Kelly Clarkson is the #1 song of the year.

13»

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    This song is SoulStrut approved:

Matt is so THE DUDE in that photo.

• Im with Bizzo

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    This song is pretty undeniable, even taking into account that it's pretty much a facsimile of the Yeah Yeah Yeahs' "Maps". What can I say, Kelly's version is better.

I'm glad I'm not the only person that noticed the hoist from "Maps".

I always wondered if she wrote it herself or if it came from the matrix. I have to guess the matrix, but props to her if she did write it.

Even if she didnt though, she sings it real good.

Dunno if Matrix produced it, but they didn't write it. It's a Max Martin joint - guy who did Baby One More Time and some of the better backstreet Boys tunes.

• I've got nothing against pop music, but I've heard that Kelly Clarkson record maybe a dozen times and never really gotten into it. Her voice is fine and I like the arrangement, but it's kinda meh to me cuz I hate like the lyric and the whole build-up/release seems too synthetic. Maybe I just need to hear A.I. play it to appreciate it, though.

Meanwhile, my dark horse late entry for favorite song of the year is Three 6's "Pussy Got Ya Hooked."

[quot

• This song is SoulStrut approved:

Matt Matthew is so THE DUDE drunk in that photo.

I've got nothing against pop music, but I've heard that Kelly Clarkson record maybe a dozen times and never really gotten into it. Her voice is fine and I like the arrangement, but it's kinda meh to me cuz I hate like the lyric and the whole build-up/release seems too synthetic. Maybe I just need to hear A.I. play it to appreciate it, though.

Meanwhile, my dark horse late entry for favorite song of the year is Three 6's "Pussy Got Ya Hooked."

[quot

Speaking of late entries, I got "Tha Carter II" yesterday, and I must have replayed "Receipt" about half-a-dozen times. I've been walking round town all afternoon with it on the Walkman, singing along with that Isleys sample. "Shooter" sounds like a gangstafied "White Album"-era Beatles covering "Mass Appeal". It's a fucking great album.

This song is SoulStrut approved:

Matt Matthew is so THE DUDE drunk in that photo.

It's a good look for you, any which way, M*****.

What song did you sing?

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    I dont see how you havent heard this before. I dont have cable either, but its on like every teen movie commercial, and pop radio station while im getting a haircut

Man, where do you get your hair cut?

SUSPECT GROOMING PRACTICES REVEALED

I haven't heard this song, either...

I know you have a big thing about barbershops and male bonding and stuff. I just go to supercuts.

• I think it's getting more (continuous play/saturation) in certain markets. I would have never heard the song until my friends in LA suggested I check for it. I've never
    heard it here (although I never listen to the radio), and that might also be a reason why it isn't everywhere in SF either.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    I'm hoping this thread is priceless soulstrut sarcasm. This song is akin to me projectile votiming into the air, and letting it land all on my face/neck, and then lighting my testicles on fire.

- spidey

• I'm hoping this thread is priceless soulstrut sarcasm. This song is akin to me projectile votiming into the air, and letting it land all on my face/neck, and then lighting my testicles on fire.

- spidey

ew!!![/b]

I'm hoping this thread is priceless soulstrut sarcasm. This song is akin to me projectile votiming into the air, and letting it land all on my face/neck, and then lighting my testicles on fire.

- spidey

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

- spidey

ew!!![/b]

haha

I just saw the video for this song and listened intently. It isn't a bad pop song but damn SFJ, really now?

Cosmo:
    FAT GEORGE CLOONEY