WHAT DID YOU GET FOR CHRISTMAS?

Comments

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

but i think i'm gonna return the ipod because i'm afraid i'll break it in ten minutes like i do with all my walkmans.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

My lovely wife bought me this:

My brother hooked me up with:

Other assorted gifts include:

-A sweater from my mother-in-law.
    -A shirt from my sister-in-law.
    -$100.00 from my mom and pops.
    -Hickory Farms gift package from one of wifey's co-workers.
    -Candies from some of her other co-workers.

Most importantly, I am thankful for Christ's birth on this day and all the blessings I've received. Without He there is no me.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Hey,

STACKS GONE KEYBOARD!!!!!!

hahahaha

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

STACKS GONE KEYBOARD!!!!!!

hahahaha

Nah, Diz, I've just been getting a lot of R&B production work lately, so I needed to expand my sounds (and gear). Don't get it twisted, I'ma keep my hip-hop raw on the ASR-10 (16-Bit all day aeeeday, baby!!!).

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    from my mom:

tickets to the upcoming Ahmad Jamal concert. YAY!

from pops:

new speaker and receiver. YAY!

and a $25 gas card. woo hoo! i wont be paying for gas for a good week!

• portable car battery jumper.
    more sock's.
    a blue t-shirt size m.
    boders $20 gift card.
    hankercheifs.
    wal-mart $25 gift card.
    peace, stein. . .

• From Moms:

From Dad:
    - Plane ticket to New York (my brother's graduates from Cornell in May)

From Bro:
    - Me And You And Everyone We Know DVD
    - book about improving memory (I can't remember where I put it though! I'm joking.)

From Sis:
    - Kenneth Cole tie

From my Uncle Johnny:
    - $50 gift certificate to Dillard's

From my Tia Rachel (Secret Santa gift):

...and some stainless steel salt & pepper shakers

From my ladyfriend Dawn:

(Word to Drewn. If he hadn't told me about it, then I wouldn't have told her about it, and she would not have remembered months later to buy it for me for Christmas!)

- and big fancy ass ice tea pitcher that I've been wanting for a long time

Herm

P.S. Happy Holidays to all! I tried to send a text message to all my 'Strutter friends/celly cell contacts, but my damn service kept failing.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    from stepdad, $300 in amex gift cheques and this bowl

from mom, custom kswiss, sheets, $100 gift card to Banana Republic

this coctail shaker that matches the bowl

new palm pilot

and a bunch of little stuff.

• JayGeeJayGee 313 Posts
    Sure is... Production is a bit muddy though, or is it my stereo playing tricks?

• What a great xmas this year

these from my folks:

also got a jazz encyclopedia from my girl, 1001 movies you must see before you die book from my sis, a couple of tops and $400

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    From my ladyfriend Dawn:

(Word to Drewn. If he hadn't told me about it, then I wouldn't have told her about it, and she would not have remembered months later to buy it for me for Christmas!)

HAHAHA, yes! That's so dope - let me know if it's a MUST SEE.

I received the following:

Bose TriPort headphones are like a high-end Bose stereo system wrapped around your dome, crystal clear as shit, with an extremely full sound. I listened to Donny Hathaway "In Performance" LP (word to S. Reducer) last night and was blown away! It sounded like I was sitting right on stage with those cats - unreal! I wonder what pron will sound like...*smack, smack* in HD audio, suckas!

I also got the brown w/ multi-color striped argyle Grant Thomas shirt I really wanted (date night material)

A Pistons Legends Dave Bing figurine to add to the collection

A really nice dress shirt

More lounge-around-the-crib pants

A custom made tissue box holder that looks like a couch, from Grandma's hands (:::next level:::) & a check for $25

And a fly pair of brown Timberland casual shoes (date night material) from my cousin

Plus a Pistons "IN DEE FACE!" victory over the Spurs, great seats!

Most importantly, though, has been getting to spend lots of quality time with the folks, which is a blessing. I'm thankful to be able to be to support myself and have them as a constant source of love and support as I nagivage my way through the years.

Geeuh.

• tickets to the upcoming Ahmad Jamal concert. YAY!

TheMack, your parents have got to love you. Seriously. While most kids are fiending for some 50 Cent, you're going to Ahmad Jamal concerts. I'm not trying to be funny either, your parents are probably praising their deity of choice for your avocational interests. Hope you enjoy your concert, that was a very thoughtful gift.

Speaking of thoughtful gifts, my girlfriend is amazing. Now, we don't have a lot of money to go around right now, but she went out of her way to get me things that I actually would like... like, really like. What's even more impressive is she doesn't have her own transportation which makes getting gifts secretly kind of a pain.

