Kelly Clarkson is the #1 song of the year.

CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
Don't get it twisted. This shit is the great EQUALIZER.Yeah, yeah.Oh yeah and I was banging Amerie "1 Thing" in November of 2004 so that shit don't count.

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Don't get it twisted. This shit is the great EQUALIZER.

Yeah, yeah.

Oh yeah and I was banging Amerie "1 Thing" in November of 2004 so that shit don't count.

Uh, the Clarkson song was out in late 2004 too though.

No love for ?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Stay Fly is dope, bro, but because I split my time between here and Hollerboard I think I just got burnt of that shit a lot quicker. Stay Fly is a close second, or maybe Jamrock. Jamrock isn't getting that much love.

• Don't get it twisted. This shit is the great EQUALIZER.

Yeah, yeah.

Oh yeah and I was banging Amerie "1 Thing" in November of 2004 so that shit don't count.

Uh, the Clarkson song was out in late 2004 too though.

No love for ?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Since you been gone.

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    Phew... now I can breathe for the first time.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Hah!

• Oh yeah and I was banging Amerie

• This song is pretty undeniable, even taking into account that it's pretty much a facsimile of the Yeah Yeah Yeahs' "Maps". What can I say, Kelly's version is better.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Kelly's version is better.

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
    I never heard this song.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I never heard this song.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I never heard this song.

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    Fuck this shit.

I never heard this song.

Nor did I until about three hours ago. Get thee to iTunes.

• I never heard this song.

Do you guys ever turn on the radio or TV? Honestly, this song has been UNAVOIDABLE all year.

• And every single person on internet (literally) has been jocking this song all year.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    I never heard this song.

I never heard this song.

Do you guys ever turn on the radio or TV? Honestly, this song has been UNAVOIDABLE all year.

I also didn't hear "My Humps" until someone played it for me at a record store because I was wondering what the hype was about.

Maybe you haven't heard but radio listenership is down, way down. A majority of teens listen to new music via the internet and while I'm not a teen, I also don't listen to a lot of commercial radio either.

And every single person on internet (literally) has been jocking this song all year.

Didn't see that neither. If Noz doesn't have it on his site, it means it doesn't matter.

• And every single person on internet (literally) has been jocking this song all year.

Didn't see that neither. If Noz doesn't have it on his site, it means it doesn't matter.

This has also been a music critic cause celebre for a while and you do move in those circles...

wait, literally ?

wait, literally ?

So many people that, if they all held hands, they could circle the earth thrice!

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    I never heard this song.

Me neither. I'm sure it's amazing though if it's #1 and all.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    I heard this song at the MTV Music Awards, that's it. I have no opinion.

• Is this a personal favourite, and/or do you play this out? If you do play this out, how is Kelly recieved? Especially at some place like the Rub. Inquiring minds want to know.

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
    I just heard this song.

I disliked it from the moment the chorus hit.
    ugly ass guitar wall-sound.

catchy tune tho.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Personal favorite, but it's more than that.

I actually have played it out quite a bit this year. There will be times when I'm playing for a crowd that isn't fully "enlightened" and, when programmed CORRECTLY* in the mix it ends up really working well.

* EVERYTHING has to be programmed correctly.

But also for my more "with it" clientele I play this remix my man DJ Jamo did for me which has the Kelly song with the drums from "Planet Rock" so it's like a beefed up version, and then I slip it in there in teh middle of a set of that "real schitt" and heads really flip. The song is a really GREAT pop song, and although almost all pop music is looked at as being drivel by many people, there's nothing wrong with a good pop record. That being said, so way everybody's really getting down to some deep shit and then you hear like "layers" (I like to DJ in layers, little movements so to speak) and then one of those layers is like a guitar riff, the Kelly jawn, and then it comes in and almost blindsides you but it's perfect. So then there's this really amazing pop record (or in my case an electro rmx of said pop record) and it's a guilty pleasure as well, then the full on THRASH chorus comes in and EVERYBODY rocks out.

So yeah, in 90% of the cases it's worked great. Plus, like most pop songs this day it's less than 3 minutes so it's not really long enough for someone to get worked up about, and it's gone before they can, mixed away into teh oblivion into some more of that 'real schitt."

How to play recorrrds you SCARED TO BE PLAYED 101 (you scared say you scared.)

• I never heard this song.

I also didn't hear "My Humps" until someone played it for me at a record store because I was wondering what the hype was about.

Maybe you haven't heard but radio listenership is down, way down. A majority of teens listen to new music via the internet and while I'm not a teen, I also don't listen to a lot of commercial radio either.

yea, but aren't you a music critic? i'm not putting you down, but it seems kinda strange that you need someone to tell you about the two most highly played songs of the year.

• Word, I understand what you mean, timing and context is everything, and not just for playing records out. I also agree that dj tricks and remixes might make a pop song better, and that they sometimes outshine og versions, which is ok. I expressed a negative opinion about this track in another thread, but looking back its because the song, for me, has been oversaturated, just heard it way too much and it became terrible. Pop songs are all good in my book, and I think regular folks like hearing songs they know when they go out to pawrty, but hearing that shit over and over makes me want to pull my teeth.