I HATE MY RACIST CO-WORKER! (nrr)

13»

Comments

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    You've educated me....I must have struck a nerve in the other half, not the Hapa Haole....
    Plaese to clarify what this means.

What does "Hapa Haole" mean
    I already said what it meant earlier in the thread.

I'm done

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    december 30th is my last day, so it really wouldn't make much of a difference in that respect. i think an argument could just add fuel to the fire in a way as dudes don't like me much as it is. they'd be happy to disagree with the peon.

Just document it all and get him fired as a going-away present.

And if he owns the joint, document it all and threaten a suit, just for fun. I wouldn't recommend actually suing, a waste of money.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    because where as most times something that someone took as an insult would just be accepted at face value this is being challeneged as if the guy who was called names is somehow in the wrong.

simply not a good look.
    Guzzo, you're really hurting my feelings by referring to me as someone instead of my name.

Sorry Brian, I suck at being vague

• Just document it all and get him fired as a going-away present.

And if he owns the joint, document it all and threaten a suit, just for fun. I wouldn't recommend actually suing, a waste of money.

can i get more info on how to go about this? noone within the company would give a shit, including the owner.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Just document it all and get him fired as a going-away present.

can i get more info on how to go about this? noone within the company would give a shit, including the owner.

Well, depending on the size of the company, what kind of work,etc...local government labor boards do have certain authority if a workplace is not complying with occupational laws. I am no attorney, but I can tell you that creating a hostile work environment with racial/sexual remarks is a big no no, one that can certainly be a burden on your boss should the people above him care about their current or future liability. I mean, there may have been incidents before you arrived there, or ones that you don't know about. You never know what might be a straw that breaks a camels back. If you are leaving I guess it's how much you want to persue it. On the one hand, it could be very gratifying, on the other, if you are bailing, why bother with the hassle for a douche who will no doubt get his sooner or later?

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    You've educated me....I must have struck a nerve in the other half, not the Hapa Haole....

I'm done

Thank God.

What the fuck are you trying to say? You must of upset his other, non-white half?

Brian has been clear, concise and level headed, whereas you have been accusatory and apparently lost without your pacifier.

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    Day, tell him to

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Day, tell him to

I'm done

Thank God.

What the fuck are you trying to say? You must of upset his other, non-white half?

Brian has been clear, concise and level headed, whereas you have been accusatory and apparently lost without your pacifier.

Not sure what your beef is with me as I've said nothing to or about you.

You can bet your ass I'm not one of those "Newbies who don't fit in so they cry" as you like to say, regardless of how unwelcome you try to make me feel.

You're assessment of what went on here sounds like you're on PCP.

And while I'm sure you're a very nice guy...

"You wouldn't like me anyway so....."Insert Your "Welcome Wagon Word Of The Day" here"

Rich

• dayday 9,611 Posts

I'm done

Thank God.

You can bet your ass I'm not one of those "Newbies who don't fit in so they cry" as you like to say, regardless of how unwelcome you try to make me feel.

You're assessment of what on here sounds like you're on PCP.

"You wouldn't like me anyway so....."Insert Your "Welcome Wagon Word Of The Day" here"

Rich

This is a public message board so you can pretty much guarantee people outside of your argument with whoever, are going to chime in with their 2 cents.

And while I'm sure you're not a "lil dude" in the record game, that doesn't exempt you from critiscm.

You changed your tune the minute Brian said he was half white and basically said "that must have been your 'other half' that got upset".

WTF? New or not, that shit is ridiculous so I called you on it.

I can see you don't really have much to defend yourself with by throwing around my drunken posts and taking things I've said out of context. It's also pretty obvious we don't see eye to eye, be it politics, white privilege or "FUNKY BLACK GUYS WHO PLAY FOLK MUSIC", but that doesn't mean I have a "beef" with you. Sometimes I just like to talk shit.

I'm done

Thank God.

You're assessment of what on here sounds like you're on PCP.

Rich

This is a public message board so you can pretty much garauntee people outside of your argument with whoever, are going to chime in with their 2 cents.

And while I'm sure you're not a "lil dude" in the record game, that doesn't exempt you from critiscm.

You changed your tune the minute Brian said he was half white and basically said "that must have been your 'other half' that got upset".

WTF? New or not, that shit is ridiculous so I called you on it.

I can see you don't really have much to defend yourself with by throwing around my drunken posts and taking things I've said out of context. It's also pretty obvious we don't see eye to eye, be it politics, white privilege or "FUNKY BLACK GUYS WHO PLAY FOLK MUSIC", but that doesn't mean I have a "beef" with you. Sometimes I just like to talk shit.

Fair enough....I talk my fair share of shit. If you met me you'd realize that "white privilege" is something I've not been entitled to, so I don't know how we'd differ on that.

But I'm not gonna hate on anyone because of their politics...I might give my opinion, but you won't find me insulting individuals.....just mindsets.

And BTW...I was bored as shit at work today but never got to start the "FUNKY BLACK OOM-PAH HIGH SCHOOL BANDS" thread....thank goodness.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    This whole thread is one big .

By the way, I'm not from Hawaii but enough of my friends are and "haole" is never really meant as a compliment or value-neutral statement even though the term itself is meant to be another way of saying "white person".

But gook and haole aren't similar invectives, any more than "cracker" and "nigger" are.

• unfortunately, this thread became:

• unfortunately, this thread became:

I hate when Tripod starts hosting my threads.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    unfortunately, this thread became:

I hate when Tripod starts hosting my threads.

HAHAAHHAAHHHAAHAHHAAHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    This whole thread is one big .

there was a multi page thread just a couple months ago about whether or not haole was a racist term

never went anywhere then either.