SF Police Dept "Morale Building" video

13»

Comments

• So arresting heroin dealers,rapists etc isn't contributing to society...

Well, when the police actually DO these things in everyone's neighborhood, yes, that would be a contribution.

The problem is...they don't.

Well, maybe if some of the cash the government spent on the military budget and invading foreign countries on the most flimsy of evidence was redirected, there might be enough to pay for more police officers as well as free health care and a decent education system...

in Canada - where there is 'free' healthcare, excellent public education and we are not invading foreign countries for flimsy reasons or otherwise - police brutality, corruption, tampering with evidence, leaving young Aboriginal men to die in the snow and withholding vital information regarding a neighbourhood rapist from the general public still happens.

the problem is not government spending, it is police culture. are you seriously looking at that footage and thinking folks are being too hard on the cops?

Not on those involved with the video, however you just can't tar all police officers with the same brush. I reiterate what I said earlier, you can't generalise on a whole group of people because of the job they do...

I'll generalise with cops.

Thin end of the wedge...once you start to generalise one group it makes it easier to progress to others.

Who next...Postmen??? They must all be thieves as some of my parcels haven't turned up...

Use your head

`