SF Police Dept "Morale Building" video

Comments

• Where I come from, nobody disobeys the rules of society. It would be .... illogical

*arches eyebrow*

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts

HOW ABOUT THE HONOR SYSTEM MANNNN!

Fucking hilarious.

Look...I know a few cops in Richmond...some of them dicks and some of them are real GENUINE dudes...hmmm...sounds like SOULSTRUT. Folks is folks...

The reason we don't like cops is because we are somewhat intelligent and therefore skeptical of those that hold power over us. That's just common sense given the gross abuse of powers that have occurred throughout history.

I'm just pissed they did it while on the clock. That DOES mean they were neglecting their duties.

gNAT

• even though the city is liberal, the politics are very old-school, Irish democrat. The liberals may have the Haight and Castro, but the old money still has City Hall.

that is actually very true. the city bureucracies here such as MUNI and the SFPD are insanely corrupt, make ridiculous salaries and are kinda ineffective and they get these high positions due to nepotism. we have one of the lowest solved crimes percentage in the country. it amazes me how top MUNI and SFPD officials make so much money and are untouchable when any scandals arise. During fajita gate scandal, the DA Terrence Hallinan indicted the top brass of the SFPD for conspiracy and coverup, only to overturn it due to mounting pressure and most of these officers got a slap on the wrist.

yeah DA TH was the man. BUT let's not forget NETTIE-GATE. SF cops get the dilznick.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    "Cohen (who filmed the videos) expressed amazement that "this micromanaging chief" would be worried about videos with the homicide total for the year nearing 100. "She has bigger fish to fry," Cohen said."

Hmmmm....yeah, maybe if the cops weren't playing "make believe" and out there doing their fucking jobs those numbers would be different.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

I'm just pissed they did it while on the clock. That DOES mean they were neglecting their duties.

gNAT

if they did this on their free time, it would be no less disturbing or indication of a huge problem - just less expensive for the city.

• This is more depressing then the article itself:

-e

The results of that poll are seriously , but I'm not really surprised. Have you ever checked out the "rants and raves" section of Craigslist SF? Tonnes of ignorant shit, supposedly written by BA residents, being dropped in the name of humor.

SG

I admit to having peeped the SF rants and raves from time to time. scary shit.

• yeah DA TH was the man.

I remember when he held the press conference when the top brass got indicted. he looked so angry and growled something like "NO ONE! () is above the law...." dude seemed like a DA from a comic book, straight outta Gotham City.

• I'll chime in here and estimate that 90% of the cops I've dealt with are total scumbags. I'm an investigator for a firm of criminal defense attorneys, so I deal with them all the time. Cops typically lie on their police reports, target people based on race or appearance, lie on the stand, and generally disrespect and shit on the very people they're supposed to "protect and serve".

It's a shitty and depressing job, so it doesn't really surprise me that they act the way they do. Still, they signed up for it.. if they don't like it then they need to find another career. Otherwise they're a part of the problem.

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    dudes, the SFPD are listening to Camron in this video

http://www.kron.com/Global/story.asp?S=4216830

video 1

• i don't understand how the police dept in probably thee most liberal metropolitan in the country can produce something so racist, homophobic, & sexist. what a bunch of meatheads!

That's because a pig is a pig, regardless to where he's at.

Question is - how do you call the pigs on the pigs?

• can you please be a little more condescending?

I can try...

It just seems that a lot of people are quick to shout FTP on the net or with their friends, when I think in the "real" world their attitude would be somewhat different when dealing with the police, "yes officer, no Officer etc."

Folks are entiled to their opinions but it smacks of hipocrisy when they haven't the balls to carry them through to real life.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts

can you please be a little more condescending?

I can try...

It just seems that a lot of people are quick to shout FTP on the net or with their friends, when I think in the "real" world their attitude would be somewhat different when dealing with the police, "yes officer, no Officer etc."
    Folks are entiled to their opinions but it smacks of hipocrisy when they haven't the balls to carry them through to real life.

That's the stupidest shit I've ever heard.

So people are wrong because if they said half this shit in front of a pig they'd get arrested and/or beaten? I have TONS of friends that have been beaten and left there by the cops for stupid shit that should have been a warning but since they're cops they can get away with it. Makes you think twice about saying anything in front of them. Doesn't make you a hypocrite.

I'd love to see you roll down to Watts and spread your gospel since you have the balls to carry your ideas through to real life.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="http://soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/dopoll.php">INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="pollname" VALUE="1134146719ODub">

Cops: Hot Or Not?[/b]
    I think cops are the bestest!
    I don't love 'em but they've saved my ass before.
    They've never done me any favors.
    Die, pigs, die!
    INPUT TYPE=Submit NAME=Submit VALUE="Submit vote" class="buttons">

• can you please be a little more condescending?

I can try...

That's the stupidest shit I've ever heard.

So people are wrong because if they said half this shit in front of a pig they'd get arrested and/or beaten? I have TONS of friends that have been beaten and left there by the cops for stupid shit that should have been a warning but since they're cops they can get away with it. Makes you think twice about saying anything in front of them. Doesn't make you a hypocrite.

I'd love to see you roll down to Watts and spread your gospel since you have the balls to carry your ideas through to real life.