She got me:
    A couple Rich Dad, Poor Dad books
    The Millionaire Next Door book
    a stack of polo shirts (as a I make my slow transition from baggy clothes to looking like a real adult/parent)
    Curb Your Enthusiasm Season 1 DVD set (I love Seinfeld so I've been fiending to watch this show)
    and "from" my daughter, several $1 cds including a HEATHER B cd (my gf also has a sense of humor)

and some other stuff. But I was impressed that she made such an effort because I'm really hard to shop for. I actually didn't even expect to get much if anything.

I also got some other good stuff from the parents but it was stuff I had specifically requested for the most part. I was just surprised by my girlfriend's dead-on of stuff to get me. Now that's love.

• I got the Sam Cooke bio, the new John Belushi bio, bathrobe, briefcase, shaving kit, slippers, and a talking Hermie the Elf (from Rudolph).

• ToddaTodda 33 Posts
    This is what I got.

• 1. Dusty Groove gift certificate from my ladies parents.
    2. Membership to MOCA
    3. Membership to the Auboretum
    4. Longboard skateboard
    5. Ipod
    6. Misc. Clothes
    7. Some amazing sake
    8. Sake glasses
    9. John Lennon book where there's a picture of him wearing the shirt my dad stole from his laundry
    10. 45's my lady got me (without any help from me) that are mindblowing. I'm talking early Moondog stuff, and sweet soul that melts my face.
    11. The Warriors dvd (white elephant gift from friend's party)
    12. Sexual Life of the Savages lp from friend #1
    13. 2 Free Design lp's from friend #2

good times

• What a great xmas this year

these from my folks:

i think Living Colour wore these in that Cult of Personality video.

• got:

much needed clothes
    wireless mouse

and sadly i think thats it

though i pissed away a load of money on records arriving in the mail hopefully soon as my own xmas present to mahself.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    I got:

Some blank CDs & cases

Some Music Vouchers

A new rice cooker

Some stuff for cleaning the windscreen on the car

Heaps of chocolate

1001 Albums to hear before you die book

The Blue Note cover art book (double, nice try though)

Making Music in NZ book

History of Hot Rod culture book

YSL - Jazz eau de toilette

Some Cash

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    I got..

Phillips 512 mb mp3 player

Westinghouse 19" Widescreen HD-Ready Flat-Panel LCD TV with DVI Inputs - Silver

+ Computer upgrade now I have a 3.2 ghz w/1 gig ram/geforce 6600/dvd burner/620 gigs of hd + Logitech Z-5300e

I also got a Pay2go phone. $25 at some soul food restaraunt, and hollywood video. Leather jacket, couple tshirts, dress shirt with tie, cologne, ear muffs, little watch, cd visor valet, belt organizer, chocolates, and some cash.

Preeeeeeeettttyy good year for me.

- spidey

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts

(She helped me empty my sack!)

And a few more real ill things, such as a red and black lumberjack with the hat to match.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    My favorite gift received this year:

My family already thinks I'm obnoxious about correcting their grammar (even though I'm no grammatical expert myself), but apparently they haven't had enough.

• i was just wondering if you all have rich friends & parents? most of you got some real expensive stuff for christmas...?

• From my brothers japanese girlfriend i got posca markers http://cgi.ebay.com/uni-POSCA-Medium-Paint-Markers-24-pcs-5-colors-NEW_W0QQitemZ8245161221QQcategoryZ28109QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem but with glitter colors!! These will be great for psyching out my pictures even more..

Also i got a new amp which was desperately needed

/L

• And a few more real ill things, such as a red and black lumberjack with the hat to match.

ha!

i got a few nice things,
    Funky/Groovy Lexicon, a Burberry scarf,
    but the big score was this -

• but the big score was this -

steve mcqueen re-issue monaco.

• i got a nose hair trimmer...
    trade it for that BLACK ON WHITE AFFAIR 45, tho.

• i was just wondering if you all have rich friends & parents? most of you got some real expensive stuff for christmas...?

I second that question.

Although I come from a family of "cheap A-rabs" (just kidding, Moms & Pops) I think I managed to horde-in $30 in cold, hard Xmas cash! ::::BIG MONEY!!!*::::

*a graemlin depicting the scene in 40 Year Old Virgin where he does the old "money behind your ear" magic trick saying "BIG MONEY!!!" would be so ill right now.

• Christmas was dope!
    The Hook-Up got me this...

My girl got me...

Moms went well out of her way...

I can finally "strut" at the house! I see late night drunk posts in my future.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts