into some SPF 45+ gel sunblock.

I recommend Aloe Gator if you need to pick a brand. It lasts longer than other brands and doesn't sweat off if you're working. A surfer friend of mine put me on to it, he puts it on and it lasts all day in the water. PLUS, it makes your dome shine nicely and you like like you're from the future. I've put it on and spent a few hours outdoors with no hat on, with no sunburns from it.

Aloe Gator...recommended by Sween for my baldheaded breddren. The pic below is the exact stuff I use. Buy the biggest size, it's worth the extra price. My pops gets cancer burned off his face every few months, you don't want none of that shit homie.

Yo your right about covering your head, I was doing a roofing job about three weeks ago without my hat on after a fresh shave and got sunburn... that stuff hurts.

I shave mine with a Cricket buzzer twice a week, and I have the white Irish skin with skin cancer running in my family. On top of that, I work outside. Besides wearing a hat if you're going to be up on a roof, another good option is to look into some SPF 45+ gel sunblock.

I recommend Aloe Gator if you need to pick a brand. It lasts longer than other brands and doesn't sweat off if you're working. A surfer friend of mine put me on to it, he puts it on and it lasts all day in the water. PLUS, it makes your dome shine nicely and you like like you're from the future. I've put it on and spent a few hours outdoors with no hat on, with no sunburns from it.

Aloe Gator...recommended by Sween for my baldheaded breddren. The pic below is the exact stuff I use. Buy the biggest size, it's worth the extra price. My pops gets cancer burned off his face every few months, you don't want none of that shit homie.

Thanks for the tip Sween, I have never seen this product... then again most black people think they cant get sun burned so I never looked... I went to the Caymen Islands a while back and my head looked like camouflage from the skin peeling when I came back to Philly....

Thanks for the tip Sween, I have never seen this product... then again most black people think they cant get sun burned so I never looked... I went to the Caymen Islands a while back and my head looked like camouflage from the skin peeling when I came back to Philly....

Very true. Even darkskinneded black folks need to beware of the sun's deadly powers! I always thought that melanin protected you from the sun and you didn't have anything to worry about if you were dark. DEFINITELY not the case. Sure, we're more protected than fair skinneded folk, but we still need to watch out.
    I remember the first time I saw some black people putting on sunscreen... I was like, "daaaaam, y'all win an award for uncle tom-ism today, y'all really BELIEVE yo' black asses is white!!!" Well, they actually were some shameless oreo cookies, but I can't front- they knew the deal on that sunscreen action.
    PROTECT YA NECK (and head, and all other exposed body parts)

ALL TIME MOST BADDEST ASSED ALL-BALDIES (FEEL FREE TO ADD ON):[/b]

• the3rdstreamthe3rdstream 1,980 Posts

yeah i know you, i know you as the annoying ass that plugs his ipod playlists on soulstrut every chance he gets

don't flatter yourself son