I HATE MY RACIST CO-WORKER! (nrr)

OXYCONTINOXYCONTIN 115 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
all this motherfucker can talk about is "the union dude's accent" and how if there was only someone w/ a decent command of the english language he wouldn't be so confused about the strike... i told him as i always do to shut the fuck up. stupid ass.

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    when i was a kid, i'd go shopping with my grandmother sometimes and be subject to assholes making a big deal about her polish accent. they would repeat what she'd say right back, in a condescending tone, as if she we're mentally retarded, and i remember thinking "this lady was a war hero with a degree in cardiology, while your mcdonald's-job-having, lazy ass is trying to belittle her, in front of her family?!". sorry to rant, but that shit drives me crazy too.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    all this motherfucker can talk about is "the union dude's accent" and how if there was only someone w/ a decent command of the english language he wouldn't be so confused about the strike... i told him as i always do to shut the fuck up. stupid ass.

wouldn't this be classist, not racist?

• yeah i hear you man... the entire time this fucker is spewing his xenophobic / racist bullshit i'm thinking... my mom and dad both have pretty thick accents... but what's the point. i hate the bastard.. it's not worth it.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    i hate the bastard.. it's not worth it.
    ..yeah, but it would be fun to pour honey and fire ants all over his face on TV.

• my boss dropped the g-word (think vietnam) today at our xmas party. he had everyone rolling but i decided to just look down and direct my towards the floor.

whats yer dudes' opinions on calling out these hatters? yay/nay?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    my boss dropped the g-word (think vitenam) today at our xmas party. he had everyone rolling but i decided to just look down and direct my towards the floor.

Sounds like a scene off the show The Office!!

• my boss dropped the g-word (think vietnam) today at our xmas party. he had everyone rolling but i decided to just look down and direct my towards the floor.

you wanna call out your boss?
    you wanna keep your job?

• december 30th is my last day, so it really wouldn't make much of a difference in that respect. i think an argument could just add fuel to the fire in a way as dudes don't like me much as it is. they'd be happy to disagree with the peon.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    my Japanese co-workers are racist too! matter of fact, a lot of Japanese think they're better than other Asians.

Also the term "gaijin" is written in Chinese characters as "outside people".
    The term is widely used among Japanese to mean foreigners.

I've heard plenty of mockery of mexicans, blacks, koreans, etc. Also characterizing Americans as a whole as "lazy, lacking in any sophistication" yada yada.

so one day i decided to speak to my supervisor because it bothered me, she completely understood.

• you wanna call out your boss?
    you wanna keep your job?

what if it's your bosses' friend making racial jokes? is it then cool to call out?

• my boss dropped the g-word (think vitenam) today at our xmas party. he had everyone rolling but i decided to just look down and direct my towards the floor.

Sounds like a scene off the show The Office!!

have a cookie

cookie cookie cookie

only 99 cents

• Also characterizing Americans as a whole as "lazy, lacking in any sophistication"

yes

so one day i decided to speak to my supervisor because it bothered me, she completely understood.

awesome.

• i had a chat today with a co-worker about his idiotic racist jokes.

idiot.

Also characterizing Americans as a whole as "lazy, lacking in any sophistication"

yes

awesome.

In the 80's I had a Japanese co-worker that always called me by an insulting slang word for us gringos...."Howlee"(sic)...I knew it was an insult but never let it bother me...

Then one day I said..."Don't think I don't know what you're calling me"....she was very embarrassed and said...."Oh, it doesn't mean what you think".... I said "Oh, It doesn't mean the white guy with the big dick".....she ran out of the room and never spoke to me again...she left about a month later.

• haole - A word used mainly in Hawaii to describe a white person. Depending on how you say it, the word can mean either an insult or just a fact[/b].

Pay special attention to the tone the word is said in.

maybe she was just scared off by your 'big white dick' comment?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    In the 80's I had a Japanese co-worker that always called me by an insulting slang word for us gringos...."Howlee"(sic)...I knew it was an insult but never let it bother me...

Then one day I said..."Don't think I don't know what you're calling me"....she was very embarrassed and said...."Oh, it doesn't mean what you think".... I said "Oh, It doesn't mean the white guy with the big dick".....she ran out of the room and never spoke to me again...she left about a month later.
    Haole. It's literal meaning is "person without breath." The Hawaiians called Captain Cook and his crew that when they arrived because they thought they were gods/immortal aka "without breath." It is used as slang for Caucasian now and it can be an insult; depending on the context. Do the knowledge before passing judgement, thanks.

hawaiin, no?

Haole. It's literal meaning is "person without breath." The Hawaiians called Captain Cook and his crew that when they arrived because they thought they were gods/immortal aka "without breath." It is used as slang for Caucasian now and it can be an insult; depending on the context. Do the knowledge before passing judgement, thanks.

Shit...you mean it DOESN'T mean White man with a big dick.....damn...my bad

hawaiin, no?

Yes she was from Hawaii and was Japanese

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    No, but it could mean ignorant white boy which you seem to fall under based on your posts in this thread.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

hawaiin, no?

Spell check doggie! That would be "Hawaiian."

No, but it could mean ignorant white boy which you seem to fall under based on your posts in this thread.

Ignorant to WHAT???

• 's racist...........yeh?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts

Ignorant to WHAT???
    What the word "haole" means. Your co-worker was not being insulting, you caught feelings over some small shit, incorrectly assumed the meaning of a word, and made a huge situation over something you did not understand. In this this very thread, you have demonstrated your ignorance by not incorrectly spelling the word you find insulting and you were unable to give a definition beyond "don't think I don't know what that means." That is why you are ignorant.

• Brian,

it could've been used, from my understanding at least, in a regular OR derogatory manner. i was just saying it was possible she didn't mean anything by it, but the opposite is a possibility as well.

• wouldn't this be classist, not racist?

BOY... IF THERE'S ONE THING A WHITE MAN HATES MORE THAN ANYTHING ELSE... BEING CALLED A RACIST!

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i was just saying it was possible she didn't mean anything by it, but the opposite is a possibility as well.
    ... which someone could determine by asking the person instead of confronting them in a negative manner. Especially when you don't even know what the person is saying to you.

Ignorant to WHAT???
    What the word "haole" means. Your co-worker was not being insulting, you caught feelings over some small shit, incorrectly assumed the meaning of a word, and made a huge situation over something you did not understand. In this this very thread, you have demonstrated your ignorance by not incorrectly spelling the word you find insulting and you were unable to give a definition beyond "don't think I don't know what that means." That is why you are ignorant.

Not knowing how to spell an insult is ignorant??? I believe that's why I put(sic)...If you read my post you'll see that it DIDN'T bother me and I let it slide for a long time....it was only after her HUSBAND(who was caucasion) told me the word was a "slang word for a caucasion, like Gringo or Cracker" did I know what it was. And by the tone of it beintg used I realized it was not flattering and decided to have some fun with her.

Tell me ol' wise one....who uses this word today in a context where it's NOT an insult.

hawaiin, no?

Spell check doggie! That would be "Hawaiian."

me grammer no good.

me grimace.