When people around me act like this I call them out on it.As I said before I think with most people FTP is just an extended adolescent rebellion.
    Maybe I'm just lucky that most of my law enforcement experiences have been positive ones...except when i was caught speeding,oops

• It doesn't take much to post on the internet either... but at least they are there attempting to police the streets and keep the peace.Things would be a lot more dangerous with no police out there at all.
    They are doing something constructive for society in general, ask yourself,...

What do you do????

Let's not forget they are getting paid for it. Bottom line is that it's a steady job. It's not volunteer work. I can assure you that most cops don't have a clue about society, nor about being constructive, for that matter. If they think they are constructively contributing to society by being a cop, then it just goes to show how fucking ignorant (and more likely then not-- DUMB) they are.

No shit it would a lot worse without them! They are an essential part of this society. Being a cop is a high stress job, but the people allowed to be cops are not capable of dealing with the stress or issues they are faced with, and as a result they consciously do illegal things, that they feel they are entitled to, because they are cops.

What do I do?

Well because, COPS and the people who sign up to do the job, creep me out as much as pedophiles. I try to avoid their presence as much as possible which means I don't do stupid shit that would force them to come around. Not to mention that the the majority (not all!!!) of things that would prompt their presence are detremental to both my self and the people around me.

• So true, so true. I mean this is just exxagerated fiction but it could very well be the truth.

• For anyone still interested in this thread's original topic, here's the video in question:

http://cbs5.com/video/?id=%209130@kpix.dayport.com

I'm only about 20 seconds in, but it's pretty cot-dayum offensive.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    If they think they are constructively contributing to society by being a cop, then it just goes to show how fucking ignorant (and more likely then not-- DUMB) they are.

Wow. Just...wow.

• If they think they are constructively contributing to society by being a cop, then it just goes to show how fucking ignorant (and more likely then not-- DUMB) they are.

Wow. Just...wow.

So arresting heroin dealers,rapists etc isn't contributing to society...

If they think they are constructively contributing to society by being a cop, then it just goes to show how fucking ignorant (and more likely then not-- DUMB) they are.

Wow. Just...wow.

Well, when the police actually DO these things in everyone's neighborhood, yes, that would be a contribution.

The problem is...they don't.

• For anyone still interested in this thread's original topic, here's the video in question:

Dude I recognize the African-American crackhead they show first in that video.

• If they think they are constructively contributing to society by being a cop, then it just goes to show how fucking ignorant (and more likely then not-- DUMB) they are.

Wow. Just...wow.

Well, when the police actually DO these things in everyone's neighborhood, yes, that would be a contribution.

Well, maybe if some of the cash the government spent on the military budget and invading foreign countries on the most flimsy of evidence was redirected, there might be enough to pay for more police officers as well as free health care and a decent education system...

Well, maybe if some of the cash the government spent on the military budget and invading foreign countries on the most flimsy of evidence was redirected, there might be enough to pay for more police officers as well as free health care and a decent education system...

in Canada - where there is 'free' healthcare, excellent public education and we are not invading foreign countries for flimsy reasons or otherwise - police brutality, corruption, tampering with evidence, leaving young Aboriginal men to die in the snow and withholding vital information regarding a neighbourhood rapist from the general public still happens.

the problem is not government spending, it is police culture. are you seriously looking at that footage and thinking folks are being too hard on the cops?

in Canada - where there is 'free' healthcare, excellent public education and we are not invading foreign countries for flimsy reasons or otherwise - police brutality, corruption, tampering with evidence, leaving young Aboriginal men to die in the snow and withholding vital information regarding a neighbourhood rapist from the general public still happens.

the problem is not government spending, it is police culture. are you seriously looking at that footage and thinking folks are being too hard on the cops?

Bassie,

If you're going to compare the US and Canada, is goes way beyond differences in cop culture though.

Just saying.

• in Canada - where there is 'free' healthcare, excellent public education and we are not invading foreign countries for flimsy reasons or otherwise - police brutality, corruption, tampering with evidence, leaving young Aboriginal men to die in the snow and withholding vital information regarding a neighbourhood rapist from the general public still happens.

Bassie,

If you're going to compare the US and Canada, is goes way beyond differences in cop culture though.

Just saying.

Just say it, Oliver. Go ahead and throw poutine in the woman's face.

Admit that you're gravy-ist.

Bassie,

Just saying.

i don't really want to compare the two because, as you say, there are other things at play (ie gun laws, attitude about drugs).

my response was to the above examples - i don't think it's as simple as redirecting money out of the military.

• So arresting heroin dealers,rapists etc isn't contributing to society...

Not on those involved with the video, however you just can't tar all police officers with the same brush. I reiterate what I said earlier, you can't generalise on a whole group of people because of the job they do...

• So arresting heroin dealers,rapists etc isn't contributing to society...

Not on those involved with the video, however you just can't tar all police officers with the same brush. I reiterate what I said earlier, you can't generalise on a whole group of people because of the job they do...

I'll generalise with cops.

That "Oh Captain" skit with everyone licking their lips is pretty funny though... ya gotta admit...

The Tai Chi parody was wack, but you see that shit whenever people parody martial arts.

And running over a homeless woman while talking to a camera...? Thats pretty bad, but it strikes me that some would think it was funny if it was the cops on the Kids In the Hall...

I dunno... I gotta watch it again, maybe I wasn't watching close enough.