Your Favorite Discontinued Bubble Gum?

MangomanMangoman 549 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
Word! Smackin gum doggies what yall favortie Discontinued bubble gum or bubble gum you use to rock but can't find?I would have to say for a min it was razzles but I found some and the ish lasted two seconds. For discontinued gum it would have to be Stick Bubble gum from baseball card packs! Classic...What ever happened to that Hubba Bubba fruit flavor that tased just like juicy fruit???

Comments

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    haha, i think this is your most random topic yet

• bubble yum with the spider eggs in 'em.

• Razzles are actually still around,I've had them in the last year.I think as far as discontinued,I would roll with Gatorgum manufactured by gatorade.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    I would roll with Gatorgum manufactured by gatorade.

Didn't they stop making those in 1980? Every time that I used to see those wrappers, it always said 1980.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    I think as far as discontinued, I would roll with Gatorgum manufactured by gatorade.

Ha! I'm almost completely positive that I saw this at a local sports shop when I was back in Michigan.

Came across this link trying to look for some info: Discontinued Candy

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

Didn't they stop making those in 1980? Every time that I used to see those wrappers, it always said 1980.

Is that really the case? I was chewing that sh*t well into the 90s!

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    I sold a stick of Michael Jackson gum that came with the cards on Ebay. It sold for 1.25 to Sketch. he ate it.

• From the discontinued candy list....

Cherry Hump

Chicken Dinner candy bar

Chum gum

Denver Sandwich Bar

Snirkles

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

Is that really the case? I was chewing that sh*t well into the 90s!
    I did also but I guess manufacturers would often do that.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Hubba Bubba-any, but I especially liked Lemonade when I was a kid.
    Jewels. I think they still make it, but I haven't seen it in ages.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    i like this one.

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    Jewels I think they still make
    I thought it was Chewels. Thats the one with candy flavored spuge in the middle right?

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Yeah. I thought it was jewels.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

I used to rock these. They had the commercials with old west gunslingers challenging each other to eat the whole thing (pasue).

I think you can still get these, but the old factory for these bad boys is near me, and has a crazy old school billboard painted on the side of the building:

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    REGGIE BAR

• I used to rock these. They had the commercials with old west gunslingers challenging each other to eat the whole thing (pasue).

YOOOOOOO marathon bars were the shit, you can still get em under a different name imported from uk!

my favorite dis. gum would be....fortune bubble.Orange wrapper looked like a stick and it had a fortune inside.

big bols are the best, but you gotta know where to get em.

• bubble burger...

• REGGIE BAR

Yup, that's probably the only candy I'm nostalgic for. I used to eat those when I was like 4. But for some reason my favorite player was Mickey Rivers.

• Co-sign on Marathon bars. They had a ruler on the back of the package so you could eat your big twelve-inch.

Loved that Gatorgum too. Instant saliva gland activator.

What was up with the whole idea of putting Charleston Chew in the freezer and hitting it with a hammer while still in the package??? Mmmm.... CANDY SHARDS!

And gotta give a shout out to Rondo citrus soda.

LIGHTLY CARBONATED... SO YOU CAN SLAM IT DOWN FAST. RONDO. THE THIRST CRUSHER!!! (CRUNCH!!!)

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    Slush puppy gum. The little paw print shaped ones. I remember eating like 3 bags of this on my first airplane ride.

- spidey

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts

This thread is way random. I had to post. Beat me to the punch. I could go for some gatorgum. I remember the green one. Did they make any other flavors? I need to know.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    REGGIE BAR

If you are going to mention The Reggie bar. Don't forget about Charlie Hustle!

• The real : stuff is the gum in tube form.

Ghostbusters Slimer gum was my fav.

• flunkflunk 230 Posts

• Not gum, but I REALLY miss BONKERS CANDY.

and good call on the Gator Gum.