Stupid Sh*t Rappers Say

13»

Comments

• Hiphopsite has a best-of list every year and they always have a category for "most questionably gay lyrics". This is their list from 2001:

1. ???Niggas give me props, bitches give me cock??? ??? Tray Dee on Eastsidaz ???Everywhere I Go???

2. That rapper who???s dick you ridin??? / he???s ten year???s behind me!??? ??? Ras Kass ??? Beatminerz??? Ras Kass on ???Bentleys and Bitches???

3. Whether you my nigga, my bitch, or I don't know you / Wu-Tang Killa Bees, son, what? Don't make me blow you!??? ??? RZA ???Show You Love???

4. ???I???ll fuck a big bone or slim chick?????? - Horse on ???Oochie Wallie???

5. ???Suck my dick you fucking faggot??? - Jadakiss on ???Fuck Beanie Sigel Freestyle??? ***

6. "You got your girlfriends, I got my boyfriends" - Ja Rule on ???Ain???t It Funny???

7. ???Slap your chin strap, when I push your wig back / the best man at your wedding cause I probably hit that!??? ??? Channel Live ???Spark Dat???

8. ???I'm like Big wit the murder mamis up in Belize / but I'll still fuck a chickenhead like Lil' Cease??? ??? Jadakiss ???Knock Ya Self Out???

How was Juelz Santana spared their wrath? From "Make It Work for You":

"Lemme show you how to hit that strip/how to get that dick"

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    okay, i get it now. that was a long sentence. i don't care about the other rappers, but i think it's funny that kanye would be so blantant about his opinion.
    though, i don't think kanye cares much about his listeners, by that doodoo album he just dropped.

Are you a rapper?
    not in a way where i posture to other people on internet message boards, that i am. do you know what i mean?

no

• "I'm getting so much brain I'm starting to feel smart"

i wouldnt call this stupid, i would call this genius.

• Yeah, I was going to say: Iraq didn't exist until post WWII.

See - Ras is deeper than ya'll.

So natives of that country were referred to as "Turkeys" and that is somehow tied to the American holiday of Thanksgiving? OK!

that's his mistake: people of said empire were called ottomans back then and would be called turks now. no turkeys there...

yeah but those people weren't/aren't BLACK.

and the Ottoman Empire might have encompassed Turkey but "Turkey" was/is never used to denote other constituent parts of the Ottoman Empire.

and generally residents of the Ottoman empire would not have referred to themselves as "ottomans" but rather would have identified with their locality/clan/religion/ethnic/language group depending on where they lived.

whatever that whole song is ig-nant.

but Ras is still nice.

and he eats GZA on that Dreddy Krueger track.

• "Any MC in any 52 states"
    - ODB 'Shimmy Shimmy Ya'

And when Redman raps in Korean... well, trust me, its mostly jibberish. I mean, its sorta korean, but its like "anybody i i i i i redman" etc.

Ol' Dirty was so far ahead of folls that he was ready to battle MCs from Puerto Rico and Guam just in case they became states in the near future! LOL!

don't forget AMERICAN SAMOA and the US VIRGIN ISLANDS batches. and I KNOW Y'ALL ARE NOT SLEEPING on the lyrical stylings of the MARSHALL ISLANDS!!!!

• DJAckDJAck 255 Posts
    nice list so far! keep 'em coming...

also, i have a clean version of Nature of a Threat if anyone wants an mp3 for their radio show

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    "Y'all niggaz is scared. I'm your worst nightmare squared.
    That's double for niggaz who ain't mathematically aware."
    -Common and Canibus, "Making a Name For Ourselves"

... was a lyrical faux-pas according to some, but it really isn't, nahmean ?

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    Anybody catch Ali in that track Grillz?
    Gotta bill in my mouth like im Hillary Rodham
    Yeah, me and my boy were just laughing at the various ways that can be viewed.

• Yeah, I was going to say: Iraq didn't exist until post WWII.

See - Ras is deeper than ya'll.

So natives of that country were referred to as "Turkeys" and that is somehow tied to the American holiday of Thanksgiving? OK!

that's his mistake: people of said empire were called ottomans back then and would be called turks now. no turkeys there...

yeah but those people weren't/aren't BLACK.

and the Ottoman Empire might have encompassed Turkey but "Turkey" was/is never used to denote other constituent parts of the Ottoman Empire.

and generally residents of the Ottoman empire would not have referred to themselves as "ottomans" but rather would have identified with their locality/clan/religion/ethnic/language group depending on where they lived.

whatever that whole song is ig-nant.

but Ras is still nice.

and he eats GZA on that Dreddy Krueger track.

and they definately weren't the white elite either... so he got it 1/2 right... but also in defense, he is simplifying history (even if one sided) to a song, I don't see it as ignorant, just opening people to a different take on history in 3-4 minutes.

• Hiphopsite has a best-of list every year and they always have a category for "most questionably gay lyrics". This is their list from 2001:

1. ???Niggas give me props, bitches give me cock??? ??? Tray Dee on Eastsidaz ???Everywhere I Go???

2. That rapper who???s dick you ridin??? / he???s ten year???s behind me!??? ??? Ras Kass ??? Beatminerz??? Ras Kass on ???Bentleys and Bitches???

3. Whether you my nigga, my bitch, or I don't know you / Wu-Tang Killa Bees, son, what? Don't make me blow you!??? ??? RZA ???Show You Love???

4. ???I???ll fuck a big bone or slim chick?????? - Horse on ???Oochie Wallie???

5. ???Suck my dick you fucking faggot??? - Jadakiss on ???Fuck Beanie Sigel Freestyle??? ***

6. "You got your girlfriends, I got my boyfriends" - Ja Rule on ???Ain???t It Funny???

7. ???Slap your chin strap, when I push your wig back / the best man at your wedding cause I probably hit that!??? ??? Channel Live ???Spark Dat???

8. ???I'm like Big wit the murder mamis up in Belize / but I'll still fuck a chickenhead like Lil' Cease??? ??? Jadakiss ???Knock Ya Self Out???

How was Juelz Santana spared their wrath? From "Make It Work for You":

"Lemme show you how to hit that strip/how to get that dick"

What about Pharell?

I'm an outlaw (i'm an outlaw)
    Quick on the draw (quick on the draw)
    Something you never seen before (never seen)
    And I dare a motherfucker to come in my face[/b]

- "Lapdance"

Woke up I had the same clothes on I had on last night
    Damn
    I must have passed out
    And cash is just like the clothes I worn yesterday
    We are broke
    Damn
    I gotta get my ass out [/b]

- "Provider"

• flunkflunk 230 Posts
    lemonade was a popular drink..........

• and it still is

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    "We run laps around the British Chanel"

LifeSucksDie - Not to change the subject entirely, but can you explain "Light a candle, run laps around the English Channel, Neptunes' got a cocker spaniel"?

Noreaga - Well, when you light a candle, that's saluting your dead peoples. Light a Candle. And then, what's the English Channel? It's a big pool of water and it's overseas. So I'm trying to say that when I light a candle I'm that strong that I can run laps around the English Channel. And Neptunes [producers featured prominently on Noreaga's two solo albums] have a cocker spaniel. 'Cause they homo.

[Pause]

LifeSucksDie - Oh. All right.

- spidey

• What about Pharell?

I'm an outlaw (i'm an outlaw)
    Quick on the draw (quick on the draw)
    Something you never seen before (never seen)
    And I dare a motherfucker to come in my face[/b]

- "Lapdance"
    aside from the double entendre, it's hilarious that pharrell of all people would be throwing out anonymous threats.

Yeah but on the west coast "cock" isn't really gendered, it refers to female genitalia as well. I never really felt comfortable using it like that but have heard it plenty of times.

There are quite a few lyrics like that, Quik 2nd II None and Penthouse Players Clique will tell you about "funky cock hoes"

I have a comedy album by Franklin Ajaye where he does a bit about "cock" working both ways...

• I thought this jada line from ruff ryders anthem remix was choice. "Jada, if i kiss you now you die later". Sounds like dude has some herpes.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    after the club, we gon touch you guys

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    just heard a funny one today.

E-40 on B-Legits new album

"I wanna put my lips on you like a cuban cigar"

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    I've been meaning to add this little gem for a minute.

"It was me and the posse with Bunny D,
    We were cruising in the Jags or[/b] the Lamborginis,
    When low and behold there appeared a mirage[/b],
    He was hooking up a car in his Daddy's garage,
    We stopped short did a double take,
    He was looking so fine I thought I wasn't awake[/b],
    He was [color:red]obviously[/color][/b] hooking up bass, [color:red]I assume[/color][/b],
    But then he turned[/b] the little button[/b] and the car went BOOM."

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    I've been meaning to add this little gem for a minute.

"It was me and the posse with Bunny D,
    We were cruising in the Jags or[/b] the Lamborginis,
    When low and behold there appeared a mirage[/b],
    He was hooking up a car in his Daddy's garage,
    We stopped short did a double take,
    He was looking so fine I thought I wasn't awake[/b],
    He was [color:red]obviously[/color][/b] hooking up bass, [color:red]I assume[/color][/b],
    But then he turned[/b] the little button[/b] and the car went BOOM."

Ha! Good one! That obviously/assume shit always bugs me.

Herm

• You forgot the preceding line, which makes this a definite contender for biggest AY-YO of the 21st century...

to the extent you won't shut your eyes,[/b]
    after the club, we gon touch your guys

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    Courtesy of Whut it dew part 3(The Game, Trae and Paul Wall - "Not Gunna")

Game - " Motherf**kas... i'm Bangin' swishahouse,and Paul Wall got [email]Ni@@Az[/email] screwing my shit downsouth"

Early candidate for 2006.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Courtesy of Whut it dew part 3(The Game, Trae and Paul Wall - "Not Gunna")

Game - " Motherf**kas... i'm Bangin' swishahouse,and Paul Wall got [email]Ni@@Az[/email] screwing my shit downsouth"

Early candidate for 2006.

When's this drop?

Herm

• sconesscones 434 Posts
    kids steal my lyrics like hubcaps - large pro

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    kids steal my lyrics like hubcaps - large pro

what's stoopid about that?

• d_wordd_word 666 Posts
    Yeah - what's wrong with that.

I gotta say that P's verses on that track are some of my favorite evah!!!!